Blizzcon

Purkake

The Blizzcon opening ceremony starts in just 30 minutes.

Hopefully I'll this when as we get the news.

Here are some liveblogs: DIII.net, WoW.com, Kotaku and Eurogamer.

There is also an official livestream, but it costs like €30 to watch.

Apparently the fourth class is Monk and it will be replacing the Paladin.

Edited by Purkake

Apparently the fourth class is Monk and it will be replacing the Paladin.
Favorite class taken out vs cool looking monk. Not being able to see a cool paladin in Dio 3 graphics vs cool looking monk. Shield using enemies are invulnerable from the front vs primary shield using class taken out. I don't like this trade.

But the monk looks really cool.

I'm not sure where you guys are getting that the monk is the replacement for the palidan.

Maybe because the picture only shows four classes to choose from? Shaman (?), Warrior, Sorsoress, Monk.

Witch Doctor, Barbarian, Wizard and Monk. Needs one ranged class as well.

I'm not sure where you guys are getting that the monk is the replacement for the palidan.

Maybe because the picture only shows four classes to choose from? Shaman (?), Warrior, Sorsoress, Monk.

I'd be shocked if it had fewer than pre-expansion DII and that symmetrical arrangement suggests at least two more.

Monk class! Awesome!

I find it weird that they did it in-engine. Usually the cinematics are all done using CGI.

I think it's a cutscene, not a cinematic. I assume they wanted to show off the actual class, not pretty chr. CGI that wouldn't be in the actual game.

Edited by LadyCrimson
“Things are as they are. Looking out into the universe at night, we make no comparisons between right and wrong stars, nor between well and badly arranged constellations.” – Alan Watts

I'm not impressed by the monk trailer. Too Hollywood.

I'm rarely impressed by any game trailer...since they're usually nothing at all like actually clicking your way through the game. :*

But it is nice to see how the Monk will look (while moving) and using what I assume are some of his skillz.

One of those skillz I'd guess to be a magic protection shield of some kind, form the way he responded to all the fire bolts falling down towards him.

“Things are as they are. Looking out into the universe at night, we make no comparisons between right and wrong stars, nor between well and badly arranged constellations.” – Alan Watts

I'm going to take a wild guess the Monk has "prayer" powers of self-protection/melee enhancement, with less focus on them helping other players.