Blizzard's leaked product slate

Purkake

So there isn't?

It's pretty damn far from decent.

"Alright, I've been thinking. When life gives you lemons, don't make lemonade - make life take the lemons back! Get mad! I don't want your damn lemons, what am I supposed to do with these? Demand to see life's manager. Make life rue the day it thought it could give Cave Johnson lemons. Do you know who I am? I'm the man who's gonna burn your house down! With the lemons. I'm going to to get my engineers to invent a combustible lemon that burns your house down!"

So there isn't?

It's pretty damn far from decent.

It's better than some of the stuff that many consider sacred cows.

Victor of the 5 year fan fic competition!

Kevin Butler will awesome your face off.

With Blizzards glacier pace, it's impossile to say when, if ever, the movie is out. I wouldn't be suprised even if they'd cancel the whole project if some of the higher ups in Blizzard hierarchy don't like it. WoW makes currently stupid amounts of cash, so it'd only hurt 'em (and all the future projects) if they'd do absolutely horrible movie about the Warcraft universe.

Blizzards lore might not be the top shelf stuff but it's extemely popular. I mean it's same kind of way popular as something like Spiderman origin story. East, accessable and familar. Avatar showed the movie biz that people will accept stupid looking aliens... and *shudder* even romance between 'em. I'm sure that nightelfs will not be the problem for the casual audience.

Then again, fantasy movies have always potential to tank. If movie is out the same time when WoW finally starts to lose subscribers by the mass, then movie might suffer too.

Let's play Alpha Protocol

My misadventures on youtube.

I've never seen a proper or well done game-to-movie adaption, that's because the movie business doesn't value the game industry. It only sees IPs and cashcows.

Or why do you think Valve hasn't greenlit a Half Life movie yet? Because Valve cares about HL.

If they can turn comic books into good movies, they can turn games into good movies.

"When is this out. I can't wait to play it so I can talk at length about how bad it is." - Gorgon.

Indeed.

Also, woot! to Diablo III coming out in 4th quarter 2011. I expect that means we'll get it sometime in summer of 2012.

We've got the Olympics in the summer of 2012 here in London, which I have absolutely no interest in whatsoever*, so that release date works for me.

*Unless hacking, slashing, fighting in tunnels and l00t gathering become olympic sports.

sonsofgygax.JPG

There's plenty of decent Warcraft lore, no?

I thought the lore was decent up until WoW. It wasn't very original, but it was good enough to keep me playing the RTS games.

The lore from WoW onwards however, from what I've read about it, seems mostly like it was designed for gameplay purposes rather than to create a good cohesive story. The examples that spring to mind are the Blood Elves joining the Horde, and the Draenei backstory being retconned. Also the entire Horde vs Alliance conflict should've ended after WC3, seeing as they both seem to have much bigger fish to fry than each other.

I was very curious about where the story would be heading after TFT, but with the way WoW messed everything up, I doubt an interesting plot for another WarCraft RTS is even possible. It's a bit comparable to the Forgotten Realms: everywhere and at all times there is some epic conflict going on. It just takes away any sense of danger.

Edited by Pope