Would it be accurate to say that this game is like Mass Effect...

Haha fair enough.

I know this place is relatively "anti-BioWare" but hey, some of us like Obsidian games too!

Actually you read a lot of positive comments on Bioware's games compared to other 'hardcore' RPG forums, and it seems that the crowd is very fair-minded here, with the occasional 'banal, boring, ****' comment overexaggeration.

The only comments against Bioware fans I've seen it's for the excessive focus on romances of the community.

Haha fair enough.

I know this place is relatively "anti-BioWare" but hey, some of us like Obsidian games too!

Actually you read a lot of positive comments on Bioware's games compared to other 'hardcore' RPG forums, and it seems that the crowd is very fair-minded here, with the occasional 'banal, boring, ****' comment overexaggeration.

The only comments against Bioware fans I've seen it's for the excessive focus on romances of the community.

Well, that and it's turned into a general forum in-joke to poke fun at the bioware threads and Uber-Fans ... :brows:

"Cuius testiculos habeas, habeas cardia et cerebellum."

The one thing I like about the wheel, and it seems like AP is doing something similar, is that it lent some consistency to the motivation behind your comments (compared to other One-word/Paraphrase dialogue systems. Going as far back as Ultimas, or the ****ty wiki systems of Wizardry or Bethesda games).

So if you wanted to be "nice" it was upper right, "direct" it was right, and abrasive was lower right. Room for improvement needed for sure, but it sounds like AP is going to help us make decisions without needing too much thought with somewhat standardized themes for each response. I.E. X is "Suave" Y is "Aggressive" and B is "Professional, while A is "End conversation in some way."

Hopefully the flow is better than ME's implementation, though one previewer mentioned that Mike can seem a bit schizophrenic if you bounce around between stances a lot. This makes sense because I imagine there is some overlap to conversations, and a variety of different ways to get to a particular point of a dialogue tree, and that every dialogue node doesn't represent a completely new and unique branch down a tree.

Let's move on, no need to go on and on and on and on about who likes or doesn't like Bio...

though one previewer mentioned that Mike can seem a bit schizophrenic if you bounce around between stances a lot.

You'd seem schizophrenic in real life if you bounced around stances randomly each time you opened your mouth, so it's an artificial critique, I think.

I don't think it's an unfair critique necessarily.

It's a limitation of the medium though (video game), in that how you respond doesn't necessarily reflect what was said because you might be able to get there from different ways.

Though the conversation system of AP is supposed to be better than most (hopefully all) in that regard.

Honestly, I'd be a little suprised if Mike didn't start to sound wierd if the player was constantly jumping between... cool calculating professional, a smooth charming womaniser and ruthless killer modes. It would mean that the writers didn't do their job putting some character in each choice.

Of course, that can lead to some odd outcomes when the player jumps around, but still I'd say it's better than all 3 options being so dull and similar that they're perfectly interchangible.

cool calculating professional, a smooth charming womaniser and ruthless killer modes. It would mean that the writers didn't do their job putting some character in each choice

Or that they went above and beyond the call of duty and let every dialogue response be unique and appropriately flow depending on your response.

The branching factor would be immense, however.