Metro 2033

Starwars

Reading the article Hell Kitty makes me a lot less interested in the game. ANother linear FPS. WIth monsters.

Oh well.

Notice how I can belittle your beliefs without calling you names. It's a useful skill to have particularly where you aren't allowed to call people names. It's a mistake to get too drawn in/worked up. I mean it's not life or death, it's just two guys posting their thoughts on a message board. If it were personal or face to face all the usual restraints would be in place, and we would never have reached this place in the first place. Try to remember that.

• 2 weeks later...
It's only 7 hour long,

A game that short has to be brilliant to be worth more than a handful of change and some pocket lint.

Linear monster mashes don't cut it.

Notice how I can belittle your beliefs without calling you names. It's a useful skill to have particularly where you aren't allowed to call people names. It's a mistake to get too drawn in/worked up. I mean it's not life or death, it's just two guys posting their thoughts on a message board. If it were personal or face to face all the usual restraints would be in place, and we would never have reached this place in the first place. Try to remember that.

Yeah, shame about the length, I was really interested. Now though, I don't want to fork over the dough for a full price game which offers only 7-12 hours of entertainment, too little content for a student's frail budget.

kirottu said:
I was raised by polar bears. I had to fight against blood thirsty wolves and rabid penguins to get my food. Those who were too weak to survive were sent to Sweden.

It has made me the man I am today. A man who craves furry hentai.

So let us go and embrace the rustling smells of unseen worlds

• 3 weeks later...

You don't just "blow stuff up", this isn't GTA.

Instead you methodically dismantle structures by destroying support beams and other structurally important points. Then you marvel at your work as the building slowly collapses under it's own weight. Also, explosives aren't nearly as fun as the sledgehammer or the nano rifle.

I guess you're also allergic to fun.

Dismantling stuff and watching it fall apart is something common to all humans, you soulless automaton.

It's better with a real hammer.

And a panda.

"It wasn't lies. It was just... bull****"."

-Elwood Blues

tarna's dead; processing... complete. Disappointed by Universe. RIP Hades/Sand/etc. Here's hoping your next alt has a harp.

Atmospheric and flawed? Sounds like STALKER.

Those Russian developers should try to mix it up a bit :p

Except STALKER wasn't actually flawed. Buggy, yes, but the gameplay and level design is pretty solid.

Clear Sky was a bit flawed with its malfuncting Faction Wars though.

Flawed and buggy are pretty much the same in my book,

If buggy=flawed then all games are flawed and it has nothing to do with being made by a Russian or any other developer.

but STALKER had a ton of non-bug related gameplay flaws as well that they are still in the process of fixing with Clear Sky and Call of Pripyat.

No game works perfectly, but STALKER is no worse than any other.