Video Games Voters Network

Orogun01

For those that don't already know California is appealing a law in the Supreme Court that would make the ESBR obsolete. The law is pretty vague in terms of enforcement and chooses to leave it to each distributer. Problem is that if the distributer fails to correctly label a game then it's held liable which may deter them from carrying games with violent content at all.

That's the gist of it.

If you are against please join the cause. :)

http://www.videogamevoters.org/

I'd say the answer to that question is kind of like the answer to "who's the sucker in this poker game?"*

*If you can't tell, it's you. ;)

village_idiot.gif

Somehow I suspect that violence is here to stay.

I blame Sam Peckinpah.

Notice how I can belittle your beliefs without calling you names. It's a useful skill to have particularly where you aren't allowed to call people names. It's a mistake to get too drawn in/worked up. I mean it's not life or death, it's just two guys posting their thoughts on a message board. If it were personal or face to face all the usual restraints would be in place, and we would never have reached this place in the first place. Try to remember that.

Isn't that the fun one that Governor Arnie is spearheading to cut down violence in media ..?

I'm not sure if that counts as hypocrisy or irony... :lol:

Although to be fair, I think he's been pushing more the "in media that children are exposed to" rather then media in general..

"Cuius testiculos habeas, habeas cardia et cerebellum."

Isn't that the fun one that Governor Arnie is spearheading to cut down violence in media ..?

I'm not sure if that counts as hypocrisy or irony... :lol:

Although to be fair, I think he's been pushing more the "in media that children are exposed to" rather then media in general..

Funny considering that the average gamer is 16-30 or close to that range.

I'd say the answer to that question is kind of like the answer to "who's the sucker in this poker game?"*

village_idiot.gif

But the general "public perception" still tends to be "games are things that kids play" even though a lot of games these days come out with various mature / 18 ratings depending on the board...

Of course most parents don't check those and will still buy those games for their young teenagers... but that's the parents fault not the game makers.

"Cuius testiculos habeas, habeas cardia et cerebellum."

But the general "public perception" still tends to be "games are things that kids play" even though a lot of games these days come out with various mature / 18 ratings depending on the board...

Of course most parents don't check those and will still buy those games for their young teenagers... but that's the parents fault not the game makers.

On thing that the public needs to be educated on, plus that thing of the parents not knowing is under my scrutiny. I'm sure there is part of that percent that simply lets their kids play violent games because they know they can handle it. 16 year olds aren't kids and they definitively don't need our protection.

village_idiot.gif