Need a new drug....

Arkan

I'm enjoying Mirror's Edge right now. It's a racing game for people who don't like racing games.

Explain.

It's a first person bungie-jumping-without-rope-and-living-target-practice-simulator.

I mean, an fps based on parkour, where you have to run from cops while trying to find out who framed your sister for murder.

I'm enjoying Mirror's Edge right now. It's a racing game for people who don't like racing games.

Explain.

The thrust of the game is navigating environments as fast as you can. Usually because cops are chasing you. Instead of a car, you're a person. Instead of a flat, ugly track, you have a series of buildings that you're jumping and running through painted in strong monochromatic blocks. Instead of

"When is this out. I can't wait to play it so I can talk at length about how bad it is." - Gorgon.

FO3 is worth a playthrough, but since you've done that, I'd say go with the Witcher. Big game, pretty solid / fun (and well optimised by now), pretty good C&C and story if you get past the over-sexxing.

However, if FO3's story didn't bother you, then you might be fine with ME's. Best gauge, really, is just how much you enjoyed KOTOR1.

What about not-so-new games? Wasn't there some Fantasy FPS RPG type deal recently? Not Oblivion. Was it Gothic 3? A Might and Magic game? How were they?

Speaking of Oblivion, I heard the expansions for that were pretty good. Thoughts?

Dark Messiah of Might & Magic is a Fantasy FPS that use the Source engine and came out in the same year in Oblivion I believe. The combat & levels are great, the story is kind of a follow-up to the one of Heroes of Might & Magic V.

Gothic 3 is a open-world RPG like Oblivion. The game works with several factions one does quests for and there's a reputation system that determines how the factions react to you. I was playing it until a couple of weeks back, but I put it on hold since I got a bit bored with the quests which are all of the same 'fetch/kill' type (even the main quests).

The ending of the words is ALMSIVI.

What about not-so-new games? Wasn't there some Fantasy FPS RPG type deal recently? Not Oblivion. Was it Gothic 3? A Might and Magic game? How were they?

Speaking of Oblivion, I heard the expansions for that were pretty good. Thoughts?

Dark Messiah of Might & Magic is a Fantasy FPS that use the Source engine and came out in the same year in Oblivion I believe. The combat & levels are great, the story is kind of a follow-up to the one of Heroes of Might & Magic V.

Gothic 3 is a open-world RPG like Oblivion. The game works with several factions one does quests for and there's a reputation system that determines how the factions react to you. I was playing it until a couple of weeks back, but I put it on hold since I got a bit bored with the quests which are all of the same 'fetch/kill' type (even the main quests).

Well, I played the first two Gothics and enjoyed them a lot. Is it a continuation of the same "story"? I'm not about giving it a shot. I heard it looks pretty good, at least.

Oh, yeah, I just got Street Fighter 4 on the cheap. Awesome. I just wish they had multiple "super" technique moves. The game looks and plays great.

Edited by Arkan

"Of course the people don't want war. But after all, it's the leaders of the country who determine the policy, and it's always a simple matter to drag the people along whether it's a democracy, a fascist dictatorship, or a parliament, or a communist dictatorship. Voice or no voice, the people can always be brought to the bidding of the leaders. That is easy. All you have to do is tell them they are being attacked, and denounce the pacifists for lack of patriotism, and exposing the country to greater danger."

- Herman Goering at the Nuremberg trials

"I have also been slowly coming to the realisation that knowledge and happiness are not necessarily coincident, and quite often mutually exclusive" - meta

Well, I played the first two Gothics and enjoyed them a lot. Is it a continuation of the same "story"? I'm not about giving it a shot. I heard it looks pretty good, at least.

Yes, in the beginning of G3 you arrive with the guys you picked up in previous Gothics, like Gorn & Diego.

Edited by virumor

The ending of the words is ALMSIVI.

Yes, in the beginning of G3 you arrive with the guys you picked up in previous Gothics, like Gorn & Diego.

And 5 minutes later they all disappear. Thanks a ****ing bunch guys. Eztneked.gif

Was thinking about The Witcher....thoughts?

eh... i don't know. witcher had lots of little stuff that you collect that has some use, but ultimately is not a necessity. began to remind me of elder scrolls for this reason, and i ended up simply getting tired of the game. you may like it. i did, in the beginning.

i'm in the same boat, btw. nothing to play and lots of time to play it (nothing, that is).

taks

comrade taks... just because.

Was thinking about The Witcher....thoughts?

eh... i don't know. witcher had lots of little stuff that you collect that has some use, but ultimately is not a necessity.

It seems to be at least somewhat influenced by your experience and choice of difficulty setting. If you need alchemy to survive, you better start using those hunter/gatherer instincs and collect every flower and herb along the way ;)

If you are good enough (or picked easy difficulty), you can mostly ignore the stuff you pick up, apart from particularly valuable hardware. Just to keep your cash flow in the black.

“He who joyfully marches to music in rank and file has already earned my contempt. He has been given a large brain by mistake, since for him the spinal cord would surely suffice.” - Albert Einstein