Batman: Arkham Asylum

alanschu

As long as Robin is not in it, I could enjoy it.

"Alright, I've been thinking. When life gives you lemons, don't make lemonade - make life take the lemons back! Get mad! I don't want your damn lemons, what am I supposed to do with these? Demand to see life's manager. Make life rue the day it thought it could give Cave Johnson lemons. Do you know who I am? I'm the man who's gonna burn your house down! With the lemons. I'm going to to get my engineers to invent a combustible lemon that burns your house down!"

BTW, Mark Hammil (spelling?) is voicing the Joker, which is something any Batman game should do.

"Alright, I've been thinking. When life gives you lemons, don't make lemonade - make life take the lemons back! Get mad! I don't want your damn lemons, what am I supposed to do with these? Demand to see life's manager. Make life rue the day it thought it could give Cave Johnson lemons. Do you know who I am? I'm the man who's gonna burn your house down! With the lemons. I'm going to to get my engineers to invent a combustible lemon that burns your house down!"

Yeah, the demo is awesome. Everything seems to be spot on from controls, atmosphere, music, voice acting. I think this will be a 1st day buy for me.

I've heard some people say that the combat is too easy, but hopefully that will be just for the grunts and other bosses and tougher goons will provide more of a challenge. But still this game makes you feel like Batman that's for sure.

I don't even care if the combat is easy. It's frickin' fun hahaha. It's just so fluid.

Very fun. Sometimes while I'm playing the demo I'll have Batman stand still and just viciously counterattack and goon stupid enough to throw a punch or kick. It seems like something Batman would do. I hope you can 'disappear' from boss characters as well. I think it would be really fun to run circles around combat oriented bosses like Bane and Killer Croc, getting the jump on them from the shadows.

I don't understand why you think its horrible.

You can quickly move from enemy to enemy by using the left analog stick. It is pretty intuitive and the system picks up really well which enemies you are trying to hit. I think its much better than a lock on system.

You can counterattack at a moments notice whether you're throwing a punch, kick or kneeling down to finish a downed opponent. This ensures that the combat stays fluid and you can link attack and defense accordingly.

The transition animations when counterattacking or moving from enemy to enemy are great and really makes Batman seem like the expert fighter that he is.

Its basically one button attack, another button counterattack system, simple, but I think it works really well.

Are you disappointed because there isn't a specialized moveset using different button combinations like Ninja Gaiden/DMC/God of War? I love me some Ninja Gaiden and God of War, but giving Batman a set of exaggerated moves would have detracted from the more realistic and gritty atmosphere of the game I think.

Are you disappointed because there isn't a specialized moveset using different button combinations like Ninja Gaiden/DMC/God of War? I love me some Ninja Gaiden and God of War, but giving Batman a set of exaggerated moves would have detracted from the more realistic and gritty atmosphere of the game I think.

I don't care much about realism if it gets in the way of having fun. A beat 'em up with only two attacks, passive enemies that want you to punch them, and zero variety in AI patterns isn't exactly my idea of fun. Fortunately, there's an alternative to direct confrontation.

20795.jpg

GameTrailers review

Very positive review, I might rent it.

Haha, kind of hard to say at this point, isn't it? :rolleyes:

well... that's the game informer review.

Victor of the 5 year fan fic competition!

Kevin Butler will awesome your face off.

Man. And I was sure this game was gonna be guff. Shows what I know.

well... it's finally bucking the trend. In general DC's licensed stuff for games has been utter horror (superman 64, aquaman battle for atlantis and superman returns to name a few). This seems like the first good game and hopefully they'll continue the trend

Victor of the 5 year fan fic competition!

Kevin Butler will awesome your face off.

Picked this up for 360. It's freaking fun as hell!

I love the Riddler's tests. Make each level a lot more fun than simply "run here and beat up baddies." Of course, I also love "running there and beating up baddies." Unlocking huge combos and special moves is good times too :D