Maoism in the Third World Today

lord of flies

Yay! War among the people! Let's let a mob decide who lives and dies!

"It wasn't lies. It was just... bull****"."

-Elwood Blues

tarna's dead; processing... complete. Disappointed by Universe. RIP Hades/Sand/etc. Here's hoping your next alt has a harp.

Yay! War among the people! Let's let a mob decide who lives and dies!
The People's War in Nepal overthrew a backwards reactionary absolute monarchy which massacred its own people in a counter-insurgency "strategy" ripped right out of Chiang Kai-Shek's playbook, randomly arrested homosexuals, and maintained an untouchable caste which had to drink out of the river. It replaced it with a modern democratic state that is moving forward on a progressive course much faster than many first world states.

Seems like it worked out alright to me.

itt white first worldists don't realize that Maoism is a (highly effective) revolutionary strategy and that modern Maoists don't suck off Mao about the Cultural Revolution and the Great Leap Forward any more than capitalists suck off George Washington about lynching Tories.

And will you be joining them in their struggle or will you be providing comfortable support from behind your latte, as usual?

-Elwood Blues

tarna's dead; processing... complete. Disappointed by Universe. RIP Hades/Sand/etc. Here's hoping your next alt has a harp.

When we will have Maoistic revolutions in countries like Australia, New Zeeland, Japan, South Korea, USA, Canada, France, Britain, Germany, Sweden, Norway, Denmark, Finland, Iceland, Italy, Spain, Portugal, Belgium, The Netherlands, Poland, Hungary, Austria, Croatia, Serbia, Switzerland, Lichenstein, Luxembourg, Monaco and Faroe islands, then we might have a talk.

"Some men see things as they are and say why?"
"I dream things that never were and say why not?"
- George Bernard Shaw

"Hope in reality is the worst of all evils because it prolongs the torments of man."
- Friedrich Nietzsche

"The amount of energy necessary to refute bull**** is an order of magnitude bigger than to produce it."

- Some guy 

When we will have Maoistic revolutions in countries like Australia, New Zeeland, Japan, South Korea, USA, Canada, France, Britain, Germany, Sweden, Norway, Denmark, Finland, Iceland, Italy, Spain, Portugal, Belgium, The Netherlands, Poland, Hungary, Austria, Croatia, Serbia, Switzerland, Lichenstein, Luxembourg, Monaco and Faroe islands, then we might have a talk.

I wish this board had a reputation system, because I'd rep this post up.

Wait, I can't see Greece on that list!

:lol:

"Well, overkill is my middle name. And my last name. And all of my other names as well!"

It's like ever time LoF makes a thread everyone instantly forgets all his previous 87094 trolling threads and the the discussion goes down the same old drain it always does.

LoF, you are truly a most successful troll. Props!

It's like ever time LoF makes a thread everyone instantly forgets all his previous 87094 trolling threads and the the discussion goes down the same old drain it always does.

Sorry. It's just that trolling as you describe would be so apocalyptically sad and lonely that it's hard to imagine anyone getting kicks from doing it.

-Elwood Blues

Wait, I can't see Greece on that list!

How did i ever happen to forget Greece? Strange....:p

"Some men see things as they are and say why?"
"I dream things that never were and say why not?"
- George Bernard Shaw

"Hope in reality is the worst of all evils because it prolongs the torments of man."
- Friedrich Nietzsche

"The amount of energy necessary to refute bull**** is an order of magnitude bigger than to produce it."

- Some guy 

"Individual rights are not subject to a public vote; a majority has no right to vote away the rights of a minority."

Also, Mao was (I've said this numerous times before) one of the largest mass-murderers in history. He puts Hitler and Stalin to shame. People supporting this is not a good thing.

In 7th grade, I teach the students how Chuck Norris took down the Roman Empire, so it is good that you are starting early on this curriculum.

R.I.P. KOTOR 2003-2008 KILLED BY THOSE GREEDY MONEY-HOARDING ************* AND THEIR *****-*** MMOS

Sorry. It's just that trolling as you describe would be so apocalyptically sad and lonely that it's hard to imagine anyone getting kicks from doing it.

This is the internet, dude!

"Individual rights are not subject to a public vote; a majority has no right to vote away the rights of a minority."

Also, Mao was (I've said this numerous times before) one of the largest mass-murderers in history. He puts Hitler and Stalin to shame. People supporting this is not a good thing.

Indeed.

Indeed. I love how we're always supposed to forget how LoF is fully up for murdering millions to achieve his 'utopia'. It's like being required to forget a casual acquaintance has the ebola virus.

-Elwood Blues

Maoism is a revolutionary strategy appropriate for a country which still has a peasantry. Obviously it's not going to occur in the first world and your pointing this out is ridiculous. In the first world a successful revolution will almost certainly look more like Mai 68, the post-Kent State movement in the USA, etc.
Do you have an actual argument against Prachanda and the CPN(M) or are you just rolling around in your own filth?

Yes, I have an argument against them. They are killing people and see killing people as the route to achieving progress. They deter investment in the region - sometimes deliberately. they don't want people's lives to be better. They just see the people as a means to achieving power. They are no better than the bastards oppressing the peasants already.

I have no intention of referencing this. I am content to let people look it up for themselves.

More importantly the end game for the movement will be mass slaughter of 'class enemies' including no doubt a few million middle class and intellectuals.

-Elwood Blues

Yes, I have an argument against them. They are killing people and see killing people as the route to achieving progress. They deter investment in the region - sometimes deliberately. they don't want people's lives to be better. They just see the people as a means to achieving power. They are no better than the bastards oppressing the peasants already.

I have no intention of referencing this. I am content to let people look it up for themselves.

More importantly the end game for the movement will be mass slaughter of 'class enemies' including no doubt a few million middle class and intellectuals.

The Maoist People's War was yet another attempt by the people of Nepal to achieve democracy, and the first one to truly and unhesitatingly work. The Maoists want representation in the new government which they helped to build. They lawfully gained a huge number of votes and have nearly a majority all on their own; international election monitors don't deny that they gained this without the use of force.

You have no intention of referencing what you've mentioned because it exists solely in your mind.

~There are a lot better ways to achieve personal power than communism~

I will look up the Nepalese point at the weekend. Perhaps one of us or both of us is a fantasist. However, unlike you I have put myself physically into my fantasies with the intention of helping people on numerous occasions, whereas you appear to be nothing more than a Walter Mitty. I ask you again, and there's no need to reference this: what do you claim to have done to actually meet and assist any of these people who need freedom? Which countries have you visited? However briefly?

The Maoist People's War was yet another attempt by the people of Nepal to achieve democracy, and the first one to truly and unhesitatingly work. The Maoists want representation in the new government which they helped to build. They lawfully gained a huge number of votes and have nearly a majority all on their own; international election monitors don't deny that they gained this without the use of force.

You have no intention of referencing what you've mentioned because it exists solely in your mind.

~There are a lot better ways to achieve personal power than communism~

-Elwood Blues

The argument against them, LoF, is that they're murderers. Their political ideology is based on murder. Their attempts to seize power are based on murder. What don't you understand there?

In 7th grade, I teach the students how Chuck Norris took down the Roman Empire, so it is good that you are starting early on this curriculum.

R.I.P. KOTOR 2003-2008 KILLED BY THOSE GREEDY MONEY-HOARDING ************* AND THEIR *****-*** MMOS

Sheesh, if straw man ideology based baseless argumentation were an Olympic sport it'd be USA gold and silver.

Nepal was effectively a feudal monarchy which its last king tried to turn into an absolute monarchy following some rather tragic events that wiped much of the royal family out, and who used some truly brutal tactics to try and enforce his rule. While the maoists are not particularly 'nice' King Gundrawhatsisname certainly wasn't 'nice' either and the political system in Nepal was better suited to 16th century England than 21st century anywhere. Feel free to waaah as much as you like about the label Maoist but they have done far more to democratise Nepal than anyone else has done. I guess democracy is only a good thing when the 'right' people get elected though.

I guess democracy is only a good thing when the 'right' people get elected though.
Well, that's kind of the point. If those elected have in their agenda the abolition of democracy and the outlawing of all parties...

I don't know much about Nepalese politics other than there's like 5 different "Communist Party"-s, so that may or may not be one of their goals.

Also, lof's attempt to appropriate the transition to democracy in Nepal for the CPN(M) doesn't look particularly fair and balanced.

- When he is best, he is a little worse than a man, and when he is worst, he is little better than a beast.