NHL

Gorth

It's so fun to laugh at Leafs fans around town here, even more so when they say they're true fans (rather than cows to be milked). :)

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

I do. Not do the Oilers suck (lol, losing to middle of the road Rangers, lol) they're also a bunch of crybabies. Waa.. Avery punched a guy who tried to start a fight with him after a clean fight. And, no, it wasn't a real sucker punch. Want to see a real sucker punch? Go watch Ulf Samuelsson against Tie Domi from 10-15 years ago. NOW, that's a real sucker puncher. The Oiler player had challenged Avery to a fight and never took his eyes off him when Avery threw the punch at him. *shrug*

GO AVERY GO!

P.S. Then again, I'm a firm believer that punches shouldn't be thrown at all in a professioanl sport that isn't boxing or some sort of other fighting oriented sport. It should be banned outright as it adds nothing of substance to the game as fighting NEVER decides championships.

DWARVES IN PROJECT ETERNITY = VOLOURN HAS PLEDGED $250.

Clowny Avery is a clown. Waited for the guy to think he wasn't going to fight because he was probably afraid to fight Smid.

Smid: 6'3 225

Avery: 5'10 195

ittybitty avery would have gotten the crap kicked out of him if he had dropped the gloves when he was challenged, but I guess winning with a cheap shot is just as good

It was nice to watch the Sharks take the Kings down a notch last night. I'm not terribly into the season yet, I'm still a bit pooped from the exciting Giants run in Baseball and our Basketball team the Warriors are a more engaging early season story. I'm sure I'll get into it when we get closer to the halfway mark.

The problem is there is nothing exciting about my Sharks right now. They are a very talented team and they are going to win a lot of games, but it is rather ho hum. I need a surprise performance or something to get me watching every minute like I usually am.

"Smid: 6'3 225

Avery: 5'10 195

ittybitty avery would have gotten the crap kicked out of him if he had dropped the gloves when he was challenged, but I guess winning with a cheap shot is just as good "

1. You think it's classsy for a much bigger guy to figfht someone smaller than him? I sure don't. I'm gonan go start a fight with the next dwarf (real dwarf not D&D dwarf) I see to prove how tough and classy i am.

2. That was no cheap shot unless you redefine cheap shot. Smid was looking right at Avery when Avery punched him.

3. Avery has fought guys just as big a Smid and held his own.Avery, to clue you in, is one of the most successful fighters in the NHL.

4. OPilers lost 8-2 to the loser Rangers. They should be nmore worried about imrpoving their hockey play instead of gooning it up like Smid and co tried to do.. then whine like crybabies when they were outgooned and punked.

Oh, btw, Oilers lost 8-2. Oilers = perhaps the most worthless and classless organization in the NHL this side of Toronto, Dallas, and San Jose.

R00fles!

Edited by Volourn

1. You think it's classsy for a much bigger guy to figfht someone smaller than him? I sure don't. I'm gonan go start a fight with the next dwarf (real dwarf not D&D dwarf) I see to prove how tough and classy i am.

never said anything about class, but nice try. avery is also known as being one of the least classy players in the league. racial slurs, hitting goalies in the head with his stick...i could go on and on. so it's pretty dumb of you to bring in "class" when talking about avery *shrug*

2. That was no cheap shot unless you redefine cheap shot. Smid was looking right at Avery when Avery punched him.

avery seemingly decline the fight and then waited for smid to be skating sideways, with his hands down to jump in and punch him. it was cheap, and he took a shot. guess that makes it a cheap-shot, right? lol

3. Avery has fought guys just as big a Smid and held his own.Avery, to clue you in, is one of the most successful fighters in the NHL.

he obviously thought he couldnt hold his own this time :), cause he had to cheapshot him

4. OPilers lost 8-2 to the loser Rangers. They should be nmore worried about imrpoving their hockey play instead of gooning it up like Smid and co tried to do.. then whine like crybabies when they were outgooned and punked.

Rest in peace, coach. Will never forget the awesome '93 playoff run.

I took this job because I thought you were just a legend. Just a story. A story to scare little kids. But you're the real deal. The demon who dares to challenge God.

So what the hell do you want? Don't seem to me like you're out to make this stinkin' world a better place. Why you gotta kill all my men? Why you gotta kill me?

Nothing personal. It's just revenge.

• 3 weeks later...

Yeah, Tampa was pretty choked about that goal after the game.

Me personally, I'm just happy the Oilers pulled off a win after being doubled in shots by the Lightning.

I still bet Omark either gets sent down again, or becomes a healthy scratch due to shoddy defensive play.

But offensively, the kids an ace!

bnwdancer9ma7pk.gif

Jaguars4ever is still alive.  No word of a lie.

Bah, defence. Pair him with a defensive centre and let him be creative. That's where he excels.

And yes, this kid has almost too much balls.

Swedes, go to: Spel2, for the latest game reviews in swedish!

I just have to say I'm getting sick and tired of so called 'veterans' whining about so and so young player because they do something, are too ****y, or some other nonsense. Seriously, it sounds like sour grapes when they cry about respect after getting beat by a young gun.

The rookies owe you crap. They owe to play the best they can. The best oplayers should not have t hold back because old farts cry about the new kid on the block.

Seriosuly, get over yourselves.

I have no idea what Volourn is talking about.

Most recently, Tampa got all ticked off after Linus Omark's shootout goal a few days ago (mkreku posted a video 5 posts back). Also comments from Richards about PK Subban a few weeks ago.

Edited by Deraldin

"I have no idea what Volourn is talking about."

What's a non hockey fan doing in a hockey thread? A simple reading of the NHL homepage would get you plenty of reads on this issue.

... Deraldin wins ...

What's a non hockey fan doing in a hockey thread? A simple reading of the NHL homepage would get you plenty of reads on this issue.

... Deraldin wins ...

I apologize for not interpreting your rant correctly. I hope the hockey gods will forgive my transgression.

... Deraldin wins ...

I apologize for not interpreting your rant correctly. I hope the hockey gods will forgive my transgression.

YOU ARE NOT A HOCKEY FAN, POSER. ahahaha these Volocomments are getting more and more funny over the years.

devils still suck. I don't know how the coach hasn't been fired yet, but I guess he can't be blamed for everything. Letting Paul Martin go to the Pens was the biggest mistake the organizations made. Kovy is in a slump, and Parise is still out with that knee-injury. Goodbye consecutive playoff appearance :sorcerer: