Walking for Trees

Nightshape

I'm posting this with Fionavar's consent

Hello Obsidianites,

Tomorrow I embark upon a grand adventure, I shall be meeting up with my friend and ex-games industry colleague Andreas Gschwari, an Austrian fellow who has decided to dedicate a year of his life to walking round the coastline of Britian. That's about 4500-5000 miles on foot.

I will be joining him for 5-6 days, to walk the Yorkshire coastline with him, the whole point of this post is to try and raise a little awareness for Andreas and the cause he's walking for.

He's walking for a charity called Trees for life, the charity is dedicated to restoring the caledonian forest. Alot of the UK's forests were cut down over the last 1000 years or so, and as a result alot of wildlife has lost its habitat. This I believe is a step in the right direction.

Andreas has a facebook page, blog, and website where you can offer donations to the charity.

I'd like to thank you for your time reading this, along with thanks to Fionavar, and Obsidian Entertainment for allowing me to post this here.

Wish me luck on my journey.

Cheers

Chris "Nightshape" Hardwick

I came up with Crate 3.0 technology. 

Crate 4.0 - we shall just have to wait and see.

Down and out on the Solomani Rim
Now the Spinward Marches don't look so GRIM!

Ah! Now I understand. Good luck to your awkward last name friend, Nightshape.

I'm joining him for a week. You should donate kirottu!

I came up with Crate 3.0 technology. 

Crate 4.0 - we shall just have to wait and see.

Down and out on the Solomani Rim
Now the Spinward Marches don't look so GRIM!

I suspect a scam.

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

Great to see somebody actually doing something non-violent for what they believe in for a change. Nice iniative :shifty:

“He who joyfully marches to music in rank and file has already earned my contempt. He has been given a large brain by mistake, since for him the spinal cord would surely suffice.” - Albert Einstein

I wish trees could walk. Now that'd generate publicity.

"Show me a man who "plays fair" and I'll show you a very talented cheater."

Great to see somebody actually doing something non-violent for what they believe in for a change. Nice iniative :)

Surely apathetic loafing is non-violent. Lots of people do that for what they 'believe in'.

"It wasn't lies. It was just... bull****"."

-Elwood Blues

tarna's dead; processing... complete. Disappointed by Universe. RIP Hades/Sand/etc. Here's hoping your next alt has a harp.