NWN2 OC question

ramza

Is there some point in the game where the story branches out just like in typical Bioware games? At which point do I need to keep a specific save in order to be able to see both the good and evil endings?

"Ooo, squirrels, Boo! I know I saw them! Quick, throw nuts!" -Minsc

"I am a well-known racist in the Realms! Elves? Dwarves? Ha! Kill'em all! Humans rule! -Me

Volourn will never grow up, he's like the Black Peter Pan, here to tell you that it might be great to always be a child, but everybody around is gonna hate it. :p

Shortly after arrving at Neverwinter you have the option of working for either the watch or the thieves. Isn't a huge split as you often do the same quests, just with different motivations.

The ending is fairly Fallouty in that things you do in the course of the game effect it, not so much a last minute decision. You CAN at the last minute decide to join the big evil for a different ending, but this ending is

A: EXTREMELY hard. You have to

fight almost all of your companions, who are likely well equipped and as high level as you

B. 'Non canon' as the expansion takes place as if you fought the big baddie, whether you control an evil or good character.

Also, make sure you treat companions you like well (keep earning 'influence' with them) as influence effects what happens in the final room.

Edited by GreasyDogMeat

But will this choice affect the type of ending you will get?

Isn't there some point near the end of the game where I can make a save and then try different dialog options in order to get different endings?

Edited by ramza

"I am a well-known racist in the Realms! Elves? Dwarves? Ha! Kill'em all! Humans rule! -Me

Volourn will never grow up, he's like the Black Peter Pan, here to tell you that it might be great to always be a child, but everybody around is gonna hate it. :p

One of the cool things about NWN2 OC was that the trial which occurs at a certain point in the game took into account several choices you made prior to it. So there's no 1 point which determines the outcome.

Then again,

whether or not you win the trial doesn't even matter in the end since it all comes down to the fight afterwards. Which was pretty lame.

That info was very useful, thanks! :banghead:

I didn't mind the ending as I knew (had a strong suspicion) that an expansion would be released to conclude the lackluster ending. Just took it as a Star Wars V type ending.

Well, I didn't and shouldn't FULL games have proper endings? It's not like it was a trilogy like Star Wars, it was a bona fide game.

MotB's ending is so much better, I feel bad for the poor OC.

The whole end fight is ridiculous...

MotB's end fight was even more ridiculous imo.

It was more of a metaphoric fight and IIRC it didn't have like four different "phases"...

The trial was one of the best parts in the game. It was like the Chrono Trigger trial x10. Loved playing a Bard, destroying their case in court and earning a super laywer feat for it. :banghead:

With a high Taunt/Bluff skill the trial is absolutely delicious to follow. As good as the finale of a Matlock episode.

The ending of the words is ALMSIVI.

You should also be warned that the first act is a lot slower than the rest of the game. After the trial, the speed picks up again quite quickly. I mean, it's still positively breakneck compared to NWN1's opening, but still.

Edited by Darth InSidious

This particularly rapid, unintelligible patter isn't generally heard, and if it is, it doesn't matter.

The trial was one of the best parts in the game. It was like the Chrono Trigger trial x10. Loved playing a Bard, destroying their case in court and earning a super laywer feat for it. :lol:

With a high Taunt/Bluff skill the trial is absolutely delicious to follow. As good as the finale of a Matlock episode.

Hmm I only had very high Diplomacy. I'll keep that in mind, to up my taunt and bluff. The trail was seriously awesome time eleventy billion.