FO: NV (Spoilers)

Right then, so noted! Glad I didn't wander into Vault11 then. That's the first one I 'discovered' too.

“Things are as they are. Looking out into the universe at night, we make no comparisons between right and wrong stars, nor between well and badly arranged constellations.” – Alan Watts

In my game, the sky is green around Searchlight at night. I don't get it, since radiation isn't supposed to be visible.

Also, I find it a bit dubious how the NCR could drive the Brotherhood from Helios One. Even if they outnumbered the Brotherhood 20 to 1, what would they do against power armour with their puny service rifles? It must've been a meat grinder.

Edited by virumor

The ending of the words is ALMSIVI.

In my game, the sky is screen around Searchlight at night. I don't get it, since radiation isn't supposed to be visible.
They're setting a tone, dag nabbit. It's not meant to be literal!

Also, I find it a bit dubious how the NCR could drive the Brotherhood from Helios One. Even if they outnumbered the Brotherhood 20 to 1, what would they do against power armour with their puny service rifles? It must've been a meat grinder.
I don't think the narrative operates by the mechanics. This is generally true.

Then again, maybe they had a Pulse Gun. Maybe they hired another guy like the player.

Edited by Tale
"Show me a man who "plays fair" and I'll show you a very talented cheater."

Well, I sat down after dinner to get some FONV on..and found that I seem to have broken one of the main quests..

- The House Always Wins IV

I'd already talked to the Receptionist and hit her up for info and handed Cachino over to his bosses.. and done the whole.rescue Joanna and the Hookers before getting on with the House Always Wins quest line.. so now that I've started House Always Wins part IV...and it keeps pointing to the receptionist but there are no options in talking with her that let me carry on.... :ermm:

I get the feeling that this means the only way I can carry on the main quest line is if I stop working for House, and pick one of the other groups to support.. or just go totally independant..

"Cuius testiculos habeas, habeas cardia et cerebellum."

same thing happened to me in another quest, I already had the necessary items on me, but the game couldn't recognize it and kept pointing me at places I have already been to

Walsingham said:

I was struggling to understand ths until I noticed you are from Finland. And having been educated solely by mkreku in this respect I am convinced that Finland essentially IS the wh40k universe.

Well, I sat down after dinner to get some FONV on..and found that I seem to have broken one of the main quests..

- The House Always Wins IV

I'd already talked to the Receptionist and hit her up for info and handed Cachino over to his bosses.. and done the whole.rescue Joanna and the Hookers before getting on with the House Always Wins quest line.. so now that I've started House Always Wins part IV...and it keeps pointing to the receptionist but there are no options in talking with her that let me carry on.... :ermm:

I get the feeling that this means the only way I can carry on the main quest line is if I stop working for House, and pick one of the other groups to support.. or just go totally independant..

Have you tried going back to house and saying it's taken care of?

Yup. That doesn't work. The trouble is that I think Cachino puts you on the trail of some other information of what the Omerta are up to...

And the fact that I'd used up the "favour" the receptionist owed Benny means she's already spoken to me about where Cachino was...

So there were no dialogue options to pressure her for information to find out what the next "part" of the quest is...

So I'm just left with the quest pointing me to talk to the Receptionist..and nada in the conversation tree moving the quest on..

I assumed they were trying to consolidate the NV posts into a few thread categories. The spoilers were definitely jumping all over the place in the previous threads. :ermm: (tho I think they still are a little, still...)

Right, so they created this thread, which is exactly the same thing as the thread that already existed, but with a different title.

"When is this out. I can't wait to play it so I can talk at length about how bad it is." - Gorgon.

Yup. That doesn't work. The trouble is that I think Cachino puts you on the trail of some other information of what the Omerta are up to...

And the fact that I'd used up the "favour" the receptionist owed Benny means she's already spoken to me about where Cachino was...

So there were no dialogue options to pressure her for information to find out what the next "part" of the quest is...

So I'm just left with the quest pointing me to talk to the Receptionist..and nada in the conversation tree moving the quest on..

Wait, so you haven't actually taken care of the Omertas? You've just flirted with the receiptionist? You're right that the receptionist not putting you on the trail is a bug, but go snooping otherwise. Unlock some doors.

I assumed they were trying to consolidate the NV posts into a few thread categories. The spoilers were definitely jumping all over the place in the previous threads. :ermm: (tho I think they still are a little, still...)

Right, so they created this thread, which is exactly the same thing as the thread that already existed, but with a different title.

They wanted the common naming convention to keep things simple. Or you know, maybe they just don't like you.

Wait, so you haven't actually taken care of the Omertas? You've just flirted with the receiptionist? You're right that the receptionist not putting you on the trail is a bug, but go snooping otherwise. Unlock some doors.

Yup, done that.. picked up Cachino's journal.. read it.. talked with Joanna..found out what a creep Cachino is.. even unlocked that room up in the hotel suites area and found the tortured and dead hooker... Which is why I handed the journal to his Bosses which led to him coming down with a sudden case of high velocity lead in the head.

Of course..all that was before I tracked down the platinum chip at Ceasar's camp.. so.. I think that's what somehow broke it when I finally arrived at this point..

Which is odd.. I mean the game recognised I'd encountered the Boomer's at Nellis and danced right past House Always Wins pt III..

So Veronica wants to come play with me, but I don't have a "yes, join me" option. Why is that? Does Boone not like her looks or something?

“Things are as they are. Looking out into the universe at night, we make no comparisons between right and wrong stars, nor between well and badly arranged constellations.” – Alan Watts

So Veronica wants to come play with me, but I don't have a "yes, join me" option. Why is that? Does Boone not like her looks or something?

Well..besides the only 1 humanoid and 1 non-humanoid companion at any time.. I think you have to make some comment in the right manner about the Brotherhood of Steel for her to travel with you... But then she was the first human companion I encountered and tagged along right away..

wait, you still have Boone in your party? Veronica won't join in this case

Walsingham said:

I was struggling to understand ths until I noticed you are from Finland. And having been educated solely by mkreku in this respect I am convinced that Finland essentially IS the wh40k universe.

Oh ok....for some reason I thought I'd read you could have 2 humans and 1 non human in your party for a total of 3. Thanks.

Was that near Scorpion Gulch, because for me that corpse held Brotherhood armor (+1 STR, +25 rad resistance, 40weight). And yea, too heavy (without mods, that is, of course). Random I assume. Interesting.

not totally random, some brotherhood fellas went missing while on scouting missions... there is a quest about it later, but dont worry, you dont break anything by finding the patrols early

Killing is kind of like playin' a basketball game. I am there. and the other player is there. and it's just the two of us. and I put the other player's body in my van. and I am the winner. - Nice Pete.

yeah, 3 patrols in total, that makes 6 sets of 51b, I recycled them all into 2 sets for me and Veronica

Walsingham said:

Where do you get the training to wear Power Armor then? The Brotherhood Idolise me..but I've not seen any "get trained in power armor" options...

it's a reward for completing the last quest for them (the one where you have to find 3 items for their filtration system in 3 different vaults)

Walsingham said: