Halo 3: ODST

Blank

There aren't any additions to multiplayer other than Firefight, and that's not worth 60$.

"Alright, I've been thinking. When life gives you lemons, don't make lemonade - make life take the lemons back! Get mad! I don't want your damn lemons, what am I supposed to do with these? Demand to see life's manager. Make life rue the day it thought it could give Cave Johnson lemons. Do you know who I am? I'm the man who's gonna burn your house down! With the lemons. I'm going to to get my engineers to invent a combustible lemon that burns your house down!"

I'm not a large fan. In fact, I think its absolute crap. It goes on record as one of the worst games I've ever had the immense displeasure of playing, This may be because I have no friends and only play solo campaign, or it may because I like innovation in my games, not just the same recycled missions and scenarios repeated ad nauseam. I never thought I'd see a Halo game in which you spend about as much time not killing crap as actually doing the killing, although that might be de to my being directionally challenged. The bloody Reach beta better be good.

In 7th grade, I teach the students how Chuck Norris took down the Roman Empire, so it is good that you are starting early on this curriculum.

R.I.P. KOTOR 2003-2008 KILLED BY THOSE GREEDY MONEY-HOARDING ************* AND THEIR *****-*** MMOS

Tribes Vengeance comes to mind. It has a fine, if a bit convoluted plot and the twists and turns, effectively the various levels, are presented unchronically, which can be good or bad, depending on what kind of a gamer you are. Some folks apparently got a bit lost on the story.

kirottu said:
I was raised by polar bears. I had to fight against blood thirsty wolves and rabid penguins to get my food. Those who were too weak to survive were sent to Sweden.

It has made me the man I am today. A man who craves furry hentai.

So let us go and embrace the rustling smells of unseen worlds

Well yes, quasi-fps' tend to concentrate more on writing and plot, maybe because the cross-genre features, usually from rpgs, often include more reading(item descriptions, pdfs, etc), but the list of fps' with actual writing is really short if we don't include them.

Another one just came to mind: Doom 3.

Edited by Musopticon?
kirottu said:
I was raised by polar bears. I had to fight against blood thirsty wolves and rabid penguins to get my food. Those who were too weak to survive were sent to Sweden.

It has made me the man I am today. A man who craves furry hentai.

So let us go and embrace the rustling smells of unseen worlds

It's all relative, but the writing in the game is light-years beyond what Halo 1-3 had. Which isn't really saying anything at all, though.

The main protag doesn't talk, but unlike HL2, it doesn't have every single NPC constantly talking to you as though you were some dumb mute.

Edited by Llyranor

Hadescopy.jpg

(Approved by Fio, so feel free to use it)

campaign in Halo is what is should be, mindless action with a lot of explosions, cheesy dialogue, more explosions. anyone who picks up a Halo game for the story deserves to be disappointed, it's a generic FPS, it's just that Bungie has done it right every time. I played through the campaign solo the first time, and I'll probably go through it again on Legendary with a friend or two. there was no epic plot twist, or extremely well written characters, but there were a couple of "oh shi** that was awesome" moments and that's why the Halo games are fun. you pick it up, you kill some aliens, you drive some sweet vehicles, and all this is even more fun when done co-op.

Vehicle sections in Halo are just plain awesome. No other game does it as well, IMO. Especially with the brute chopper.

"Alright, I've been thinking. When life gives you lemons, don't make lemonade - make life take the lemons back! Get mad! I don't want your damn lemons, what am I supposed to do with these? Demand to see life's manager. Make life rue the day it thought it could give Cave Johnson lemons. Do you know who I am? I'm the man who's gonna burn your house down! With the lemons. I'm going to to get my engineers to invent a combustible lemon that burns your house down!"

The last (vehicular) section of ODST is my favorite level in the franchise, really. Great vehicular combat and awesome sense of urgency.

to be honest the last vehicle portions of all the Halo games have been absolutely awesome.

I agree as well. I thought bringing that back into Halo 3 for the end level was a superb choice after how much fun Halo 1's ending turned out to be. I've been enjoying ODST quite a bit. I think the firefight mode is pretty exciting, especially with 4 players together. I think the choices of maps are varied enough and make your options for MP different enough. I haven't even popped in the second disc full of maps to return to Halo 3 yet. Maybe try that next.