FO: NV (Spoilers)

Wow, that "Come Fly With Me" quest was a long chain w/some great little pieces of chr. stories. I loved it. That was a lot of fun, thanks Obs! I loved getting a free hotel room too (but I didn't love moving all my "stuff", haha). Did anyone have enough Science to activate the launch flight navigation panel? I wanna know what that did. All I could do was do the lift off button. :p

Now I have to figure out who to take out into the street for angry Boone. And go back & fix the robot and rescue some ppl from the Legion. I'm guessing that might put me at not-neutral with them. Too bad, I was liking both Legion & NRC being green. Unless there's an option to do it non-violently. There seems to be a lot of non-violent options at times, which I really appreciate. There's the "Going to kill you now" dialogue option or some other path that takes you to optional quest within a quest. Not always skill-check related either.

I love my .357 cowboy repeater!

(ps) I'm already thinking of a 2nd chr. & noticing not many perks require more than 6 in an attribute. A few need 7 but that's it. I'd have done those stats a bit different if I'd known that. :lol:

Edited by LadyCrimson
“Things are as they are. Looking out into the universe at night, we make no comparisons between right and wrong stars, nor between well and badly arranged constellations.” – Alan Watts

I'm guessing that might put me at not-neutral with them. Too bad, I was liking both Legion & NRC being green. Unless there's an option to do it non-violently. There seems to be a lot of non-violent options at times, which I really appreciate. There's the "Going to kill you now" dialogue option or some other path that takes you to optional quest within a quest. Not always skill-check related either.

You'll be forgiven for all past trangressions later, by both the NCR and Legion .. so you can actually be quite a bastard to both if you want. And Caesar's got some cool dialogue if you are in a bad standing prior to seeing him. :p

Fortune favors the bald.

You'll be forgiven for all past trangressions later, by both the NCR and Legion .. so you can actually be quite a bastard to both if you want. And Caesar's got some cool dialogue if you are in a bad standing prior to seeing him. :p

really? wow, that's a relief. I'm gonna go all out on the legionaries now, for all hard times they've given me.

I encountered anothea bug with Boone, he's somehow able to wear Power Armor, when he shouldn't be. I'm not complaining though

Walsingham said:

I was struggling to understand ths until I noticed you are from Finland. And having been educated solely by mkreku in this respect I am convinced that Finland essentially IS the wh40k universe.

@Rosbjerg - Orly? Interesting. *rubs palms together*

@Thorton_AP Ah. I figured it was something like that. Just wish I could've done it. Next time!

--I'm not sure I want a Companion. I assume they Fast Travel with you, because if they don't I definitely don't want one. I keep hearing how bad their pathing can be too. But if I can romance the sexy bald Boone I'd do it. Can I? :D

Edited by LadyCrimson
“Things are as they are. Looking out into the universe at night, we make no comparisons between right and wrong stars, nor between well and badly arranged constellations.” – Alan Watts

Meh, I begin to hate the "I put a spell on you"-quest. Waiting in the tower was bull****, nobody came in the night. Waiting outside for someone to enter wasn't working too. Waiting outside and every once in a while going inside to watch, didn't worked either... And I didn't talked with the npc before and told him I would be from the Legion. So there is no need for me that the quest locks up... meh.

"only when you no-life you can exist forever, because what does not live cannot die."

Oh man, that's it. Thanks. The npc is going back, as soon as he can see me. So I was heading back into the mainbuilding and waited until night. When I left the place, Cpt. Curtis came out and asked me what I do in the night outside. Thanks to my skills, I've manged it to convince him I couldn't sleep. Now I've waited a bit far away and watched the door... he came out again, moving to the tower. Now I am following him in sneak-mode.

Now I forgot my hate about the quest and like it again. :p

Edited by Lexx

"only when you no-life you can exist forever, because what does not live cannot die."

He's damaged goods, Lady.

I know, that's why he's appealing! :p

....seriously, I want a subtle romance option with someone. I don't care about whether they get into bed w/a visual sex scene (don't care to watch pixels do it, thanks) I just want the romance or tragic-romance options/influence.

I want a subtle romance option with someone.

Obsidian is too good for that, to put this kind of thing in their game would be like kissing Bioware on the mouth :p

remember Fallout 2? the only love option available to us? the only romantic option the Courier could have gotten would be some dominatrix (Tabitha comes to mind).

Walsingham said:

I was struggling to understand ths until I noticed you are from Finland. And having been educated solely by mkreku in this respect I am convinced that Finland essentially IS the wh40k universe.

Meh, while the beginning of the quest is really good, with the sneaking part, etc. the ending is bugged. It is not possible to save the monorail, it will explode regardless of what you do. First, it seems to be kind of a luck-act to get into the train. I needed many reloads for it. Second, even after I've defused the bomb, the monorail will explode... but the questlog says, all is ok. Sadly, I don't know if this only happens if you defuse the bomb via skill, because that's what I have done and I don't have any older savegame. Would have liked it to test the defusing with deactivation code, but ... I quicksaved after I got the bomb and therefore couldn't try again. Don't want to reload to my last hard-saved game... So I'll guess the Legion has won... this time, thanks to Obsidians help.

Edited by Lexx

I'm pretty sure a male can flirt with Cass and/or Veronica? Anyway, ED-E is darn useful with his sensor perk. He also allows me to safely pop heads while he's shooting stuff. The Ratslayer is really overpowered. I've been one-shotting golden geckos, nightstalkers & lakelurkers with it without any problems.

Basically I've covered the entire area between Mojave outpost & Crossover wood post. I thought about killing Centurion Jackass and the rest of his clowns, but decided against it... since scooting around Searchlight made me end up with 859 RAD.

Also:

falloutnv20101026022119.png

This guy probably wished he didn't win the lottery at Nipton.

Edited by virumor

The ending of the words is ALMSIVI.

Obsidian is too good for that, to put this kind of thing in their game would be like kissing Bioware on the mouth :x

remember Fallout 2? the only love option available to us? the only romantic option the Courier could have gotten would be some dominatrix (Tabitha comes to mind).

Haven't played the other Fallouts, but that's been my general experience with other games attempts at romance. :) Kotor2 was kinda close but then at the end it was like, Denied! I don't know what the actual proportions are, but maybe games need more female writers. :p

I defused the bomb on the monorail, now I'm doomed to listen to the radio host praising some "civilian", who saved the day.

also I find it odd, that there's an option to wipe out an entire Legion outpost without shooting a single bullet, I am sure it's a part of a quest, but I can't find the quest giver.

Walsingham said:

....seriously, I want a subtle romance option with someone. I don't care about whether they get into bed w/a visual sex scene (don't care to watch pixels do it, thanks) I just want the romance or tragic-romance options/influence.

Then just be good friends and consider it subtle.

"Show me a man who "plays fair" and I'll show you a very talented cheater."

There's always that whole series of "fetch" quests you can pick up in The Thorn... what someone will do to impress a girl.. (Red Lucy)... hunting up eggs for various beasties.. all to get laid.

"Cuius testiculos habeas, habeas cardia et cerebellum."

Then just be good friends and consider it subtle.

Obviously I haven't done it yet, but that sounds more like non-existent than subtle. :)

Haven't played the other Fallouts

since this is a spoiler-free thread, I'm gonna spoil it for you: in Fallout 2 you'd eventually arrive in New Reno (think Freeside). there's 3 families. and you, the hero, have an option of romancing 2 women. the wife of the head of a family (Bishops, if my memory serves me well) and their young daughter. missus Bishop is an alcoholic, while miss Bishop is a junkie and the biggest **** New Reno has ever seen.

so yeah, I'd imagine some **** like Benny as an option for female characters, but certainly not Boone or, say, Gannon :p

Walsingham said:

Don't forget about the girl that you get a shotgun marriage into if you sleep with her up north too (In FO2).

I don't overly miss it, but I would have loved a deeper relationship with someone like Veronica. It just seemed like it could have evolved very naturally. Oh wells. I swapped her out for Boone again anyways :p

Don't forget about the girl that you get a shotgun marriage into if you sleep with her up north too (In FO2).

oh god, yeah! also, F2 was the first game that allowed gay marriages :p

Walsingham said: