Bug: reloading checkpoint makes Mike stand

DaniDE

Question

Not only that reloading a checkpoint removes enemies from time to time it seems, also it makes Mike stand instead of crouching. This leads to Mike being clearly visible suddenly and being shot immediately :D

On a sidenote...can we please have quicksave and quickload enabled? The keybinds are there, just not the function it seems.

Thanks in advance,

Dani

9 answers to this question

I guess save system is designed in such way to not keep too much data (in order to be optimized for consoles). Probably a reason why stance, exact enemy position and some other stuff don't mirror exact same condition as before save, when loaded. Even areas you passed get closed off after awhile.

If so, it's highly improbable to add quicksave in the patch. Checkpoint system probably masks that game "state" is not completely saved.

Edited by player1

Spell Fixes compilation for Neverwinter Nights 2, as well as my other submissions for this great game.

If it works as I think it works, it's not really "a bug", but design decisions. As a way to minimize amount of data needed to be saved.

Personally, I would prefer proper save with full game state saved, instead of bare minimum.

Edited by player1

Spell Fixes compilation for Neverwinter Nights 2, as well as my other submissions for this great game.

really i would be happy if there was an ability to come back to areas before your last checkpoint to check if you forgotten something, of course with all enemies on their positions =_=

and yes.. i can live with checkpoints system, BUT i prefer quicksave... at least we need enemies not dissapearing after loading checkpoint and DEFINETELY that Mike's not standing when he's not supposed to

this is a big bug i think, major maybe

i get the standing issue on the airfield at the ****ing beginning of the mission??? WTF is that all about?

also a manual save system would be so much better for PC... just another sloppy port because the devs couldn't be arsed

fuzz, you hate the save system, we get it. No need to talk about it in every single thread :p

Currently the checkpoint bug of disappearing enemies has no reliable, sure-fire solution; but for many people, using Load checkpoint (not Reload Checkpoint) helps, as does restarting the game and then loading. I get this sometimes but after doing that, has always worked - though for others, maybe not.

The Mike standing bug seems to happen more consistently. Fortunately, most of the places where it affects you badly (i.e. alarm is sounded and people shoot you immediately) is at the very start of the mission (e.g. very start of airfield, jizan weapon stockpile), so you can reload from last safehouse, and you simply lose 30 seconds or so.

You still have to talk to Mina.

And some loads actually place you in cover you weren't before (Brayko, Sis etc.)

^

I agree that that is such a stupid idiotic pathetic garbage hateful retarded scumbag evil satanic nazi like term ever created. At least top 5.

TSLRCM Official Forum || TSLRCM Moddb || My other KOTOR2 mods || TSLRCM (English version) on Steam || [M4-78EP on Steam

Formerly known as BattleWookiee/BattleCookiee

You still have to talk to Mina.

And some loads actually place you in cover you weren't before (Brayko, Sis etc.)

exactly talking to Mina for the 10th time is boring and tedious despite the fast forward option...