More than one poison sounds like a good idea, but I think there are only tranq darts.

"Alright, I've been thinking. When life gives you lemons, don't make lemonade - make life take the lemons back! Get mad! I don't want your damn lemons, what am I supposed to do with these? Demand to see life's manager. Make life rue the day it thought it could give Cave Johnson lemons. Do you know who I am? I'm the man who's gonna burn your house down! With the lemons. I'm going to to get my engineers to invent a combustible lemon that burns your house down!"

A hallucinogen would be cool. The target starts freaking out and screaming, attracting other guards and creating a nice diversion. He may even open fire on them. Mike casts confusion on Guard. Guard is confused. Guard attacks Guard for 15 damage. Guard is killed.

Not much difference between sedative and poison unless the game is rewarding you for nonlethal kills. They could make poison work much faster than the sedative, so the guard doesn't yell out "Ouch hey everyone I was just shot with a ****ing dart".

They may also have knockout/hallucinogen/poison in grenade form (I think I may have seen that already). Chemical weapons-type poisons are probably a bit too dark.

Oh Jimmy, you were so funny.

Don't let me down.

From habit he lifts his watch; it shows him its blank face.

Zero hour, Snowman thinks. Time to go.

unless the game is rewarding you for nonlethal kills.

Doesn't it? Or is it for not touching them at all (i.e. undetected)?

I really want a game that takes the whole poison / sabotage business to the extreme - poison coatings (that can go on weapons but also on surfaces or objects), poisoning of edible objects, sabotaging of doors, beds, pens or devices, etc... but you'd probably need a Thief-like game for that, with the added element of well-done NPC scheduling/AI.

Anyway, yes, we've only seen tranq darts. I doubt there are a lot more for the kind of gameplay AP uses, which is a lot... 'faster'.

I heard/read somewhere that stealthy characters were rewarded for unlethal takedowns... or it could be perk that comes under some conditions?

They only said you get xp for leaving enemies alive, that could mean sneaking past them not just takedowns.

I really want a game that takes the whole poison / sabotage business to the extreme - poison coatings (that can go on weapons but also on surfaces or objects), poisoning of edible objects, sabotaging of doors, beds, pens or devices, etc... but you'd probably need a Thief-like game for that, with the added element of well-done NPC scheduling/AI.

Isn't that what the last hitman game was pretty much about? I think Blood Money was almost as much fun as the second one, but YMMV. o:)

I heard/read somewhere that stealthy characters were rewarded for unlethal takedowns... or it could be perk that comes under some conditions?

I'm pretty sure mr. Rorie mentioned in one of the trainyard demo walktrhoughs that they would at least play a story element role - as in not necessarily wanting to take out cops and CIA operatives to not get yourself further into it...

You're a cheery wee bugger, Nep. Have I ever said that?

ahyes.gifReapercussionsahyes.gif

I only ever played Blood Money and that was damn good, yeah. I do remember it being linear-ish, though, in terms of ways you can do stuff? Or is that because I'd often get hopelessly lost and just do things the most standard way possible?

They only said you get xp for leaving enemies alive, that could mean sneaking past them not just takedowns.

Of course, something in the vein of Lionheart I suppose... even if I never played that game and heard it was flawed (especially some terrible blancing), I heard you actually gained XP when sneaking past foes... wonder how it worked...

I only ever played Blood Money and that was damn good, yeah. I do remember it being linear-ish, though, in terms of ways you can do stuff? Or is that because I'd often get hopelessly lost and just do things the most standard way possible?

Generally there's a few alternative routes - and you tend to get a few more if you don't mind getting worse ratings than silent assassin. Especially in the second installment an all-out assault was often a rather viable choice, something I haven't managed to really get to work in the later installments; it's still my favourite, mostly because it allows the most customisable loadouts so far (as in what you take; no real weapon modding as in Blood Money).

Edited by Nepenthe

You're a cheery wee bugger, Nep. Have I ever said that?

ahyes.gifReapercussionsahyes.gif