So the main conflict in AP would be Left and Right?

Well... I can see many people here got their views of communism from Red Alert series, sigh...

Who would you rather see at the head of the USSR following Lenin's demise: Trotsky or Bukharin?

Jack Sparrow.

Maybe not.

Trotsky: the last bastion of democracy in a sea of authoritarianism, or the would-be Napoleon of the Russian Revolution?

Yes.

You do realize that calling Trotsky the "would-be Napoleon of the Russian Revolution" is more-or-less openly admitting you're a Stalinist, right?

Trotsky: the last bastion of democracy in a sea of authoritarianism, or the would-be Napoleon of the Russian Revolution?

Yes.

You do realize that calling Trotsky the "would-be Napoleon of the Russian Revolution" is more-or-less openly admitting you're a Stalinist, right?

Which part of my post was unclear?

Well... I can see many people here got their views of communism from Red Alert series, sigh...

Who would you rather see at the head of the USSR following Lenin's demise: Trotsky or Bukharin?

Well, I used to debate a lot with Trotskist, I think the main problem of them is they blame everything and do nothing, they are the "left wing of the left wing".

But for your question, if there are only two options, Trotsky is my only choice, Bukharin's way would eventually lead to capitalism, he compromise too much.

Edited by Icerus

I don't want to set the world on fire...

Although I fear to say anything because I think it'll be a simplification, I would say that the major theme of AP would be one of loyalty. Loyalty to country, to a person, to a cause. Different people feel loyal to different things, or don't feel loyal to anything, or are loyal to something or someone that betrays them. How do you deal with that? You'll find that the characters of AP have very different reactions to betrayal, and have very different conceptions of loyalty. And how those reactions play out will impact the storyline as you discover it.

Matthew Rorie

Although I fear to say anything because I think it'll be a simplification, I would say that the major theme of AP would be one of loyalty. Loyalty to country, to a person, to a cause. Different people feel loyal to different things, or don't feel loyal to anything, or are loyal to something or someone that betrays them. How do you deal with that? You'll find that the characters of AP have very different reactions to betrayal, and have very different conceptions of loyalty. And how those reactions play out will impact the storyline as you discover it.

Sounds fun! If you guys work this theme well, it could make up for any shortcomings in the game. ;(

Sounds interesting...

The conflict of loyalty and who you owe it to is always a fine and interesting one...

To go with the classic quotes :

"I could not love you so if I did not love honour more"

or

"If it comes down to betraying a friend, or betraying my country, I hope I have the courage to betray my country".

It's always such a personal point of view...

"Cuius testiculos habeas, habeas cardia et cerebellum."

Sounds interesting...

The conflict of loyalty and who you owe it to is always a fine and interesting one...

or

"If it comes down to betraying a friend, or betraying my country, I hope I have the courage to betray my country".

Based on what Rorie said, it also allows for a very complex mix of ideas and ideologies to manifest themselves in the game, as he specifically mentioned "loyalty to a cause". Hopefully the game's treatment of such social commentary is as deep as Torment's treatment of certain aspects of philosophy.

So it's unlikely the game will be a black and white lovefest like Bioware's games are.

Edited by Krezack

Sounds interesting...

The conflict of loyalty and to whom you owe it is always a fine and interesting one...

or

Fixed.

Edited by Oblarg

"The universe is a yawning chasm, filled with emptiness and the puerile meanderings of sentience..." - Ulyaoth

"It is all that is left unsaid upon which tragedies are built." - Kreia

"I thought this forum was for Speculation & Discussion, not Speculation & Calling People Trolls." - lord of flies

I assume I can be loyal to the worldwide revolution, yes? Otherwise, comrade Rorie, I may not end up purchasing this game.

Thanks for the information, I am even more looking forward to the game now.

To lof:

Come on, it's a game

Edited by Icerus

I don't want to set the world on fire...

I assume I can be loyal to the worldwide revolution, yes? Otherwise, comrade Rorie, I may not end up purchasing this game.

I am America, and so can you!

You should not buy it at all comrade. Since it's just going to feed the industrialist machine that is the video game industry. Contribute to the revolution and stay bored. :-

I'd say the answer to that question is kind of like the answer to "who's the sucker in this poker game?"*

*If you can't tell, it's you. ;)

village_idiot.gif

You should not buy it at all comrade. Since it's just going to feed the capitalist machine that is the video game industry. Contribute to the revolution and stay bored. :-

I have corrected your sentence.

Edited by Krezack