What makes you excited about the game?

Play an awesome fun game that will work without problems and be generally fun?

I've done that before as well, but the having fun part never seems to get old. Weird...

So basically guaranteed fun > potential fun. At least on the hype-o-meter.

Ok.

Diablo ceased to be fun for me a long time ago. Difference of opinion.

logosig2.jpg

Imperium Thought for the Day: Even a man who has nothing can still offer his life

Story only. Don't really like the gameplay, graphics or the music, so this is pretty much it.

"Alright, I've been thinking. When life gives you lemons, don't make lemonade - make life take the lemons back! Get mad! I don't want your damn lemons, what am I supposed to do with these? Demand to see life's manager. Make life rue the day it thought it could give Cave Johnson lemons. Do you know who I am? I'm the man who's gonna burn your house down! With the lemons. I'm going to to get my engineers to invent a combustible lemon that burns your house down!"

I was drawn to this game because of its unique Hollywood spy and RPG mixture. I feel that this combination has immense unapped potential, and I hope Obsidian succeeds in getting more developers and gamers interested in this new genre/art setting.

Opinions are the root of all evil.

I'm not excited either, but I'm not really excited for any game coming this fall.

Diablo III needs to come faster.

Youre excited about Diablo III?

Anyone who isn't is a fraud.

Then I'm a fraud as I'm not interested in that, nor am I interested in Starcraft II for that matter. :woot:

"Geez. It's like we lost some sort of bet and ended up saddled with a bunch of terrible new posters on this forum."

-Hurlshot

I'm not excited either, but I'm not really excited for any game coming this fall.

Diablo III needs to come faster.

Youre excited about Diablo III?

Anyone who isn't is a fraud.

Then I'm a fraud as I'm not interested in that, nor am I interested in Starcraft II for that matter. :woot:

+1

cylon_basestar_eye.gif

You guys just hate fun, don't you?

Maybe they just hate clicking?

Clickclickclickclickclickclickclickclickclickclickclickclickclickclickclickclick

click..

Swedes, go to: Spel2, for the latest game reviews in swedish!

I love the spy theme of AP. It is an under-used genre IMHO.

Actually, in annoys me how many fantasy RPGs there are. The same ole tired fantasy cliche of dragons and mages endlessly recycled. I could think of a more exciting premise for a game in 20 seconds .

Like with Dragon Age. I'm sure that game is going to be incredibly well-crafted, and the game's engine looks excellent, and I love Bioware -- but I just can not getting even the slightest bit interested in playing yet another fantasy RPG with elves and clerics etc etc etc

I'm really glad Obsidian chose to go spy thriller for this game, and there will be no dwarves, chicks in metal bikinis, or evil old mages in the game. SUCH a relief.

I love the spy theme of AP. It is an under-used genre IMHO.

Actually, in annoys me how many fantasy RPGs there are. The same ole tired fantasy cliche of dragons and mages endlessly recycled. I could think of a more exciting premise for a game in 20 seconds .

Like with Dragon Age. I'm sure that game is going to be incredibly well-crafted, and the game's engine looks excellent, and I love Bioware -- but I just can not getting even the slightest bit interested in playing yet another fantasy RPG with elves and clerics etc etc etc

I'm really glad Obsidian chose to go spy thriller for this game, and there will be no dwarves, chicks in metal bikinis, or evil old mages in the game. SUCH a relief.

I agree with the fantasy RPG part. The problem isn't really the fantasy part, though, it's the lack of innovation. You can pretty much do anything with the genre(Planescape, Arcanum), but everyone keeps going back to the worn out Tolkien stuff.

Edited by Purkake

You click in pretty much every game. That's the stupidest argument against Diablo ever, I don't know why people still use it.

A shooter? you click. An RPG? you click. An RTS? you click.

See the pattern?

Sure, you click in most games. You also click in browsers and applications. I even click to change the channel on my TV. Way to miss the point.

In Diablo/Sacred/Titan Quest, what do you mainly do? Fight. How do you fight? You click on an enemy. How many enemies are there? Hundreds of thousands. What does this equal? A ****load of clicking. See the pattern?

And you call my argument stupid. You think these games got this click reputation out of thin air? I don't. I've played them.

Who said I hate clicking? I don't. I even said I played all those games. I own all those games.

I just get bored when the main gameplay mechanic of a game is a ****load of clicking. I'll probably buy Diablo 3 anyhow, when the price is right.

You click in pretty much every game. That's the stupidest argument against Diablo ever, I don't know why people still use it.

A shooter? you click. An RPG? you click. An RTS? you click.

See the pattern?

Sure, you click in most games. You also click in browsers and applications. I even click to change the channel on my TV. Way to miss the point.

In Diablo/Sacred/Titan Quest, what do you mainly do? Fight. How do you fight? You click on an enemy. How many enemies are there? Hundreds of thousands. What does this equal? A ****load of clicking. See the pattern?

And you call my argument stupid. You think these games got this click reputation out of thin air? I don't. I've played them.

I know I said I left, but I must post again to keep this argument going.

RE4 PC port. THE MOUSE IS NEVER USED. Not even in the menus. Take that system.

salamando.gif

build a man a fire and he will be warm for a day, but set a man on fire and he'll be warm for the rest of his life.

I think that condemning a game because you click a a lot in it is stupid. If you really hate clicking maybe the game isn't for you, but hating clicking seems irrational.

Plus I think you can just hold the button down now.

Diablo II made it so if you held the mouse down, you attacked your current target. It was much worse in Diablo 1, but a non issue for Diablo II.

Besides, Diablo 3 has a spell bar and all. I'm not even sure you'll be clicking only.

"Alright, I've been thinking. When life gives you lemons, don't make lemonade - make life take the lemons back! Get mad! I don't want your damn lemons, what am I supposed to do with these? Demand to see life's manager. Make life rue the day it thought it could give Cave Johnson lemons. Do you know who I am? I'm the man who's gonna burn your house down! With the lemons. I'm going to to get my engineers to invent a combustible lemon that burns your house down!"