Tigranes

We Value Your Opinions  

12 members have voted

1. 1. You See A:

• Mafia
    • Diplomacy
    • Objective RP
    • Other (State)

We've got enough people, we like role playing, I don't know why we haven't taken off with forum games yet. >_<

With another community I host/play a lot of Mafia, Diplomacy and such. Is anybody interested? We could:

(a) play a traditional mafia - there are mafia, there are townies, you try and guess who is who and lynch, etc.

(b) play a diplomacy game - we'd use a web client thing, though, not so much this thread.

in b4 pixie makes another of his choose your own adventure threads.

Pixie's games are the way we've played forum games in the past. I suspect that's why we didn't have another forum game earlier, since his seemed to fill that gap for the time.

But to answer the question, I couldn't have said it better than mkreku, Obsidian board dating simulator game.

I voted other. I want an Obsidian board dating simulator game.

[Judge Fudge]

I don't have time for a dating simulator game. I'm far too busy...

Being delicious

[/Judge Fudge]

:(

when your mind works against you - fight back with substance abuse!

I can't begin to imagine how wrong this is going to get.

"It wasn't lies. It was just... bull****"."

-Elwood Blues

tarna's dead; processing... complete. Disappointed by Universe. RIP Hades/Sand/etc. Here's hoping your next alt has a harp.

Im in even if last time it ended with everyone stabbing me in the back. :(

et tu, brother jags.

DISCLAIMER: Do not take what I write seriously unless it is clearly and in no uncertain terms, declared by me to be meant in a serious and non-humoristic manner. If there is no clear indication, asume the post is written in jest. This notification is meant very seriously and its purpouse is to avoid misunderstandings and the consequences thereof. Furthermore; I can not be held accountable for anything I write on these forums since the idea of taking serious responsability for my unserious actions, is an oxymoron in itself.

Important: as the following sentence contains many naughty words I warn you not to read it under any circumstances; botty, knickers, wee, erogenous zone, psychiatrist, clitoris, stockings, bosom, poetry reading, dentist, fellatio and the department of agriculture.

"I suppose outright stupidity and complete lack of taste could also be considered points of view. "

I'm in for anything that's not mobster related.

"Show me a man who "plays fair" and I'll show you a very talented cheater."

OK, cool, we do have interest. I'll start thinking about what to do - the classic escape from dungeon/island might suit us best, or... in another forum I'm throwing around some weirder settings, such as where we are Kim Jong Un & his posse of Future Leaders of North Korea on a male-bonding mountain trip.

...or I could try make up an Obsidian Dating Objective RP. :)

Guest The Architect
Sounds interesting. If we do dating, I vote that Shryke is not allowed to take part, he's not an amateur like the rest of us.

Amateur? AMATEUR!?

Why you-- hook this guy up with lord of flies.

I suggest an interactive comic (ala ME Paint Adventures), as long as someone wants to do the art/basic plot.

"Alright, I've been thinking. When life gives you lemons, don't make lemonade - make life take the lemons back! Get mad! I don't want your damn lemons, what am I supposed to do with these? Demand to see life's manager. Make life rue the day it thought it could give Cave Johnson lemons. Do you know who I am? I'm the man who's gonna burn your house down! With the lemons. I'm going to to get my engineers to invent a combustible lemon that burns your house down!"

Dating sim ftw!

Why you-- hook this guy up with lord of flies.

;(:p:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

In 7th grade, I teach the students how Chuck Norris took down the Roman Empire, so it is good that you are starting early on this curriculum.

R.I.P. KOTOR 2003-2008 KILLED BY THOSE GREEDY MONEY-HOARDING ************* AND THEIR *****-*** MMOS

I'll probably need to keep it simpler than roleplay/adventure-inspired ones, where you need to write a lot of story, keep track of lots of items/variables, etc. I also can't draw. So, taking up the overwhelming demand for a dating scenario, maybe something like:

The Obsidian Men's Dating Sim, or TOMDS:

• Each of you will be assigned a dating archetype, best representing the mix of infantile irresponsibility, fantastical imaginations, reckless aggressiveness and unresolved psychological tension that all single men indisputably are.
  • This will come with a specific ability and item that you can make use of as you see fit, as well as some restrictions or weaknesses.
  • The sim will progress in a regular day/night cycle: each day I will introduce a lady, and a specific situation/challenge to win her heart. During the day you will publicly make your moves to try and win the lady (earn TOMDS points and increase chance of success by roleplaying your archetype). At the end of each day, you the players will vote off one hapless male out of contention, unless you have won the hand of the lady that day.
  • During the night, more sinister ways to sabotage your competitors are available, so be wary...
  • Your participation thus involves posting during the day and PM'ing me during the night - we will keep a regular and moderate pacing. Make alliances, find out info, and make use of your skills to be the one that wins the girl.

The parallels to reality TV, by the way, is frightening, but hopefully it will be a good mix of roleplay and forum-gameyness. Thoughts? Suggestions?

To streamline, let's collect signups, who's playing? Can I assume, to start:

Hurlshot

Kaftan Scandinavius

Mkreku

Rosbjerg

Shryke

Tale

Walsingham

I'm in. Even if I find the notion of a dating sim repulsive, on many levels! ;(

Sounds interesting. If we do dating, I vote that Shryke is not allowed to take part, he's not an amateur like the rest of us.

Amateurs? Just because some of us don't share our stories.. shifty:

Fortune favors the bald.

Shryke is totally going to lose this.

Can I quickly get my avatar a haircut?

"It wasn't lies. It was just... bull****"."

-Elwood Blues

tarna's dead; processing... complete. Disappointed by Universe. RIP Hades/Sand/etc. Here's hoping your next alt has a harp.