How will it end?

Aristes

How it will end!  

34 members have voted

1. 1. When you know the end is coming but you don't know what he's wearing:

• Apes, Cats, Ants... it's mutation time!
    • You thought machines were your friends!
    • It isn't just a bad cough!
    • Earth pinball with asteroids, comets, the moon!
    • Space Invaders isn't a video game any more!
    • Here comes the sun!
    • No! It's going to be... (explain)

I always wanted to see those scorpion-horse things from revelations.

"It wasn't lies. It was just... bull****"."

-Elwood Blues

tarna's dead; processing... complete. Disappointed by Universe. RIP Hades/Sand/etc. Here's hoping your next alt has a harp.

You sicken me.

Fine, you are entitled to that opinion although I will counter with the fact that you do not disgust me, you only sadden me. You are yet another example of someone brainwashed by his or her religious cult. How depressing.

Is there not a Christian here?

Yes, there are although I doubt any are of the fundamentalist sort and thus you might not get along with them too well.

"Geez. It's like we lost some sort of bet and ended up saddled with a bunch of terrible new posters on this forum."

-Hurlshot

I'm Catholic. This is usually when I get pelted with tomatoes by both the atheists and the protestants. :grin:

Nah, I might pelt the Pope with fruit -well, I would like to sometimes- but not general members (unless they're doing something dumb like trying to get state-led prayer in school). :grin:

"Geez. It's like we lost some sort of bet and ended up saddled with a bunch of terrible new posters on this forum."

-Hurlshot

I wasn't really complaining at you Virumor. It's pointless to discuss things in terms of what we don't understand. It's just kind of like extra terrestrial life. On the other hand, while we have absolutely no evidence of other sentient species, it just boggles the mind to think all life in the universe is on the Earth. Good chance it exists but we'll never see it. Does that make sense or am I just going gonzo?

I tell you one thing: if sentient life does exist it had better have more important things to do than fly a bajillion miles here and stick objects up people's behinds. If not then frankly I don't WANT to make contact.

I don't know. Aside from the goofy UFO stories, maybe 'flying a bajillion miles' for them is as trivial as taking the car on a trip to the supermarket. And maybe they're observing us as we would observe a colony of ants.

I'm not very comfortable with that analogy. I used to boil ants with big kettles of water.

For all we know, "aliens" could be n-dimensional beings not more concerned about (or aware of) 3-dimensional affairs than we are about the wonderfully tiny things going on in the universe of quantum chromodynamics.

Better not to think about it. Old Ones? Heh...

Been reading "Slaughterhouse 5" lately? :grin:

"Some men see things as they are and say why?"
"I dream things that never were and say why not?"
- George Bernard Shaw

"Hope in reality is the worst of all evils because it prolongs the torments of man."
- Friedrich Nietzsche

"The amount of energy necessary to refute bull**** is an order of magnitude bigger than to produce it."

- Some guy 

I'm Catholic. This is usually when I get pelted with tomatoes by both the atheists and the protestants. :grin:

Gene manipulated tomatoes?

It is probably going to be something we eat. It either makes us all glow in the dark before we perish or it turns us all sterile over a period of 200 years.

“He who joyfully marches to music in rank and file has already earned my contempt. He has been given a large brain by mistake, since for him the spinal cord would surely suffice.” - Albert Einstein

Feel you there. The internet has a surprisingly sparse population of us.

This particularly rapid, unintelligible patter isn't generally heard, and if it is, it doesn't matter.

Oh my gosh... :p

Oh noes, a "facepalm." :o

D_N, I am betting you are an atheist. Am I correct?

Why does that fact matter? :teehee:

And, seriously, "cult"? Christianity is not a cult.....

No, it is a cult. Cult: A system or community of religious worship and ritual or A group having a sacred ideology and a set of rites centering around their sacred symbols. Does this not apply to your religion? :teehee:

Now, scientology [sp?] is a cult.

Yes, it is. However, Christianity is also a cult. :teehee:

-Hurlshot

You sicken me.

Fine, you are entitled to that opinion although I will counter with the fact that you do not disgust me, you only sadden me. You are yet another example of someone brainwashed by his or her religious cult. How depressing.

Just to come to his defense, it is just as retarded to NOT BELIEVE in the Bible as it is to believe in it. I mean, why not just play it safe? Let's think about it.

I mean, you say he's "brainwashed by a cult" but what has he got to lose anyway? If it's not real - oh well.

But if you're wrong Deadly_Nightshade...HAHAHAHA ENJOY YOUR ETERNAL TORTURES (owned).

by the way - i find it slightly moronic that call it "depressing to be brainwashed by a cult", simply because he believes in the Bible. You can't really be sure (unless he's said it, I didn't read all the posts) that he even attends Church, or prayer-groups, or anything like that. Hell, I took CCD when till I was 12 and believe in God, the Bible and all that jazz - but I'm far from "brainwashed". It's a decision that I made myself. It was probably the same thing for him.

Overall I think somewhere along the lines it became "cool" to be an Atheist among young people, the same way everyone in high school in the United States was obsessed with Obama.

And as for your "Christianity is a cult" argument, ANYTHING can be practiced that way. I'm a "Christian" but it's not a cult for me. I don't worship a dead guy on a cross for 6 hours a day, and I don't stop eating because a book tells me to. You both should really be more accepting of other people's views - personally I couldn't care less if DN is sent to Hell, and I don't really care to much if Kingofsquid winds up as the 4th part of the Trinity. Worry about yourselves and enlighten people that WANT to be enlightened. Don't say they disgust you, or that they're "brainwashed by a cult", because DN, you're apparently brainwashed by ballroom dancing Vampires.

Edited by Krookie

Just to come to his defense, it is just as retarded to NOT BELIEVE in the Bible as it is to believe in it.

Nope. :o

I mean, you say he's "brainwashed by a cult" but what has he got to lose anyway? If it's not real - oh well.

No, he would be living according to a false reality, wasting, at a minimum, money, time, and thought on a worthless myth.

But if you're wrong Deadly_Nightshade...HAHAHAHA ENJOY YOUR ETERNAL TORTURES (owned).

Ever heard of Pascal’s Wager? If not, look it up as you just presented it. It is a logical fallacy for too many reasons to mention here – look it up if you want more information.

by the way - i find it slightly moronic that call it "depressing to be brainwashed by a cult", simply because he believes in the Bible.

Is the Bible not the holly book of Christianity?

You can't really be sure (unless he's said it, I didn't read all the posts) that he even attends Church, or prayer-groups, or anything like that.

So? He belives in Christianity - thus he is a "Christian."

Overall I think somewhere along the lines it became "cool" to be an Atheist among young people, the same way everyone in high school in the United States was obsessed with Obama.

I do not care if I am “cool,” nor do I care if atheism is “cool.” This is nothing more than an attack to make any non-theist seem if they are expressing their disbelief because it is the popular thing to do – id est, it is an ad hominem attack.

And as for your "Christianity is a cult" argument, ANYTHING can be practiced that way.

All religions with dogma are cults - nothing more and nothing less.

I'm a "Christian" but it's not a cult for me.

It is to me.

I don't worship a dead guy on a cross for 6 hours a day, and I don't stop eating because a book tells me to.

But you are a member of the Christain cult, be you a "fundie" or a sane member.

...because DN, you're apparently brainwashed by ballroom dancing Vampires.

O RLY? I did not know I spewed dogma about them in threads. Also, that's another ad hominem attack. :p

Edited by Deadly_Nightshade

-Hurlshot

The only difference between a religion and a cult is size. Thus the fact that we can force the flying spaghetti monster to be taught in schools if we feel the urge.

Victor of the 5 year fan fic competition!

Kevin Butler will awesome your face off.

"No, he would be living according to a false reality, wasting, at a minimum, money, time, and thought on a worthless myth."

I have spent no time or money on my religion.

"Is the Bible not the holly book of Christianity?"

Sooo, if you believe in the Bible you are brainwashed? Is that what you're trying to say?"

"So? He belives in Christianity - thus he is a "Christian."

Again, same question.

"I do not care if I am

You sicken me. Is there not a Christian here?

I come from a very Catholic upbringing but my family and friends are smart enough to know not to take everything in the Bible literally, especially not the apocalypse.

Actually, I've noticed it seems to be Catholics who are more pragmatic about interpretting the Bible and Protestants tend to be more dogmatic and literal, so maybe you're just a loony Evangelical... or you're yanking my chain. :p

I come from a very Catholic upbringing but my family and friends are smart enough to know not to take everything in the Bible literally, especially not the apocalypse.

Actually, I've noticed it seems to be Catholics who are more pragmatic about interpretting the Bible and Protestants tend to be more dogmatic and literal, so maybe you're just a loony Evangelical... or you're yanking my chain. :p

YOU'RE A CULT MEMBER!!! YOU'RE A CULT MEMBER!!!

I'm an Atheist. I said I come from a Catholic upbringing - not that I'm Catholic. Frankly I don't mind being associated with Catholicism, though.

I have spent no time or money on my religion.

You just did. By defending it you just took time - time you could have been using to make money.

Sooo, if you believe in the Bible you are brainwashed? Is that what you're trying to say?"

Either than or really, really gullible. :teehee:

I never attacked you - or said you were one of those people...

It was strongly implied by the placement. :o

...although you probably are...

Nope, I'm not. Nor do I really care if people are religous, some of my best freinds are "strong" Christians, and I would have not brought it up if he had not. :teehee:

...I never said it wasn't a cult for anybody else. But for me, simply, no.

I'm sure scientologists say the same thing. :teehee:

EDIT: Spelling... :p

Edited by Deadly_Nightshade

-Hurlshot

Krookie, that's just it, what's the difference between Catholisism, Islam, Judeaism, the flying spaghetti monster, Lucifarians, scientologists, norse, and greek belief systems?

Other than the deities and the age of the religions and the number of adherents, NOTHING. As much right as you have to call the Christian church NOT a cult, others have to call your church a cult.

Cult has all of these negative connotations, that's the only reason it's not used in the same way as religion. If it were not for that would we be having this conversation?

-Hurlshot

I'm thinking we should return to the Norse traditions. Those were cool. Dark elves, trolls, giants, goblins, sex goddesses...

chick sleeps with nine dwarves for a necklace? I dig it.