Bioware/Bethesda appreciation thread

You never have complete control over your avatar in any computer game. You only have the control that the designers allow you to have.

You know what I meant.

I would like the wheel just as much as the standard dialog system, if it would give more information how shepard reacts.

The Asari rape scene anyone?

Basically it would be nice to be told in advanced if someone is going to rape me. Common courtesy.

cylon_basestar_eye.gif

Guest Slinky

Basically it would be nice to be told in advanced if someone is going to rape me. Common courtesy.

What!? Where? How? :)

What!? Where? How? :)

Asari consort. She gives you advice, my renegade Shepard replied 'that it' he get raped.

Edited by Bos_hybrid
cylon_basestar_eye.gif

No, it was supposed to look like Shep was disapointed with her "reward" and wanted more, so she had sex with him.

It's a terrible scene. You really can't know you're heading for a sex scene beforehand.

"Alright, I've been thinking. When life gives you lemons, don't make lemonade - make life take the lemons back! Get mad! I don't want your damn lemons, what am I supposed to do with these? Demand to see life's manager. Make life rue the day it thought it could give Cave Johnson lemons. Do you know who I am? I'm the man who's gonna burn your house down! With the lemons. I'm going to to get my engineers to invent a combustible lemon that burns your house down!"

That whole scene is very bizarre indeed.

When hearing about the "sex simulator" scandal, I was like "Is that it!?"

Though the scene at the end was done significantly better, and was probably the "ZOMG" scene FOX was concerned with.

No, it was supposed to look like Shep was disapointed with her "reward" and wanted more, so she had sex with him.

It's a terrible scene. You really can't know you're heading for a sex scene beforehand.

Maybe its just me, but it seemed pretty obvious listening to dialogue around the plaza, in the consort's offices, reading about the Asari on the information kiosks and reading in the menu encyclopedia what would happen if a PC expressed disappointment with the reward.

I cannot - yet I must. How do you calculate that? At what point on the graph do "must" and "cannot" meet? Yet I must - but I cannot! ~ Ro-Man

Maybe its just me, but it seemed pretty obvious listening to dialogue around the plaza, in the consort's offices, reading about the Asari on the information kiosks and reading in the menu encyclopedia what would happen if a PC expressed disappointment with the reward.

So you are saying he was asking for it?

So you are saying he was asking for it?

No, what I'm saying is that I felt that the game had given a lot of indicators that sex was a part of the consort's offices and that expressed dissatisfaction in a reward with the office would imply the Shep in question wanted some sexual satisfaction as way of reward.

I cannot - yet I must. How do you calculate that? At what point on the graph do "must" and "cannot" meet? Yet I must - but I cannot! ~ Ro-Man

There's a very distinct line between expressing dissatisfaction and being Volourned, though. Bioware crossed that line.

I dunno, to me the game was obvious - if you deny this reward you are asking for some sexxoring.

It would have been nice if you could have made a formal request of the compensation you wanted (it'd have been priceless just to see the ring options!) and had appropriate reactions BUT I don't think that the result that happened was in anyway a surprise.

Edited by Amentep

What happens if you have a female Shepherd? I don't remember anything.

Same thing.

Also, I'd like to mention the sex scene itself just looks plain bad. Very weird.

"Alright, I've been thinking. When life gives you lemons, don't make lemonade - make life take the lemons back! Get mad! I don't want your damn lemons, what am I supposed to do with these? Demand to see life's manager. Make life rue the day it thought it could give Cave Johnson lemons. Do you know who I am? I'm the man who's gonna burn your house down! With the lemons. I'm going to to get my engineers to invent a combustible lemon that burns your house down!"

What happens if you have a female Shepherd? I don't remember anything.

Same thing.

Also, I'd like to mention the sex scene itself just looks plain bad. Very weird.

In hindsight, a collar grabbing or pistol in the face would've been suitable there. All that running around & sucking up to a turian for a few measly credits.

Edited by virumor

The ending of the words is ALMSIVI.