What are you playing now?

Gorth

metal gear solid 4

little big planet

yeah i finally caved and bought a ps3. **** sony and their dirtbag **** bull**** no backwards compatibility **** machine

i am looking forward to playing call of pripyat once the price drops a little more, the first Stalker was awesome

Edited by entrerix

Killing is kind of like playin' a basketball game. I am there. and the other player is there. and it's just the two of us. and I put the other player's body in my van. and I am the winner. - Nice Pete.

i dont need wipeout (not a fan of the original, so shiny graphics dont sell me on this one - perfect dark hd on the other hand i WILL have)

but i plan on getting uncharteds, flower, shatter, pixeljunk, and of course: demons souls (which is half the reason i caved)

Killing is kind of like playin' a basketball game. I am there. and the other player is there. and it's just the two of us. and I put the other player's body in my van. and I am the winner. - Nice Pete.

i love horror games i will check that out. (oh and i intend to get heavy rain once it hits the bargain bin)

metal gear solid 4 so far seems like its going to finally wrap up some of the insane storyline from MGS1 and 2.

i just wish wish wish wish there were more games in the 70's where you get to finish big boss' origin.

MGS1 is still my favorite, but 3 was so goddamn awesome, i just wish 3 had been titled origin or something and they made at least one sequel to it bridging the gap between the end of 3 and the beginning of the original metal gear

Edited by entrerix

im a HUGE metal gear solid fan, i've played MGS 1, 2 and 3 probably about 6-8 times each. and even I can say "yes, that joke is close enough to reality its not actually offensive" :p

Call of Pripyat. The game oozes atmosphere. Loving it so far.

I decided to pick up the original Stalker game off Steam. I'm still downloading it, but I always meant to play it and never got around to it.

There's a couple mods you might want to try, particularly Oblivion Lost as that restores lost content. :p

"Geez. It's like we lost some sort of bet and ended up saddled with a bunch of terrible new posters on this forum."

-Hurlshot

Call of Pripyat. The game oozes atmosphere. Loving it so far.

I decided to pick up the original Stalker game off Steam. I'm still downloading it, but I always meant to play it and never got around to it.

I never played much of the original, this is technically my first Stalker game. Its got flaws, but its unique. First sandbox shooter that works IMO. It can be scary as hell until you get to know the zone. Getting stuck in some god forsaken place in the map because you weren't watching the clock leaves you having to go back to a safe house with a tiny lamp in pitch black darkness, while all sorts of things are howling in the night.

And the Bloodsuckers... jesus.

When you aren't crapping your pants, there are the disturbingly beautiful surroundings of the Zone, so - I recommend it. :ermm:

Basically its more Fallout in atmosphere then Fallout 3, in some ways even superior to Fallout itself because of its extreme realism.

i am looking forward to playing call of pripyat once the price drops a little more, the first Stalker was awesome

Havent played the first one but I can tell you this one's badass.

Edited by RPGmasterBoo

logosig2.jpg

Imperium Thought for the Day: Even a man who has nothing can still offer his life

They screwed up the Bloodsuckers in Clear Sky, and presumably still in Call of Pripyat.

In what way?

Notice how I can belittle your beliefs without calling you names. It's a useful skill to have particularly where you aren't allowed to call people names. It's a mistake to get too drawn in/worked up. I mean it's not life or death, it's just two guys posting their thoughts on a message board. If it were personal or face to face all the usual restraints would be in place, and we would never have reached this place in the first place. Try to remember that.

They made them invincible when invisible.

heh. I played SOC and Clear Sky until my head exploded and I never even noticed that.

Notice how I can belittle your beliefs without calling you names. It's a useful skill to have particularly where you aren't allowed to call people names. It's a mistake to get too drawn in/worked up. I mean it's not life or death, it's just two guys posting their thoughts on a message board. If it were personal or face to face all the usual restraints would be in place, and we would never have reached this place in the first place. Try to remember that.

Well, it's true and really annoyed me in Clear Sky, maybe they changed it back in CoP.

The whole shooting thing feels really weird in Stalker, actually. People or creatures don't really react to being shot(as in flinching) and everything take a ton of bullets to die.

Edited by Purkake

If you have either of the first two S.T.A.L.K.E.R. games on Steam you can pick up CoP for $19.99. :ermm:

"Geez. It's like we lost some sort of bet and ended up saddled with a bunch of terrible new posters on this forum."

-Hurlshot

Hmm, I guess Call of Pripyat changed a lot of things then. I remember running out of ammo fighting some of the power-armored dudes back in SoC.

I hear it's really short, though.

Well it doesn't feel short because of all the exploring there is to do... Dunno. Something like 25-30 hours to see everything. Its all unique content so it had to be small.

Yeah, enemies with exoskeletons are tough, (just as much as you are with an exo on since its got a huge armor rating). There are only a handful in the first two areas though, and a shotgun at close range will kill em easily, or a headshot at long ranges. I've yet to see Pripyat.

Anyway the animations aren't all that great but the ballistic model for the guns is. It ain't arcade shooting like in CoD, bullets have a trajectory and you have to aim carefully. Especially with the crappier guns.

Edited by RPGmasterBoo

logosig2.jpg

Imperium Thought for the Day: Even a man who has nothing can still offer his life

Well I bought the best assault rifle, and upgraded it. It shoots flat at a hundred meters, easy headshots. I've yet to try a sniper.

There is one flaw with the combat, monsters dont do much damage and are consequently less frightening. It would have been better to make them more vulnerable to guns and increase their attack damage.

I like that this is one of the few games that a shotgun is damn useful. Since most creatures engage in melee - surprising you by running out of tall grass, there's a real incentive to keep a shotgun handy. And an assault rifle for people. And a pistol when youre scouting anomalies and have only one hand free. And a sniper because you dont really want to fight some of the enemies up close. And tons of grenades.

Lol.

But there is a cool purpose to each weapon, not much obsolete stuff.

Edited by RPGmasterBoo

logosig2.jpg