Rage

Morgoth

Teaser site with Null info yet: http://www.aftertheimpact.com/

It seems the August issue of Gameinformer has Rage covered. Now does anyone know when this supposed issue will be released?

Either way, in a month there's the Quakecon, which should have plenty of Rage infos. Keep this thread, 100% certified by Morgoth Industries, Inc. open for news and discussion!

Discuss. ;)

Is this game going to be like Borderlands? I've looked up some trailers and they showed only racing... :sorcerer:

Borderland has changed quite considerably, and no, Borderlands will be something like Hellgate London I think.

Rage is a FPS from Id, although there'll be also large outdoors areas with some racing. Anyway, I always liked id games, including Doom 3, so I'm quite excited about Rage. New IP with good graphics is always win in my book.

Although this will probably the coolest game ID have ever made, the technical aspects are what Im most interested in. What Carmack & co have cooked up for hellishly diabolical new ways of doing things, tech5 was supposed to be a sort of 'Unreal3 killer' and they might pull it off.

I still cant believe Bethesda bought them though, its like if the guys who made The Witcher would buy BioWare.

DISCLAIMER: Do not take what I write seriously unless it is clearly and in no uncertain terms, declared by me to be meant in a serious and non-humoristic manner. If there is no clear indication, asume the post is written in jest. This notification is meant very seriously and its purpouse is to avoid misunderstandings and the consequences thereof. Furthermore; I can not be held accountable for anything I write on these forums since the idea of taking serious responsability for my unserious actions, is an oxymoron in itself.

Important: as the following sentence contains many naughty words I warn you not to read it under any circumstances; botty, knickers, wee, erogenous zone, psychiatrist, clitoris, stockings, bosom, poetry reading, dentist, fellatio and the department of agriculture.

"I suppose outright stupidity and complete lack of taste could also be considered points of view. "

I still cant believe Bethesda bought them though, its like if the guys who made The Witcher would buy BioWare.

Bethesda didn't buy them, Zenimax Media did, making Bethesda & ID sister companies. ID continues to develop & publish their own games.

The ending of the words is ALMSIVI.

Zenimax is a sort of 'fake' company started in 1999 by the founder of Bethesda Softworks for tax reasons or some such. It's Bethesda in everything but name.

DISCLAIMER: Do not take what I write seriously unless it is clearly and in no uncertain terms, declared by me to be meant in a serious and non-humoristic manner. If there is no clear indication, asume the post is written in jest. This notification is meant very seriously and its purpouse is to avoid misunderstandings and the consequences thereof. Furthermore; I can not be held accountable for anything I write on these forums since the idea of taking serious responsability for my unserious actions, is an oxymoron in itself.

Important: as the following sentence contains many naughty words I warn you not to read it under any circumstances; botty, knickers, wee, erogenous zone, psychiatrist, clitoris, stockings, bosom, poetry reading, dentist, fellatio and the department of agriculture.

"I suppose outright stupidity and complete lack of taste could also be considered points of view. "

Bethesda is a fairly large company that has grown quite a bit since the release of Morrowind. They really cashed in on the growth of the console market, Oblivion was timed very close to the release of the 360, and they have always published their own titles. Their success as allowed them to start publishing titles for other development houses.

id, on the other hand, hasn't grown a lot over the years.

If someone as big as Bethesda tanked enough to close its doors, it would be a very bad thing. As much as people like to think that the RPG genre would be better off without the likes of Bethesda or BioWare, they are the ones that keep the genre afloat for the most part. If one of them went down, the fallout would spread to other studios as publishers would be even more hesitant than they are now to invest in an RPG.

Bio is not going down before EA goes down, which is never.

Beth going down is not very probable either, since they can rely both on TES and Fallout now.

You have to give them credits though: Reviving a dead franchise and turning it into a multi-million success requires some balls.

I agree that a doomsday scenario for either of those studios is pretty unlikely right now.

However, I would say of the two, BioWare is in a more tenuous position than Bethesda is. If BioWare delivers one or two flops, EA could easily decide that their "RPG devision" isn't worth it, and close them. For Bethesda to go **** up, it would require them to seriously bork a couple of ES or Fallout titles (which seems unlikely--mainstream totally eats their stuff up).

On topic, though: I can't get excited over Rage. This is probably because I view id software in the same light as I view Square Enix--they haven't made anything decent since the 90s. id totally lives off of an old legacy, IMO.

I'm looking forward to new technologies :) Id's engines are always good for interesting approaches to certain problems, even if not all of them are successful.

Citizen of a country with a racist, hypocritical majority

• 2 weeks later...
There's a Rage interview in the magazine I bought. Dunno if the info is new enough (magazines don't update daily afterall), but if there's a demand I'll translate it here.

You could give us a short overview of the awesomest parts...

There's a Rage interview in the magazine I bought. Dunno if the info is new enough (magazines don't update daily afterall), but if there's a demand I'll translate it here.

You could give us a short overview of the awesomest parts...

-The world will be open but controlled (ie you are encouraged to investigate points of interests as you travel, but you'll always know where you need to go and what to do, also choices to make)

-"We want the world to be extremely varied and unique, the story was pushed to it's boundaries to accommodate this"

-Map can be explored regardless of where you are in the story

-Reputation (earned with races, killing infamous people and how you treat NPCs) changes NPC reaction, items you can acquire and job offers

-PC will be like Kane in Quake 4: some backstory, 0 personality

-"The bast way to describe it [the story/game] would be: experiencing an interactive action movie where you decide what happens every minute"

-Lot of work spent on dialogue, voice acting and animations to make NPCs memorable

-There will be economy ("you decide to buy weapons or guard robots" -not really an explanation imo)

-May contain exploding rc cars \o/

-You can get blueprints (car, guard robots, rc car bombs, etc) and then...what you saw in FO 3, except toolkit(may or may not be upgradeable) instead of workbench

-Story will be awesomeness made manifest etc

-Leet engineering skillz, sneakyness and crossbows

-Graphically varied locations

That's roughly it.

-The world will be open but controlled (ie you are encouraged to investigate points of interests as you travel, but you'll always know where you need to go and what to do, also choices to make)

-"We want the world to be extremely varied and unique, the story was pushed to it's boundaries to accommodate this"

-Map can be explored regardless of where you are in the story

-Reputation (earned with races, killing infamous people and how you treat NPCs) changes NPC reaction, items you can acquire and job offers

-PC will be like Kane in Quake 4: some backstory, 0 personality

-"The bast way to describe it [the story/game] would be: experiencing an interactive action movie where you decide what happens every minute"

-Lot of work spent on dialogue, voice acting and animations to make NPCs memorable

-There will be economy ("you decide to buy weapons or guard robots" -not really an explanation imo)

-May contain exploding rc cars \o/

-You can get blueprints (car, guard robots, rc car bombs, etc) and then...what you saw in FO 3, except toolkit(may or may not be upgradeable) instead of workbench

-Story will be awesomeness made manifest etc

-Leet engineering skillz, sneakyness and crossbows

-Graphically varied locations

That's roughly it.

Thanks

So it's like a STALKER/Fallout 3 hybrid with vehicles. I'm still dubious about the "story", it's never really been one of Id's strong points.

Also I'm not a big fan of the name, it sounds like a deliberate start-off point for Yahtzee. "Rage is something you'll be doing a lot while playing this game etc."

Edited by Purkake

• 3 weeks later...

http://www.gametrailers.com/video/quakecon...iler-rage/54147

Nice-o.

wow is this a joke? i mean completely stealing from fallout3 is one thing but another post apocalyptic game is just too much.

shadowfalcon1 has shown me the way! I, the ignorant fool I am, always thought there were other Fallouts before FO 3, but clearly, other post-apocalyptic games, movies or even books have never existed before Fallout 3, we just thought they did!