MMOs

Purkake

No!

Also, my Dranei Paladin hit level 72 last night. I switched out my cobalt armor for spiked cobalt armor, thinking that the boost to crit and hit would be worth the drop in stamina. What was I thinking?! Even with the boost in armor, I am now squishier. I was tanking with a level 70 rogue, and as soon as I switched out, I started hemorrhaging. Even he noticed I was losing HP much faster.

At the same time, my DPS went up by 75.

the answer is simple maria, spiked cobalt doesn't have stamina on it, while the regular stuff does.

Victor of the 5 year fan fic competition!

Kevin Butler will awesome your face off.

Will it become THE console MMO?

Also, will the PC and PS3 players play together on the same server?

yes

On both accounts?

what you mean?

FFXI has servers shared for people having PS2, Xbox 360 and PC versions... They do even have one of the best communication methods, where you can from in-game menu easily communicate with people who do not speak same languages as you do... The system automaticaly translates it...

Sent from my Stone Tablet, using Chisel-a-Talk 2000BC.

My youtube channel: MamoulianFH
Latest Let's Play Tales of Arise (completed)
Latest Bossfight Compilation Dark Souls Remastered - New Game (completed)

Let's Play/AAR Europa Universalis 1: Austria Grand Campaign (completed)
Let's Play/AAR Europa Universalis 2: Xhosa Grand Campaign (completed)
My PS Platinums and 100% - 29 games so far (my PSN profile)

1) God of War III - PS3 - 24+ hours

2) Final Fantasy XIII - PS3 - 130+ hours

3) White Knight Chronicles International Edition - PS3 - 525+ hours

4) Hyperdimension Neptunia - PS3 - 80+ hours

5) Final Fantasy XIII-2 - PS3 - 200+ hours

6) Tales of Xillia - PS3 - 135+ hours

7) Hyperdimension Neptunia mk2 - PS3 - 152+ hours

8.) Grand Turismo 6 - PS3 - 81+ hours (including Senna Master DLC)

9) Demon's Souls - PS3 - 197+ hours

10) Tales of Graces f - PS3 - 337+ hours

11) Star Ocean: The Last Hope International - PS3 - 750+ hours

12) Lightning Returns: Final Fantasy XIII - PS3 - 127+ hours

13) Soulcalibur V - PS3 - 73+ hours

14) Gran Turismo 5 - PS3 - 600+ hours

15) Tales of Xillia 2 - PS3 - 302+ hours

16) Mortal Kombat XL - PS4 - 95+ hours

17) Project CARS Game of the Year Edition - PS4 - 120+ hours

18) Dark Souls - PS3 - 197+ hours

19) Hyperdimension Neptunia Victory - PS3 - 238+ hours

20) Final Fantasy Type-0 - PS4 - 58+ hours

21) Journey - PS4 - 9+ hours

22) Dark Souls II - PS3 - 210+ hours

23) Fairy Fencer F - PS3 - 215+ hours

24) Megadimension Neptunia VII - PS4 - 160 hours

25) Super Neptunia RPG - PS4 - 44+ hours

26) Journey - PS3 - 22+ hours

27) Final Fantasy XV - PS4 - 263+ hours (including all DLCs)

28) Tales of Arise - PS4 - 111+ hours

29) Dark Souls: Remastered - PS4 - 121+ hours

what you mean?

FFXI has servers shared for people having PS2, Xbox 360 and PC versions... They do even have one of the best communication methods, where you can from in-game menu easily communicate with people who do not speak same languages as you do... The system automaticaly translates it...

Well, I wasn't intimately familiar with the workings of FFXI.

How many people do you see playing FFIV? 2 million? 4 Million?

what you mean?

Well, I wasn't intimately familiar with the workings of FFXI.

How many people do you see playing FFIV? 2 million? 4 Million?

FFXI has steady subscriber numbers around 500,000... i bet SE has target to surpass these numbers... i dont think they do have such crazy plans like AoC and Warhammer had (being WoW killer) they are targeting specific audience and i bet they will turn into profit with few hundred thousand loyal customers... FFXIV will be totaly different MMO than any others i played so far (i did not played many so i bet more experienced MMO player would find similar games), it will be even totaly different game than FFXI (though still similar :p)... And what i love best, it will not be just copy of WoW... The closest MMO from what i have read will be SW:TOR or the SW: Galaxies before the patch which made 3/4 of all subscribers leave the game... The game will be focused more on SP experience (FFXI was mainly focused on group experience), but it will have enough content for group players. It will be very heavy story oriented game (unlike most of the MMOs, which offer only lore, but you dont feel as part of the story or even world)... The game will be skill based like EvE or Darkfall are atm (no levels)... More gameplay will be revealed soon...

here you have article about all info gathered up so far

http://finalfantasy.wikia.com/wiki/Final_Fantasy_XIV

All I can say now, this will be my only MMO choice for the next few years to come :)

I still don't know if i shall buy PC or PS3 version... but looking at my current gaming preferences i think i end up with PS3 version...

Edited by Mamoulian War

FFXI has steady subscriber numbers around 500,000... i bet SE has target to surpass these numbers... i dont think they do have such crazy plans like AoC and Warhammer had (being WoW killer) they are targeting specific audience and i bet they will turn into profit with few hundred thousand loyal customers... FFXIV will be totaly different MMO than any others i played so far (i did not played many so i bet more experienced MMO player would find similar games), it will be even totaly different game than FFXI (though still similar :p)... And what i love best, it will not be just copy of WoW... The closest MMO from what i have read will be SW:TOR or the SW: Galaxies before the patch which made 3/4 of all subscribers leave the game... The game will be focused more on SP experience (FFXI was mainly focused on group experience), but it will have enough content for group players. It will be very heavy story oriented game (unlike most of the MMOs, which offer only lore, but you dont feel as part of the story or even world)... The game will be skill based like EvE or Darkfall are atm (no levels)... More gameplay will be revealed soon...

All I can say now, this will be my only MMO choice for the next few years to come :)

I still don't know if i shall buy PC or PS3 version... but looking at my current gaming preferences i think i end up with PS3 version...

No love for the next Blizzard MMO?

How did they make FFXI work with a controller? Is the combat slower?

They have stated that it will be a new IP. A part of me want's to be cross at them for not making a Starcraft MMO. Then again they might still create a Science-Fiction based setting (Probably not a Space-Opera setting thou :p ) instead of a Fantasy setting so the Sci-Fi nerd in me is still hopeful.

Having played the game (WoW) up to 70 end game actively and 80 (on tryouts) I can say that WoW is currently a few years ahead of rest of the competition (Phasing, Story Lines, Settlements) and they are not really shy to steal from other MMOs too (Public Quests, Collectables, Daily Quests). I think that if they manage to continue where WoW finishes (in tech areas) with overhauled graphics and different style with their new MMO, they will have a very big advantage over others (they could also give incentives like %x discount to existing wow users and such to ensure that a big portion of wow playerbase goes onto the new mmo for trial at least.)

IG. We kick ass and not even take names.

How did they make FFXI work with a controller? Is the combat slower?

I pumped enough money into Blizzard already :) Time for change is at hand for me :)

The combat was very similar to FFXII, not the same but similar... I never played it with controler, but SE was always console company, so i would not think that combat at consoles sucked... I must confess that i did not liked FFXI PC controls a lot, but it might be because i spent 3 years doing WoW when i played FFXI for a while... And WoW had realy awesome UI modding capabilities (original WoW UI kinda sucked for me aswell :p)... never searched for FFXI UI mods though :p

No!

Also, my Dranei Paladin hit level 72 last night. I switched out my cobalt armor for spiked cobalt armor, thinking that the boost to crit and hit would be worth the drop in stamina. What was I thinking?! Even with the boost in armor, I am now squishier. I was tanking with a level 70 rogue, and as soon as I switched out, I started hemorrhaging. Even he noticed I was losing HP much faster.

the answer is simple maria, spiked cobalt doesn't have stamina on it, while the regular stuff does.

One, that's not an answer.

Two, I am aware that spiked cobalt doesn't have stamina. Hence my saying that 'I switched out my cobalt armor for spiked cobalt armor, thinking that the boost to crit and hit would be worth the drop in stamina. '

"When is this out. I can't wait to play it so I can talk at length about how bad it is." - Gorgon.

No!

One, that's not an answer.

Two, I am aware that spiked cobalt doesn't have stamina. Hence my saying that 'I switched out my cobalt armor for spiked cobalt armor, thinking that the boost to crit and hit would be worth the drop in stamina. '

well... in terms of survival stamina beats out any dps increase you get. Particularly with the amount of stamina you get in northrend.

well... in terms of survival stamina beats out any dps increase you get. Particularly with the amount of stamina you get in northrend.

The four most important stats for a ret paladin are hit > strength > expertise > crit. We

"When is this out. I can't wait to play it so I can talk at length about how bad it is." - Gorgon.

The four most important stats for a ret paladin are hit > strength > expertise > crit. We

They have stated that it will be a new IP. A part of me want's to be cross at them for not making a Starcraft MMO. Then again they might still create a Science-Fiction based setting (Probably not a Space-Opera setting thou :( ) instead of a Fantasy setting so the Sci-Fi nerd in me is still hopeful.

Considering they're making Diablo 3, and would be sick of making Warcraft games, and have only just gotten back into Starcraft games, I think there's good money on it being science fiction.

A part of me want's to be cross at them for not making a Starcraft MMO.

My magic mirror sees Jimmy raided by a group of lvl 60 14 year old kids every week while telling fart jokes on vent (the kids, not Jim, duh), and my soul screams for a mercy kill.

ฉันไม่เข้าใจที่นี้ทั้งหมด

unfortunately, I do :p

Isn't that pretty much every MMO, though?

Other MMOs aren't spinoff/sequels for other titles. And by sequel I mean degrading the heroes into once-per-week treasure chests who sit on their ass all day long waiting to get killed by retards, idiots, or some people who aren't retards or idiots yet.