FO: NV (General Discussion)

Pidesco

I mean, the sniper rifle is totally brutal.

From the Beth boards, it appears Sawyer has mentioned cutting the crit chance for the Sniper Rifle by a lot in the next patch. That should help make it less OP'd up close at least (since you can do sneak crits from distance it'll still be awesome for that). I don't have a quote from him or the post but if true, coupled with the fixes to energy weapon DT issue and some of the weapon stuff may start to feel a bit more balanced. But we'll see.

“Things are as they are. Looking out into the universe at night, we make no comparisons between right and wrong stars, nor between well and badly arranged constellations.” – Alan Watts

Apologies to mkreku but I just had to:

No need to apologize, I am just jealous that we didn't get a female hottie to play around with.

And I can't believe they have lovely Felicia Day trapped inside that butt-ugly Veronica model! Grr.

Did anyone find those nudie mods yet..?

Swedes, go to: Spel2, for the latest game reviews in swedish!

Did anyone find those nudie mods yet..?

I was under the impression that there aren't anything else than nude mods for Oblivion --> FO-NV

With the GECK you can normally change faces of NPCs. I'm thinking of replacing Cass' face with Sunny Smiles', who's pretty much the only good-looking female in the game apart from a custom-made courier.

Nah, Red Lucy has better model.

Apologies to mkreku but I just had to:

this is pure genius! when he started break-dancing, I almost lost it :huh:

Walsingham said:

I was struggling to understand ths until I noticed you are from Finland. And having been educated solely by mkreku in this respect I am convinced that Finland essentially IS the wh40k universe.

I can not believe the gall of a company to NOT fix known issues with a game people spent $60 on and then decided to try to sell us more.

What reason would I ever have to buy your DLC when the regular game locked up on me after 21 hours of game play and forced me to restart!

I can not believe the gall of a company to NOT fix known issues with a game people spent $60 on and then decided to try to sell us more.

What reason would I ever have to buy your DLC when the regular game locked up on me after 21 hours of game play and forced me to restart!

That's very annoying - not everyone is experiencing bugs however.. I've had well over 60 hours without a gamebreaking hitches. But I know the frustration, I couldn't play GTA IV until almost a year after its release due to bugs (and every patch just messed up the game even more). I remember thousands of players were ripping RS to shreds in forums and tech support. Some mods came out later that made the game playable until a patch was released by Rockstar that fixed my game eventually.

Try looking through these? The cool thing about a dedicated mod community is that they can shoot down a narrow problem, while the developers have to focus on the larger game breaking bugs.

Fortune favors the bald.

That's very annoying - not everyone is experiencing bugs however.. I've had well over 60 hours without a gamebreaking hitches. But I know the frustration, I couldn't play GTA IV until almost a year after its release due to bugs (and every patch just messed up the game even more). I remember thousands of players were ripping RS to shreds in forums and tech support. Some mods came out later that made the game playable until a patch was released by Rockstar that fixed my game eventually.

Try looking through these? The cool thing about a dedicated mod community is that they can shoot down a narrow problem, while the developers have to focus on the larger game breaking bugs.

Mods wont help me on the 360. A comprehensive patch would.

ah, damn - I was hoping there were some solutions for you in there.

Only solution would be a PATCH to fix the NUMEROUS bugs that have been widely reported for this game.

Patches are worked on. A big one is coming soon and the worst (technical) issues are already fixed.

And also just for Knigge. It's not exactly nice to answer like this if the people here are all answering polite and understanding to your problems.

ah, damn - I was hoping there were some solutions for you in there.

Only solution would be a PATCH to fix the NUMEROUS bugs that have been widely reported for this game.

Patches are worked on. A big one is coming soon and the worst (technical) issues are already fixed.

And also just for Knigge. It's not exactly nice to answer like this if the people here are all answering polite and understanding to your problems.

I think that a glitch that locks up my saved games would be a WORST ( technical ) issue that is not fixed. I just wasted 21 hours and have to restart the game.

I am not talking about a radscorpion being stuck in a door I am talking about a glitch that forces you to redo everything you did AGAIN!

And when you say soon, why won't they give us a date on a patch.

And when you say soon, why won't they give us a date on a patch.

I'm sorry you're having such an experience with the game. :shifty: I know the last patch introduced the GUI freeze bug for me, which keeps me from using half the weapons in the game. Blargh. heh

But one reason companies don't like to announce dates on patches is because it's often difficult to predict exactly when they'll decide a patch is 'ready'. Patches don't have the same kind of, say, sales/business pressures as game itself. If they name a date then realize there's one more thing that needs attention that will delay it a few days, it just makes people more angry. Better to just release it when it's ready.

I'm personally confident that the next patch will be released before the DLC tho.

“Things are as they are. Looking out into the universe at night, we make no comparisons between right and wrong stars, nor between well and badly arranged constellations.” – Alan Watts

I thought the last patch fixed most everyone major issues. Sad that's not the case. I bought NV right after the last patch was released and didn't have any game stopping bugs nor any constant CTD. one or two but nothing that I couldn't deal with. However I don't have a lot of CC installed either and that may have something to do with it as well. OTOH its basically the same engine as FO3 and in FO3 I had x2 as much CC as I do for NV and the amount of CC didn't seem to effect it. At least any reasonable amount.

World of Darkness News

http://www.wodnews.net

---

"I cannot profess to be a theologian; but it seems to me that Christians who believe in a super human Satan have got themselves into a logical impasse with regard to their own religion. For either God can not prevent the mischief of Satan, in which case he is not omnipotent; or else He could do so if he wished, but will not, in which case He is not benevolent. Fortunately, being a pagan witch, I am not called upon to solve this problem."

- Doreen Valiente

What I also found odd, and perhaps they didn't account for in the programming/ending dialog, is I sided with the BoS and joined them in my first play though. I took out house, ncr and the legion and most of the gangs. Only real faction I left whole was the BoS I thought at the end be something about them either joining forces with me and my robots or perhaps attacking me due to my robots. But the ending said nothing about them except for their member Vic who was my companion. I opened the door for them to take a new foothold and nothing? Found it odd. So am I to assume no matter what you do with the BoS its moot at the end?

World of Darkness News

http://www.wodnews.net

---

"I cannot profess to be a theologian; but it seems to me that Christians who believe in a super human Satan have got themselves into a logical impasse with regard to their own religion. For either God can not prevent the mischief of Satan, in which case he is not omnipotent; or else He could do so if he wished, but will not, in which case He is not benevolent. Fortunately, being a pagan witch, I am not called upon to solve this problem."

- Doreen Valiente

Mojave BoS didn't seem like they were interested in conquest.

"Show me a man who "plays fair" and I'll show you a very talented cheater."