What car would you like to have if you could pick anyone

Nihilus5078

My friend's getting one of those V12 Vantages. Very nice.

In 7th grade, I teach the students how Chuck Norris took down the Roman Empire, so it is good that you are starting early on this curriculum.

R.I.P. KOTOR 2003-2008 KILLED BY THOSE GREEDY MONEY-HOARDING ************* AND THEIR *****-*** MMOS

I don't drive, partly due to having reaction-times in the "glacial" ratio, but if I did, and had more money than braincells (which would, frankly, be quite an achievement), I would get this:

1934-rolls-royce-phantom-ii-continental-three-position-drophead-coupe.jpg

This particularly rapid, unintelligible patter isn't generally heard, and if it is, it doesn't matter.

Oh yeah, hubby also liked the Oldsmobile 442's.

I can't think of any new/modern cars either of us would have the hots for. The 50k+ sports cars are all so mundane...and only good for cruises down beach roads.

...but assuming I could comfortably ride one, I wouldn't mind getting one of these, because they look fun for casual riding.

Piaggio MP3 500

030220092009056089.jpg

030220092009056307.jpg

Why do I have a feeling that vehicle would flip over incredibly easily?

Because it doesn't have training wheels?

All right, I'm 14 and I'll be getting my drivers permit next year, so what I want, well I have a few choices:

1. Lister Storm (pictured as my avatar)

2. Chevy Corvette

3. Chevy Camaro

4. Porsche 911

5. Dodge Viper

Why don't you start off with a cheap second-hand car and bash around in it learning to drive? You're not even 15 yet. You've got plenty of time to waste money on a sleek expensive car so you can show off to your friends.

Then perhaps a Peugeot RC, Subaru Impreza, or Bentley Mansory for a first car?

Why don't you spend your money on something that's actually worth it? If you're buying your first car (especially at 14) based on a brand name or aesthetic appeal then you're probably doing it wrong.

I know this sounds condescending, but I'm not that much older than you at 21, and anyway, at 14 I felt exactly the same way about cars as I do now. Well, except that now I actually wouldn't mind owning a snazzy car to show off to ladies. But the point remains it's still primarily to get you from point A to point B and depreciates in worth at an amazingly horrid pace (assuming you manage not to dent it in some tussle with a semi).

Conclusion: take your parents's money, pretend you're buying an exorbitantly expensive first car, snag a well-cared for 2nd-hand energy efficient urban vehicle instead, and invest the cash difference in shares before the economy recovers.

1. The Pagani Zonda R

I'm more partial to the Zonda F myself, but whatever, the Zonda is ridiculously good looking; best super car of the last 5-6 years imho.

But I wouldn't want to own one, since supercars are quite fragile.

So for my pick, I've always had a soft spot for the Porsche 911 series, specially the 993 generation. And out of the 993s I've always liked the 1995 911 Turbo the most. Here are some pics:

993.JPG

3866449-Travel_Picture-1996_Porsche_911_Turbo_993_Modified_by_Andial.jpg

6708_56280905347ab7eec09772.jpg

:thumbsup:

Edited by fastpunk

"We do not quit playing because we grow old, we grow old because we quit playing." - Oliver Wendell Holmes

Oh yeah, hubby also liked the Oldsmobile 442's.

Piaggio MP3 500

Why do I have a feeling that vehicle would flip over incredibly easily?

Because it doesn't have training wheels?

The front has a gyro suspension thingie so you can lean down in the corners just like a normal motorcycle, except this one has twice the grip so its a lot more stable.

1. The Pagani Zonda R

I'm more partial to the Zonda F myself, but whatever, the Zonda is ridiculously good looking; best super car of the last 5-6 years imho.

But I wouldn't want to own one, since supercars are quite fragile.

The R is more proportional because its designed to be perfectly balanced on the racetrack, longer front etc. The F is the next best thing though, or THE best considering the R is a racecar and is both illegal and unsuitable to drive on roads. In Top Gear, james tried driving an Aston DBR9 to italy and that did not seem like a pleasant ride. I dont even think the Zonda R has an internal starter engine so you need a pit crew to even get it going.

DISCLAIMER: Do not take what I write seriously unless it is clearly and in no uncertain terms, declared by me to be meant in a serious and non-humoristic manner. If there is no clear indication, asume the post is written in jest. This notification is meant very seriously and its purpouse is to avoid misunderstandings and the consequences thereof. Furthermore; I can not be held accountable for anything I write on these forums since the idea of taking serious responsability for my unserious actions, is an oxymoron in itself.

Important: as the following sentence contains many naughty words I warn you not to read it under any circumstances; botty, knickers, wee, erogenous zone, psychiatrist, clitoris, stockings, bosom, poetry reading, dentist, fellatio and the department of agriculture.

"I suppose outright stupidity and complete lack of taste could also be considered points of view. "

Why don't you spend your money on something that's actually worth it? If you're buying your first car (especially at 14) based on a brand name or aesthetic appeal then you're probably doing it wrong.

I know this sounds condescending, but I'm not that much older than you at 21, and anyway, at 14 I felt exactly the same way about cars as I do now. Well, except that now I actually wouldn't mind owning a snazzy car to show off to ladies. But the point remains it's still primarily to get you from point A to point B and depreciates in worth at an amazingly horrid pace (assuming you manage not to dent it in some tussle with a semi).

Conclusion: take your parents's money, pretend you're buying an exorbitantly expensive first car, snag a well-cared for 2nd-hand energy efficient urban vehicle instead, and invest the cash difference in shares before the economy recovers.

A Subaru Impreza is an efficient urban car, as is a Peugeot and Bentley. A Panoz is also a fairly good start, it may be a bit sporty but efficient. But really, I'd prefer something for moderation, like a BMW, Audi, Bentley, or Peugeot for starting, something that can get you from start to finish but is a little sporty, instead of owning a little piece of crap.

deicideLogo5.jpg

A Subaru Impreza is an efficient urban car, as is a Peugeot and Bentley. A Panoz is also a fairly good start, it may be a bit sporty but efficient. But really, I'd prefer something for moderation, like a BMW, Audi, Bentley, or Peugeot for starting, something that can get you from start to finish but is a little sporty, instead of owning a little piece of crap.

New drivers = crash cars

Start with a piece of crap that gets you from point A to point B. Then, when you are experienced enough, invest in a car that you know how to handle

New drivers = crash cars

Start with a piece of crap that gets you from point A to point B. Then, when you are experienced enough, invest in a car that you know how to handle

By the way, I'm not trying to sound like your grandfather or anything. I'm 17. I just know that I'm more than happy driving my 2005 Civic (which looks pretty sweet in it's own right...2 door coupe with spoiler + sunroof), but at the same time I'm not super worried driving it cause it wasn't anything special. And as for moderation...Hondas are VERY easy to customize.

Just out of curiosity how do you plan to afford a BMW, Audi or Bentley?

Edited by Krookie

Don't forget about maintenance costs. You are going to be pretty hard on the car, and the three you mentioned are only going to make it to about 50,000 miles before major issues crop up. Honda and Toyota engines are cheap to repair and will last for years of hard driving.

Don't forget about maintenance costs. You are going to be pretty hard on the car, and the three you mentioned are only going to make it to about 50,000 miles before major issues crop up. Honda and Toyota engines are cheap to repair and will last for years of hard driving.

Agreed, bought my Civic used with just 30,000 on it for $8,000

Ok, it's not technically a car...not to mention, not technically invented yet...but I'd like one of these. If I had the money, I'd get the guy to make me one.

Forget those 30-second old style things...7-20 minute flights would be more than enough for quick trips to the store!

Micro Turbine JetPack.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4lcMHfJoY_M

At least two people have already invented small jetpacks (small enough to strap on, though still bulky) and between countries with them, so I think we're talking more thna a few minutes. One Swiss guy and one Japanese guy I think.

^^^ wise advice. When you crash your car, you'll wish you had a piece of crap so it's no big loss.

And if you dont crash it you'll feel good about yourself. Which is why I'll start with my moms 04' Saturn. It's not like every new driver jumps in a car and crashes it 100% of the time.

Edited by Nihilus5078

deicideLogo5.jpg

^^^ wise advice. When you crash your car, you'll wish you had a piece of crap so it's no big loss.

And if you dont crash it you'll feel good about yourself. Which is why I'll start with my moms 04' Saturn. It's not like every new driver jumps in a car and crashes it 100% of the time.

Not quite 100%, but the risk is highest for young male drivers (I wonder how I survived my own teen years on the road)...

You have the odds stacked against you National Highway Traffic Safety Administration numbers

A bit of research into the causes Washington Post

If you survive your 16th birthday, survival chances starts improving, and after the 25th birthday, you should be about as safe as you can be. No matter what you may think of advice given, whether well meant or as fun, drive carefully :verymad:

“He who joyfully marches to music in rank and file has already earned my contempt. He has been given a large brain by mistake, since for him the spinal cord would surely suffice.” - Albert Einstein

What you should do, is to not drive like an idiot on the road. Roads are for going from one location to another, and not for pretending you're Michael Schumacher. But since driving fast and stupid is both fun and educational, you should find somewhere to do that. Like a motorpark, a rally course or a closed gravel-pit.

You cant really learn how to drive and control the car if you dont mess around.

DISCLAIMER: Do not take what I write seriously unless it is clearly and in no uncertain terms, declared by me to be meant in a serious and non-humoristic manner. If there is no clear indication, asume the post is written in jest. This notification is meant very seriously and its purpouse is to avoid misunderstandings and the consequences thereof. Furthermore; I can not be held accountable for anything I write on these forums since the idea of taking serious responsability for my unserious actions, is an oxymoron in itself.

Important: as the following sentence contains many naughty words I warn you not to read it under any circumstances; botty, knickers, wee, erogenous zone, psychiatrist, clitoris, stockings, bosom, poetry reading, dentist, fellatio and the department of agriculture.

"I suppose outright stupidity and complete lack of taste could also be considered points of view. "

Not quite 100%, but the risk is highest for young male drivers (I wonder how I survived my own teen years on the road)...

You have the odds stacked against you National Highway Traffic Safety Administration numbers

A bit of research into the causes Washington Post

If you survive your 16th birthday, survival chances starts improving, and after the 25th birthday, you should be about as safe as you can be. No matter what you may think of advice given, whether well meant or as fun, drive carefully :thumbsup:

But, those are pretty much only wacko people that drive like that. And considering me, I'd rather be safe on the road rather than having a drag race on the street. Yet again, mostly wacko people get themselves in problems on the road. But that was why they invented Drag Racing, but yet, there'll still be a chance some bastards male or female to be streaming in with a drag race on the street. Yet, I was trained to use seat belts, and I wouldn't drive without one if someone paid me. People who decide not to drive with seat belts are just people who dont have a God damn brain in their head! But yet I'm opposite, so yet I'm not one of those 60% brainless + reckless retards to have accident written all over them. As for females, a female can be in just as much of risk as male, but it doesn't involve drinking, perfume while driving is probably the most often cause of a female wreck, drop the perfume and drive the damn car! But of course, not every female in the world puts on perfume while driving, just some. From my knowledge, the most likely cause for male accident, probably stupidity, what do I mean, races on the road, drink n' drive, and deciding to push the car to the limit. Yet my sister was sort of reckless when she was 15, but she's lucky enough to have survived, though she did have a few close ones. Now does this mean I have a 0% chance of car crashing, NO, though my chances might be slightly higher in surviving than those of a wacko driver who should've gotten their license on their 25th birthday. But one cause that might me in a wreck is, another reckless driver on the street, but since teens have cat-like reflexes, they probably have a 10% better chance of surviving a crash if they use every necessary saftey precaution in a car and drive like a ****ing human being rather than some animal.

Edited by Nihilus5078

deicideLogo5.jpg

A good 'ordinary' car

Mazda RX-8

mazda%20RX8%208.jpg

A good sporty car

Maserati MC-18

maserati-mc12.jpg

Just out of curiosity, how do you plan to afford any of these cars? I know you're obviously being hypothetical about the Maserati and stuff, but you seemed pretty serious about the Bentley.

A good 'ordinary' car

Mazda RX-8

mazda%20RX8%208.jpg

A good sporty car

Maserati MC-18

maserati-mc12.jpg

Just out of curiosity, how do you plan to afford any of these cars? I know you're obviously being hypothetical about the Maserati and stuff, but you seemed pretty serious about the Bentley.

Just what I would like for a secondary, for sure I'm getting a Bentley or Aston Martin at some point in my life. And I will get a Bentley at some point in my life, maybe an Aston Martin, but Bentley Mansory for sure.

deicideLogo5.jpg

At this point I'd take anything as long as it had a depiction of EA ceasing to exist...

In 7th grade, I teach the students how Chuck Norris took down the Roman Empire, so it is good that you are starting early on this curriculum.

R.I.P. KOTOR 2003-2008 KILLED BY THOSE GREEDY MONEY-HOARDING ************* AND THEIR *****-*** MMOS