Top 100 Videogame Villains - IGN

"Irenicus I don't know.. he seemed schizophrenic as far as his portrayal goes.

He should be emotionless and yet he's driven by revenge and jealousy, and basically goes on to try to complete his plan again.. after failing the first time you'd think he learned the lesson, but no!"

This is why I like Irenicus. He's a complicated mess, and it's largely his own fault. Like a true villain he blames everybody else for his problems when he's actually at fault.

He's not meant to be really emotionless - at least not during the game. He is driven by rage and jealousy. That's the point.

DWARVES IN PROJECT ETERNITY = VOLOURN HAS PLEDGED $250.

He's not meant to be really emotionless - at least not during the game. He is driven by rage and jealousy. That's the point.

Again.. the game never gave me that impression. Again and again they repeat that the fact that his soul has been taken out has made him incapable of feeling anything...

Also, even if what you say is true.. I don't know. He never worked well as a villain for me. It's not just the inner conflict that bugs me, but also all the circumstances surrounding him.. it's like Diabolus Ex Machina to the max, with his hawt Elven Queen fianc

Sarevok wasn't crafty at all. He was cool, and strong though.. I have little doubt any 'craftiness' found in his plans were due to the brain surrounding him like step father.

His intelligence is 17.

Basically Sarevok used the original plans of the Iron Throne and adapted them to his own ends --- starting an all-out war on the Sword Coast and eventually use the chaos to ascend into godhood.

The ending of the words is ALMSIVI.

I see a lot of fun villains in there (I only skimmed, 100 separate-click pages on IGN is migraine-inducing). Saw some I'd agree with, some I didn't, and many I've never heard of/seen before.

Long live the Pac-Man ghosts.

“Things are as they are. Looking out into the universe at night, we make no comparisons between right and wrong stars, nor between well and badly arranged constellations.” – Alan Watts

I see a lot of fun villains in there (I only skimmed, 100 separate-click pages on IGN is migraine-inducing). Saw some I'd agree with, some I didn't, and many I've never heard of/seen before.

Long live the Pac-Man ghosts.

:)

I wonder if there was a giant centipede and some evil galaxians on the list?

Sorry, haven't checked the list. Can't really be bothered either as past experience shows such lists to be inherently silly :)

“He who joyfully marches to music in rank and file has already earned my contempt. He has been given a large brain by mistake, since for him the spinal cord would surely suffice.” - Albert Einstein

Next up, a top 10 list why lists are silly... ;)

“He who joyfully marches to music in rank and file has already earned my contempt. He has been given a large brain by mistake, since for him the spinal cord would surely suffice.” - Albert Einstein

I don't see that evil guys can't be pathetic. Evil IS pathetic.

"It wasn't lies. It was just... bull****"."

-Elwood Blues

tarna's dead; processing... complete. Disappointed by Universe. RIP Hades/Sand/etc. Here's hoping your next alt has a harp.

I don't see that evil guys can't be pathetic. Evil IS pathetic.

There's a rather big difference between various types of villains, and the 'pathetic' villain who's basically a cry-baby that wants a revenge against the world it's not my favorite.

Considering, you know, I had that phase too during my adolescence, it strikes me as 'over 9000 immaturity'. :sorcerer:

And that's the vibe I honestly got from Irenicus.

Remember people these are games, target audience is adolescents and young adults. Sometimes you need the cookie cut cartoon villain so that you know who is who quickly and can get to the playing. I will that in RPG though, this is unforgivable.

I'd say the answer to that question is kind of like the answer to "who's the sucker in this poker game?"*

*If you can't tell, it's you. ;)

village_idiot.gif

Remember people these are games, target audience is adolescents and young adults. Sometimes you need the cookie cut cartoon villain so that you know who is who quickly and can get to the playing. I will that in RPG though, this is unforgivable.

Yeah, and I agree. To an extent I actually like cartoonish villains, as long as the story doesn't pretend to be deep or should be taken seriously.

But I really really doubt that was the intent with Irenicus (that could have been the intent with Melissan however, but the execution was poor).

Darth Malak? A good cartoonish villain. Fits the setting to a T, does menacing things and is even connected to the protagonist directly.