Let's Play: Jagged Alliance 2

No love for Igor?

"My hovercraft is full of eels!" - Hungarian tourist
I am Dan Quayle of the Romans.
I want to tattoo a map of the Netherlands on my nether lands.
Heja Sverige!!
Everyone should cuffawkle more.
The wrench is your friend. :bat:

Ivan DOlvich has been hired for a two week contract

post-378-1244297500_thumb.png

Notice how I can belittle your beliefs without calling you names. It's a useful skill to have particularly where you aren't allowed to call people names. It's a mistake to get too drawn in/worked up. I mean it's not life or death, it's just two guys posting their thoughts on a message board. If it were personal or face to face all the usual restraints would be in place, and we would never have reached this place in the first place. Try to remember that.

Igor Dolvich has been for a two week contract.

post-378-1244297642_thumb.png

Notice how I can belittle your beliefs without calling you names. It's a useful skill to have particularly where you aren't allowed to call people names. It's a mistake to get too drawn in/worked up. I mean it's not life or death, it's just two guys posting their thoughts on a message board. If it were personal or face to face all the usual restraints would be in place, and we would never have reached this place in the first place. Try to remember that.

The two awesome brothers!

Heja Sverige!!

They're not brothers. Uncle and nephew is what they are.

And CrashGirl hired Buzz. What's next that world- class- only- good- for- selling -to -the -hicks- b- buns? >_<

Ice is a must thought!!!!!!!!

Edited by Majek

1.13 killed off Ja2.

Heyya, Majek!

1.13.2124 (Build 08.05.10)

They're not brothers. Uncle and nephew is what they are.

And CrashGirl hired Buzz. What's next that world- class- only- good- for- selling -to -the -hicks- b- buns? >_

Ice is a must thought!!!!!!!!

Heja Sverige!!

OK. I finished picking the starting squads this afternnoon. I've gone for a large number of mercs with few elites. Our current personnel cost is roughly $25,000 USD/day. Our current income is roughly $0 USD/day. AS the campaign heats up we can begin to refine our personnel group.

I've started by dividing into three squads for ease of managment:

Squad 1 is the command squad:

Snake

Raider

Reaper

Len

Squad 2 is the primary combat squad:

Shadow

Raven

Ivan

Buzz

Ice

Squad 3 is the support and development squad:

Trevor

Danny

Igor

Bull

Thor

Wolf

We can change and redo squad assignments as neccessary. EVentually we may change them into seperate and self-sufficent combat teams.

ANyway, its a lot of people to start and when we arrived in Omerta the drop zone was a little crowded. lol

omerta.jpg

We immediately encountered a small patrol of the Queens forces in the bombed out ruins of Omerta.

Facing such a large group of mercs they didn't have much of a chance.

omertabattle.png

After the fracas we made contact with the local population still hiding in Omerta and we're lead to meet Miguel, the leader of the country's small band of rebels.

Ira was recruited to help as a local guide and trainer.

omertacontact.png

rebels.png

SO the question is where do we go from here?

I wil post a map view of the country with the current mine situation and we can decided what our first objective should be.

mapstart.png

Edited by CrashGirl

Airport and then Drassen is what I always do.

Heja Sverige!!

Wow, I've never had more than 5 mercs in total in the initial drop :*

Yeah, Airport (to give us access to Bobby Rays Guns-n-Things), the mine, Skyrider, North East SAM sort of. It's almost a ritual :)

“He who joyfully marches to music in rank and file has already earned my contempt. He has been given a large brain by mistake, since for him the spinal cord would surely suffice.” - Albert Einstein

I think I'm the only one here who hasn't played the game. Also, what are the three bars? I assume red = health and green = ammo.

Why are we all taking the airport? (Does not see an airport, but believes you if you say one is there.)

The San Mona mine is abandoned. It would seem a good idea to start there are there woudl be little resistence, yes?

"When is this out. I can't wait to play it so I can talk at length about how bad it is." - Gorgon.

2 spots above the Drassen Mine is an airport. Mines also give money, so the San Mona one isn't too useful. San Mona is actually a neutral city, so we don't have to control it. Nice place to visit though.

Now there is a pile of cash in the San Mona mine, but it belongs to a mafia don. Do we want to steal it?

The tiny symbols at B:13 and N:3 are airports. That means you can get supplies from online stores flown in and distribute to your mercs. Also, there is a freelance helicopter pilot in the game that can operate out of the airport and airlift your squads, either to or from where they want to go. Saves a lot of walking time. Not to mention if one of your squads have been beaten up badly, you might to evacuate them to a safe spot as fast as possible.

The San Mona mine is a bit special, because it doesn't really have any gold, but is used by a mafia boss (Kingpin) to hide his cash in. You can grab it, but an otherwise useful, neutral town might end up being hostile.

I do take a childish delight in, late in the game, to fill his house with C4, both inside and outside against the walls, then start pushing remote control buttons to see him and his goons turn into something akin to spaghetti bolognese that escapes a blender. But that is late in the game :sorcerer:

Drassen and Chitzena have the two easiest mines to take. Chitzena also has a couple of small quests, save the tourists and reposess the chalice (I've never tried the option of giving it to Kingpin). I seem to remember that one of your headhunting (literally) marks sometimes hides out there too. The only thing I remember in Drassen is to establish the food supply to Miguels rebels in Omerta with the help of the drunk priest.

Edit:

Also, what are the three bars? I assume red = health and green = ammo.

Red = health (hitpoints). If you take enough damage, you start bleeding and lose health automatically until bandaged.

Blue = Energy. Activity requires energy and there is only so much to go around. If gets low enough, your merc will collapse on the ground after uttering sometimes rather funny comments. If they spend a lot of time running, they need short breaks to catch their breath again

Green = Morale. Various things affect morale, the presence of old enemies in the team, deaths of team members and some mercs are just abject cowards. If the going gets too tough, some of them might pack up and run away.

“He who joyfully marches to music in rank and file has already earned my contempt. He has been given a large brain by mistake, since for him the spinal cord would surely suffice.” - Albert Einstein

Do you have the Drassen counter attack turned on?

If you do, sent one squad to Chitzena so you get a mine and then only liberate 2 of Drassen sectors, so that you can prepare for the attack. Scouting the sectors around Drassen is a must as well, enemies travel with light speed through unexplored sectors after all.

hmm could you post your. Ja2_options.ini as well? I want to see what we're dealing here with. I just remember that some important stuff was included in since your version and i have to adapt to your conditions before i say something stupid that you can't do _D.

Edited by Majek

1.13 killed off Ja2.

Do you have the Drassen counter attack turned on?

Indeed I do. Which is my big concern about attacking Drassen first. Even with 16 mercs its going to be hard to beat that attack with the crappy weapons nad piddling amount of ammo most of the team has. There are ways to do it, but if I screw up it could be game over before it even starts.

hmm could you post your. Ja2_options.ini as well? I want to see what we're dealing here with. I just remember that some important stuff was included in since your version and i have to adapt to your conditions before i say something stupid that you can't do _D.

;*******************************************************************************

; Jagged Alliance 2 v1.13

;*******************************************************************************

; This options file cannot be added to without hard coding. But the settings within it can be changed as much as you want.

; By default, the values below are the values present in the 9-14-05 release of the code.

;General Guidelines:

;

; PRICE_MODIFIER = 1-100 (Lower is better)

;

; MIN_ATTRIBUTE_POINT <= START_ATTRIBUTE <= MAX_ATTRIBUTE_POINT

;

; MIN_ATTRIBUTE_POINT < MAX_ATTRIBUTE_POINT 1-100 range

;

; MAX_ZERO_BONUS <= MIN_ATTRIBUTE_POINT (no bug, but you can cheat by making it a larger number)

;

; MAX_STRATEGIC_TEAM_SIZE >= 20

;

; MAX_TRAINING_SQUAD_SIZE <= MAX_MILITIA_PER_SECTOR * 2

;

; MAX_MILITIA_PER_SECTOR <= MAX_STRATEGIC_TEAM_SIZE

;

; _MIN_ENEMY_GROUP_SIZE; This file contains the default values from 9-14-05 version of the 1.13 MOD. If you

; decide to change anything in this file, it's recommended that you make a backup copy

; before you make the changes.

; -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

; In this section you can change settings which uses the IMP generation

; -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

[JA2 Laptop Settings]

; The maximum number of I.M.P. (B.S.E.) characters, the player can have (Range: 0 - 6).

MAX_IMP_CHARACTERS = 6

; The following allow you to change how many and which slots from prof.dat are available for

; male and female IMPs. The "usual" slots are 51,52,53 for males and 54,55,56 for females. Other

; slots will work only if they have a blank full name in prof.dat. Even slots without full IMP voice

; sets will work although the IMPs will be silent a lot of the time.

;

; There should be one IMP_[FE]MALE_X for each slot. The total number is still limited by

; MAX_IMP_CHARACTERS above. You can reduce the numbers but there should always be at least one

; male and one female slot available.

;

; If there are any errors in the following then the default values (3 males slots 51-53 and 3 females

; slots 54-56) will be used instead.

IMP_MALE_CHARACTER_COUNT = 3

IMP_FEMALE_CHARACTER_COUNT = 3

IMP_MALE_1 = 51

IMP_MALE_2 = 52

IMP_MALE_3 = 53

; The following are empty in standard JA2 1.13 but do not have full voice sets.

;IMP_MALE_4 = 169

;IMP_MALE_5 = 65

;IMP_MALE_6 = 71

;IMP_MALE_7 = 163

;IMP_MALE_8 = 164

IMP_FEMALE_1 = 54

IMP_FEMALE_2 = 55

IMP_FEMALE_3 = 56

; The following values deal with the IMP merc generation, MIN_ATTRIBUTE_POINT is the lowest

; you can lower an attribute, and the lowest you can lower a skill before it hits zero.

; Max_ATTRIBUTE_POINT is of course, the opposite, the highest amount you can raise a stat to.

; IMPATTRIBUTEPOINTS is the amount of extra points you start out with when all of your stats

; and skills are set to 55. MAX_ZERO_BONUS is the amount of stat points

; that you receive when you take a skill from 35 to Zero. Currently in the game, you lose

; 20 stat points when you do this, the skill goes from 35 to Zero and you gain 15 points in

; return. You can now change that here. START_ATTRIBUTE is the value all of your stats and skills

; start out as. Currently in game it is set to 55.

MIN_ATTRIBUTE_POINT = 35

MAX_ATTRIBUTE_POINT = 90

IMPATTRIBUTEPOINTS = 100

MAX_ZERO_BONUS = 15

START_ATTRIBUTE = 55

; USE_RANDOM_PERSONALITY set to TRUE will randomly generate an Attitude and a Personality for each of

; your IMP Mercs.

;

; CUSTOM_PERSONALITY and CUSTOM_ATTITUDE allow you to specify what personality you want for your IMP

; Merc.

; Here are the valid settings for personalities and Attitudes:

;

; PERSONALITIES:

;

; Normal = 0

; Heat Intolerant = 1

; Nervous = 2

; Claustrophobic = 3

; NonSwimmer = 4

; Fear of Insects = 5

; Forgetful = 6

; Psycho = 7

;

; ATTITUDES:

;

; NORMAL = 0

; FRIENDLY = 1

; LONER = 2

; OPTIMIST = 3

; PESSIMIST = 4

; AGGRESSIVE = 5

; ARROGANT = 6

; BIG_SHOT = 7

; **** = 8

; COWARD = 9

CUSTOM_PERSONALITY = 0

CUSTOM_ATTITUDE = 0

; MERC_AVAILABLE_DAY_ONE set to TRUE sends the initial MERC e-mail at the beginning of the game and thus

; opens the website up on day one.

;

; ALL_MERCS_AT_MERC set to TRUE will allow you to hire any of the MERC mercs as soon as the site opens.

; This will include any future MERC Mercs that are added.

MERC_AVAILABLE_DAY_ONE = FALSE

ALL_MERCS_AT_MERC = FALSE

; The Following settings define if and how many mercenaries die while on assignment

; if they have not been hired.

MERCS_DIE_ON_ASSIGNMENT = TRUE

EASY_MERC_DEATHS = 1

EXPERIENCED_MERC_DEATHS = 2

EXPERT_MERC_DEATHS = 3

INSANE_MERC_DEATHS = 4

; In this section you can change system settings

[JA2 System Settings]

; Time in seconds for DeadLock delay, default 30

; Do not set this too low!

; Increased because 1) deadlocks are significantly reduced, and 2) some actions actually take a while

DEAD_LOCK_DELAY = 30

; Skip global strategic events (use to prevent game crashes). Press and hold NUMLOCK to skip

ENABLE_EMERGENCY_BUTTON_NUMLOCK_TO_SKIP_STRATEGIC_EVENTS = FALSE

; In this section you can change video settings

[JA2 Video Settings]

; If disabled the game will run faster

VERTICAL_SYNC = FALSE

; In this section you can change the animation speed

[JA2 Turnbased Animation Speed Settings]

; Controls animation speed for faster movements in battle

; 1 = normal

; 0 = max speed

; Range: 0-1

PLAYER_TURN_SPEED_UP_FACTOR = 1

ENEMY_TURN_SPEED_UP_FACTOR = 1

CREATURE_TURN_SPEED_UP_FACTOR = 1

MILITIA_TURN_SPEED_UP_FACTOR = 1

CIVILIAN_TURN_SPEED_UP_FACTOR = 1

; In this section you can change sounds settings

[JA2 Sound Settings]

; Change to increase volume for weapon sounds

; Range: 0-100%

; 0 = no change

; 100 = max volume

WEAPON_SOUND_EFFECTS_VOLUME = 0

; In this section you can change tactical settings

[JA2 Tactical Settings]

; This setting determines if items on enemy soldiers have to be seen by mercs after combat

; or if they automatically reveal themselves when combat is over.

REVEAL_ITEMS_AFTER_COMBAT = TRUE

; Enable/disable militia command on tactical map

; Range: TRUE/FALSE

ALLOW_TACTICAL_MILITIA_COMMAND = TRUE

; Bonus APs for Enemy Soldiers:

; Number of extra APs for enemy troops at the various difficulty levels

NOVICE_AP_BONUS = 0

EXPERIENCED_AP_BONUS = 0

EXPERT_AP_BONUS = 0

INSANE_AP_BONUS = 5

; Bonus for the player's mercs

; Gives a flat AP Bonus to all player's mercenaries, it also pushes the AP Cap. Works almost exactly like the enemy AP bonus.

; Do not set this higher than 50.

PLAYER_AP_BONUS = 0

; Base sight range for every person in game (default 13 tiles) (will be multiplied by 2)

; Range: 0-255

BASE_SIGHT_RANGE = 13

; Controls how rain affects visual distance

; 0% - no decrease

; 100% - max

VISUAL_DISTANCE_DECREASE_PER_RAIN_INTENSITY = 30

; Enable/disable limited vision

ALLOW_LIMITED_VISION = TRUE

; In this section you can enable enemy tooltips. To display the tooltip move the mouse over the enemy and press ALT.

; Show information about selected person

ALLOW_SOLDIER_TOOL_TIPS = TRUE

; The minimum amount of information that soldier tooltips will display

; 1 = Limited - are they wearing any armor (but not where), general type of weapon

; (but no mention of attachments), do they have a gas mask or NVG.

; 2 = Basic - do they have a helmet, or a vest, or pants, general type of weapon

; and visible weapon attachments, do they have a gas mask or NVG.

; 3 = Full - includes exact types of armor, model of weapon and all attachments, and type of NVG.

; 4 = Debug - as Full, but also includes APs, Health, and other info for modders.

SOLDIER_TOOLTIP_DETAIL_LEVEL = 2

; If you have not choosen Full or Debug tooltip level, tooltips will only be displayed on the enemy,

; if you are not more than 13 tiles away and the enemy is in line of sight of the current selected merc.

DYNAMIC_SOLDIER_TOOLTIPS = TRUE

; Enable/disable individual lines of information within the tooltip

; Set HELMET and VEST and LEGGINGS to FALSE (all 3) to prevent the display of the armor line

; Set HEAD_SLOT_1 and HEAD_SLOT_2 both to FALSE to prevent the display of the NVG and gas mask lines

SOLDIER_TOOLTIP_DISPLAY_LOCATION = TRUE

SOLDIER_TOOLTIP_DISPLAY_BRIGHTNESS = TRUE

SOLDIER_TOOLTIP_DISPLAY_RANGE_TO_TARGET = TRUE

SOLDIER_TOOLTIP_DISPLAY_ID = TRUE

SOLDIER_TOOLTIP_DISPLAY_ORDERS = TRUE

SOLDIER_TOOLTIP_DISPLAY_ATTITUDE = TRUE

SOLDIER_TOOLTIP_DISPLAY_ACTIONPOINTS = TRUE

SOLDIER_TOOLTIP_DISPLAY_HEALTH = TRUE

SOLDIER_TOOLTIP_DISPLAY_HELMET = TRUE

SOLDIER_TOOLTIP_DISPLAY_VEST = TRUE

SOLDIER_TOOLTIP_DISPLAY_LEGGINGS = TRUE

SOLDIER_TOOLTIP_DISPLAY_HEAD_SLOT_1 = TRUE

SOLDIER_TOOLTIP_DISPLAY_HEAD_SLOT_2 = TRUE

SOLDIER_TOOLTIP_DISPLAY_WEAPON = TRUE

SOLDIER_TOOLTIP_DISPLAY_OFF_HAND = TRUE

SOLDIER_TOOLTIP_DISPLAY_BIG_SLOT_1 = TRUE

SOLDIER_TOOLTIP_DISPLAY_BIG_SLOT_2 = TRUE

SOLDIER_TOOLTIP_DISPLAY_BIG_SLOT_3 = TRUE

SOLDIER_TOOLTIP_DISPLAY_BIG_SLOT_4 = TRUE

SOLDIER_TOOLTIP_DISPLAY_BIG_SLOT_5 = TRUE

SOLDIER_TOOLTIP_DISPLAY_BIG_SLOT_6 = TRUE

SOLDIER_TOOLTIP_DISPLAY_BIG_SLOT_7 = TRUE

; This section controls Shift+F behaviour.

; Use this combination to to remove attachments and to unload all weapons in sector

; Set this to false to keep weapons loaded.

; Note that loaded weapon can be stolen by militia or enemy.

SHIFT_F_UNLOAD_WEAPONS = TRUE

; Set this to false to keep item attachments.

; Unseparable attachments will not be removed.

SHIFT_F_REMOVE_ATTACHMENTS = TRUE

; Armor coverage

ENABLE_ARMOR_COVERAGE = TRUE

; In this section you can change rain settings

[JA2 Rain Settings]

; In this section you can enable the rain.

; Enabled rain also includes new features to the game (e.g: visibility radius decrease when

; rainig, weapons reliability decreased when raining, possibility to spot the enemy at night

; with lightning)

; For slow CPUs decrease the MAX_RAIN_DROPS, or disable rain (ALLOW_RAIN=FALSE)

ALLOW_RAIN = TRUE

RAIN_CHANCE_PER_DAY = 40

RAIN_MIN_LENGTH_IN_MINUTES = 60

RAIN_MAX_LENGTH_IN_MINUTES = 300

MAX_RAIN_DROPS = 80

WEAPON_RELIABILITY_REDUCTION_PER_RAIN_INTENSITY = 0

BREATH_GAIN_REDUCTION_PER_RAIN_INTENSITY = 25

; In this section you can change thunder settings that appear in combination with rain

[JA2 Thunder Settings]

ALLOW_LIGHTNING = TRUE

MIN_INTERVAL_BETWEEN_LIGHTNINGS_IN_REAL_TIME_SECONDS = 2

MAX_INTERVAL_BETWEEN_LIGHTNINGS_IN_REAL_TIME_SECONDS = 15

MIN_INTERVAL_BETWEEN_LIGHTNING_AND_THUNDERCLAPS_IN_SECONDS = 1

MAX_INTERVAL_BETWEEN_LIGHTNING_AND_THUNDERCLAPS_IN_SECONDS = 5

PROLOGNE_DELAY_IF_SEEN_SOMEONE_DURING_LIGHTNING_IN_TURNBASED_IN_SECONDS = 5

CHANCE_TO_DO_LIGHTNING_BETWEEN_TURNS = 35

; In this section you can change global gameplay settings

[JA2 Gameplay Settings]

; These are the Starting cash values for the various difficulties.

; The only restriction with these, is the INT32 they are stored in.

NOVICE_CASH = 45000

EXPERIENCED_CASH = 35000

EXPERT_CASH = 1000000

INSANE_CASH = 15000

; Game starting time and merc arrival delay

;

; The values are in seconds (3600 = 1 hour)

;

; GAME_STARTING_TIME is time when the game starts. This will always be on Day 1 + GAME_STARTING_TIME

; FIRST_ARRIVAL_DELAY is a delay between game start and merc arrival

;

; Do not change this setting after the game has started

; Do not set the values too low

; Default value is 3600 (1am)

GAME_STARTING_TIME = 3600

; Default value is 21600 (7am)

FIRST_ARRIVAL_DELAY = 21600

; TRUE Enables the ability to sell items from the sector Inventory screen with ALT-LMB option.

; FALSE Turns off the option. PRICE_MODIFIER is a divisor, 4 = 25% of the item's value.

; Setting a value of 20 would mean 5% of the items value, and a value of 10 would mean 10%.

; Valid ranges for PRICE_MODIFIER are 1-100.

CAN_SELL_ALT_LMB = TRUE

PRICE_MODIFIER = 10

; Disables Pablo stealing things if set to TRUE

; Default value is false

STEALING_FROM_SHIPMENTS_DISABLED = FALSE

; Game progress weights

; Warning! The sum of all 3 variables have to be 100 or the variables will be reset to defaults

; Default 25

GAME_PROGRESS_KILLS = 25

; Default 25

GAME_PROGRESS_CONTROL = 25

; Default 50

GAME_PROGRESS_INCOME = 50

; Sectors visited

GAME_PROGRESS_VISITED = 0

; Time when some global events occur

; Default 35

GAME_PROGRESS_START_MADLAB_QUEST = 35

; Default 50

GAME_PROGRESS_MIKE_AVAILABLE = 50

; Default 70

GAME_PROGRESS_IGGY_AVAILABLE = 70

; Strategic Events on/off

; Can queen send troops to reinforce Drassen like she says she's going to in the Meanwhile...?

STRATEGIC_EVENT_SEND_TROOPS_TO_DRASSEN = TRUE

; Additional multipliers for weapons damage. Use it if you don't want edit datafiles.

; Range: 0-100

; 0 means no additional damage

; 50 means 150% damage (100 + 50)

; maximum damage (internal) is 255

EXPLOSIVES_DAMAGE_MULTIPLIER = 0

MELEE_DAMAGE_MULTIPLIER = 0

GUN_DAMAGE_MULTIPLIER = 0

; DO NOT LOWER ***MAX_STRATEGIC_TEAM_SIZE*** BELOW 20

;

; Basically the 1st set are the number of available troops the queen starts with in her

; reinforcements pool. The Second four are is How full the initial Garrisons/patrols are.

; The 3rd set are percentages of extra troops converted to ELITE by the Three highest difficulty levels.

; The last set is the minimum size of an enemy group. This is the smallest group size an enemy

; wants to travel with. And this option right under the comments, this is the largest size an

; enemy can attack with at one time. And thats kind of misleading, see, two groups of 20 could

; attack you at one time, only 20 would be shown in the sector, and as you slowly kill them off

; one at a time, they are replaced until the surpluss is under 20. (Mugsy, am I understanding that

; correctly?) Anyway, the most important thing, is that you DO NOT LOWER THIS NUMBER. It can and

; will crash your game. You can however raise it, but I would raise the MAX_MILITIA_PER_SECTOR along

; with it, otherwise you may find the need for your mercs to constantly babysit militia more than they do now.

MAX_STRATEGIC_TEAM_SIZE = 20

; Amount of troops avaliable to the queen at game start

NOVICE_QUEENS_POOL_OF_TROOPS = 150

EXPERIENCED_QUEENS_POOL_OF_TROOPS = 200

EXPERT_QUEENS_POOL_OF_TROOPS = 8000

INSANE_QUEENS_POOL_OF_TROOPS = 8000

; Initial group sizes for pre-placed garrisons when starting a new game

NOVICE_INITIAL_GARRISON_PERCENTAGES = 70

EXPERIENCED_INITIAL_GARRISON_PERCENTAGES = 100

EXPERT_INITIAL_GARRISON_PERCENTAGES = 150

INSANE_INITIAL_GARRISON_PERCENTAGES = 200

; Percent of troops converted to extra elites in enemy groups

EXPERIENCED_ELITE_BONUS = 0

EXPERT_ELITE_BONUS = 25

INSANE_ELITE_BONUS = 50

; Minimum enemy group size

NOVICE_MIN_ENEMY_GROUP_SIZE = 3

EXPERIENCED_MIN_ENEMY_GROUP_SIZE = 4

EXPERT_MIN_ENEMY_GROUP_SIZE = 6

INSANE_MIN_ENEMY_GROUP_SIZE = 12

; Sets the starting alert chances. Everytime an enemy arrives in a new sector, or the player,

; this is the chance the enemy will detect the player in adjacent sectors. This chance is associated

; with each side checked. Stationary groups do this check periodically.

NOVICE_ENEMY_STARTING_ALERT_LEVEL = 5

EXPERIENCED_ENEMY_STARTING_ALERT_LEVEL = 20

EXPERT_ENEMY_STARTING_ALERT_LEVEL = 60

INSANE_ENEMY_STARTING_ALERT_LEVEL = 80

; When an enemy spots and chases a player group, the alertness value decrements by this value. The

; higher the value, the less of a chance the enemy will spot and attack subsequent groups. This

; minimizes the aggressiveness of the enemy. Ranges from 1-100 (but recommend 20-60).

NOVICE_ENEMY_STARTING_ALERT_DECAY = 75

EXPERIENCED_ENEMY_STARTING_ALERT_DECAY = 50

EXPERT_ENEMY_STARTING_ALERT_DECAY = 25

INSANE_ENEMY_STARTING_ALERT_DECAY = 10

; The base time that the queen can think about reinforcements for refilling lost patrol groups,

; town garrisons, etc. She only is allowed one action per 'turn'.

NOVICE_TIME_EVALUATE_IN_MINUTES = 480

EXPERIENCED_TIME_EVALUATE_IN_MINUTES = 360

EXPERT_TIME_EVALUATE_IN_MINUTES = 180

INSANE_TIME_EVALUATE_IN_MINUTES = 90

; The variance added on.

NOVICE_TIME_EVALUATE_VARIANCE = 240

EXPERIENCED_TIME_EVALUATE_VARIANCE = 180

EXPERT_TIME_EVALUATE_VARIANCE = 120

INSANE_TIME_EVALUATE_VARIANCE = 60

; When a player takes control of a sector, don't allow any enemy reinforcements to enter the sector for a

; limited amount of time. This essentially dumbs down the AI, making it less aggressive.

NOVICE_GRACE_PERIOD_IN_HOURS = 144

EXPERIENCED_GRACE_PERIOD_IN_HOURS = 96

EXPERT_GRACE_PERIOD_IN_HOURS = 48

INSANE_GRACE_PERIOD_IN_HOURS = 6

; Defines how many days must pass before the queen is willing to refill a defeated patrol group.

NOVICE_PATROL_GRACE_PERIOD_IN_DAYS = 16

EXPERIENCED_PATROL_GRACE_PERIOD_IN_DAYS = 12

EXPERT_PATROL_GRACE_PERIOD_IN_DAYS = 8

INSANE_PATROL_GRACE_PERIOD_IN_DAYS = 2

; Certain conditions can cause the queen to go into a "full alert" mode. This means that temporarily, the queen's

; forces will automatically succeed adjacent checks until x number of enemy initiated battles occur. The same variable

; is what is used to determine the free checks.

NOVICE_NUM_AWARE_BATTLES = 1

EXPERIENCED_NUM_AWARE_BATTLES = 2

EXPERT_NUM_AWARE_BATTLES = 3

INSANE_NUM_AWARE_BATTLES = 4

; Determines whether or not the xxx_QUEENS_POOL_OF_TROOPS value above is ignored and set to unlimited

NOVICE_UNLIMITED_POOL_OF_TROOPS = FALSE

EXPERIENCED_UNLIMITED_POOL_OF_TROOPS = FALSE

EXPERT_UNLIMITED_POOL_OF_TROOPS = TRUE

INSANE_UNLIMITED_POOL_OF_TROOPS = TRUE

; Determines whether the queen takes an aggressive stance or a defensive stance (default) when it comes to retaking sectors

; and overall strategy. To ensure she doesn't run out of troops, make sure you either increase the reinforcement pool

; or enable unlimited reinforcements

NOVICE_QUEEN_AGGRESSIVE = FALSE

EXPERIENCED_QUEEN_AGGRESSIVE = FALSE

EXPERT_QUEEN_AGGRESSIVE = TRUE

INSANE_QUEEN_AGGRESSIVE = TRUE

; Settings for Strategic AI

;

; If ENEMY_INVESTIGATE_SECTOR is set to TRUE then the enemies from adjacent sectors of the city will come to investigate what

; happened when one of the city sectors is taken by player. It will happen only if the tactical view is active.

; This behavior was deactivated in original game.

;

; After the sector is taken by the player the game will check to see if there are any pending reinforcements for this sector.

; If REASSIGN_PENDING_REINFORCEMENTS is set to TRUE then their orders will be cancelled and the group reassigned.

; This is a feature that *dumbs* down the AI, and was activated in original to make the game easier.

ENEMY_INVESTIGATE_SECTOR = TRUE

REASSIGN_PENDING_REINFORCEMENTS = FALSE

; 0 = Use default drop item system for enemies (militia).

; 1 = Use the new drop item system from XML-Files (EnemyWeaponDrops.xml, EnemyAmmoDrops.xml, EnemyArmourDrops.xml,

; EnemyExplosiveDrops.xml, EnemyMiscDrops.xml) for enemies (and militia). You also have to disable "Enemies drop all items" in

; the option screen, to use the new drop system.

ENEMIES_ITEM_DROP = 1

; Should the game use the externalized sector loadscreens?

; If set to TRUE, the game will use the loadscreens defined in TableData\Map\SectorLoadscreens.xml.

; If set to FALSE, the game will use the default loadscreen for the sectors, like in Vanilla JA2.

USE_EXTERNALIZED_LOADSCREENS = TRUE

; Settings for mobile militia

;

; If you set MUST_TRAIN_MOBILE_MILITIA = TRUE

; Then you have to set ALLOW_MILITIA_MOBILE_GROUPS = TRUE

; as well. Otherwise you pay and get nothing. Also

; of note, you have to pay 2*MILITIA_TRAINING_COST

; for Mobile Militia Groups.

; Delay ability to train mobile militia till this day

ALLOW_MILITIA_MOBILE_DELAY = 1

; Delay ability to train veteran militia till this day

TRAIN_VETERAN_MILITIA_DELAY = 1

; Allows the training of Veteran Militia

TRAIN_VETERAN_MILITIA = TRUE

; Allows militia to move on strategic map

ALLOW_MILITIA_MOBILE_GROUPS = TRUE

; Forces paying and training mobile militia.

MUST_TRAIN_MOBILE_MILITIA = TRUE

; Allows militia reinforcements from near sectors

ALLOW_REINFORCEMENTS = TRUE

; Allows militia reinforcements only in cities

ALLOW_REINFORCEMENTS_ONLY_IN_CITIES = FALSE

; Amount of troops that will be added to queens army when the troops pool is empty

QUEEN_POOL_INCREMENT_PER_DIFFICULTY_LEVEL = 60

; Will create a squad each n hours (12 for example). Should divide 24 without remainder

CREATE_EACH_N_HOURS = 24

; Divisor for mobile group size

DIV_OF_ORIGINAL_MILITIA = 4

; Minimum possible militia squad size

MINIMUM_MILITIA_SQUAD_SIZE = 5

; Maximum possible militia squad size

MAXIMUM_MILITIA_SQUAD_SIZE = 20

; MAX_MILITIA_PER_SECTOR defines the max number of Militia that can be trained in each sector.

; Keep in mind that there is not enough room on the strategic map to display more than 20

; Militia per sector correctly (could possibly change) but they will still be there to defend,

; and you can still train them, and it will still cost you.

; MAX_TRAINING_SQUAD_SIZE is the number of Militia you train at one time for the price of:

; MILITIA_TRAINING_COST which is the cost of training militia.

; MIN_LOYALTY_TO_TRAIN is the lowest loyalty a town can have and still allow you to train Militia.

MAX_MILITIA_PER_SECTOR = 20

MAX_TRAINING_SQUAD_SIZE = 10

MILITIA_TRAINING_COST = 750

; Price Modifier for training Mobile Militia

MILITIA_COST_MODIFIER = 3

; Price Modifier for Promoting to Regular

REGULAR_COST_MODIFIER = 1

; Price Modifier for Promoting to Veteran

VETERAN_COST_MODIFIER = 2

MIN_LOYALTY_TO_TRAIN = 20

; This setting will restrict your roaming militia from entering any sectors

; defined in RestrictedRoamingMilitia.xml

RESTRICT_ROAMING = FALSE

; Repairing

; Number we divide the total pts accumlated per day by for each assignment period

; Higher number = slower repair rate

ASSIGNMENT_UNITS_PER_DAY = 24

; Assignment Settings:

; The following settings control various rates/speeds/effectiveness

; of the different merc assignments (repair, train, doctor, etc)

; The amount time must be on assignment before it can have any effect

; theoretically, everything will go faster if this is lower...

MINUTES_FOR_ASSIGNMENT_TO_COUNT = 45

; Skill Training

; Min value required to train a skill

TRAINING_SKILL_MIN = 0

; Max value to which a skill can be trained

TRAINING_SKILL_MAX = 100

; Divisor for rate of self-training; reduce to speed all skill training

SELF_TRAINING_DIVISOR = 1000

; The divisor for rate of training bonus due to instructors influence

; Reduce to speed trainer/student training

; This value gets added to the self training divisor when calculating training points

INSTRUCTED_TRAINING_DIVISOR = 3000

; The bonus to training in marksmanship in the Alma gun range sector

GUN_RANGE_TRAINING_BONUS = 25

; Militia Training

; This controls how fast town militia gets trained

MILITIA_TRAINING_RATE = 4

; Limits the number of mercs assigned to militia training in a single sector

MAX_MILITIA_TRAINERS_PER_SECTOR = 2

; Training bonus for EACH level of Teaching skill (percentage points) (ie: Expert = double)

; Also applies to training militia

TEACH_BONUS_TO_TRAIN = 30

; Militia training bonus for RPC (percentage points)

; RPCs (Ira, Miguel, etc) train militia a bit faster

RPC_BONUS_TO_TRAIN_MILITIA = 10

; The minimum skill rating that is need to teach a fellow teammate

MIN_RATING_TO_TEACH = 25

; Doctoring

; for reference: OKLIFE = 15

; Activity levels for natural healing ( the higher the number, the slower the natural recover rate)

; Low = patient, high = working

LOW_ACTIVITY_LEVEL = 1

MEDIUM_ACTIVITY_LEVEL = 4

HIGH_ACTIVITY_LEVEL = 12

; Increase to reduce doctoring pts, or vice versa

; At 2400, the theoretical maximum is 150 full healing pts/day

DOCTORING_RATE_DIVISOR = 2400

; How many points of healing each hospital patients gains per hour in the hospital

; A top merc doctor can heal about 4 pts/hour maximum, but that's spread among patients!

HOSPITAL_HEALING_RATE = 5

; Base skill to deal with an emergency (when a patient has less than OKLIFE health left)

BASE_MEDICAL_SKILL_TO_DEAL_WITH_EMERGENCY = 20

; Multiplier for skill needed for each point below OKLIFE

MULTIPLIER_FOR_DIFFERENCE_IN_LIFE_VALUE_FOR_EMERGENCY = 4

; Number of pts needed for each point below OKLIFE

POINT_COST_PER_HEALTH_BELOW_OKLIFE = 2

; Cost to unjam a weapon in repair pts

REPAIR_COST_PER_JAM = 2

; Increase to reduce repair pts, or vice versa

REPAIR_RATE_DIVISOR = 2500

; Determines whether ammo weight is calculated based on the number of bullets remaining in a clip

DYNAMIC_AMMO_WEIGHT = TRUE

; The following options require a new game in order to work:

; Determines whether crepitus / creatures show up in SCI-FI MODE (only - they can never show up in realistic mode)

ENABLE_CREPITUS = TRUE

; Determines whether all the terrorists are available, or whether they're chosen at random (default)

ENABLE_ALL_TERRORISTS = FALSE

; Determines whether all the warehouses/weapons caches are available, or whether they're chosen at random (default)

ENABLE_ALL_WEAPON_CACHES = FALSE

; Determines speed of progress for enemy items choice. FALSE is an old style progress, TRUE is a new one.

; Can be switched in the middle of your campagin, but will break weapon balance in such case.

; It's better to change this before starting a new game

SLOW_PROGRESS_FOR_ENEMY_ITEMS_CHOICE = FALSE

; Vehicle Inventory

VEHICLE_INVENTORY = TRUE

; If the game difficult level is INSANE, the game progress is above 25% and the

; enemy outnumbers the players, then there is a chance of the enemies ambushing the group

; If you like to play vanilla JA2 style, set ENABLE_CHANCE_OF_ENEMY_AMBUSHES_ON_INSANE_DIFFICULT = FALSE

; INFO: In svn release exe this property is always set to TRUE until a new exe will be released!

; ENABLE_CHANCE_OF_ENEMY_AMBUSHES_ON_INSANE_DIFFICULT = TRUE

; Slay Forever

SLAY_FOREVER = FALSE

; Loose round reload system.

; AP_COST_PER_ROUND represents the AP cost to reload a single round of ammunition

; WRONG_MAG_MULT is the multiplier applied to reload AP cost when trying to reload from an improper sized mag

AP_COST_PER_ROUND = 2

WRONG_MAG_MULT = 1.5

; Allow the item description and stack popup windows to be accessed from the sector inventory panel

ALLOW_SECTOR_DESCRIPTION_WINDOW = TRUE

; Use the new bullet tracer animation instead of the classic bullet animation?

USE_BULLET_TRACERS = FALSE

<= MAX_STRATEGIC_TEAM_SIZE

;

; _ELITE_BONUS = 1-100 (percentages)

;

I'm thinking possibly attack Cambria. Its a long fight but easier than the Drassen counterattack, plus there is lots of good supplies in the city.

If I go to Drassen first and take only two sectors, I would still have to leave some the mercs as garrison units to help defend the town. I'm reluctant to split the team this early. Of the 16 mercs only 6 are good combat mercs. The rest are mostly support and training.

If I go to Drassen first and take only two sectors, I would still have to leave some the mercs as garrison units to help defend the town. I'm reluctant to split the team this early. Of the 16 mercs only 6 are good combat mercs. The rest are mostly support and training.

Well, if the counter attack could possibly be that devastating (I haven't tried 1.13 on expert), maybe Cambria isn't such a bad idea. What about Chitzena?

Our expensive mercs probably aren't insured, so we better make them last all two weeks if possible :p