What are you playing now?

Gorth

Worms 2: Armageddon demo... i had to see if it's worth waiting for pc :)

What's wrong with the old Armageddon? It was pretty awesome.

It still is, i'm just trying out the new worms since they're in 2d again. If i don't like them i can still go back an enjoy the original.

1.13 killed off Ja2.

Incidentally, he was also the writer for the character (for those who didn't know).
Even better. He's the protagonist of the 90's cult show Address Unknown!

au1.jpg

au4.jpg

au3.jpg

Hahahhah, "It was the Flamingo!"

Max Payne 2 was a blast, but the first one had a more likeable protagonist by far.

Heck, I haven't done this WAYPN? thing for a while. Been without internet for the better part of two months. Fortunately that has left me a lot of time to play:

I finished the Witcher the day before yesterday, finally too, I might admit, and moved on to the side adventures, of which at least PoN was pretty good. Side effects has mostly been a grind so far, but that's somewhat the point of the story. No complaints there, especially since they obviously decided that the same identical models for everyone just wouldn't do this time.

After buying Sam n' Max season 1 from a game sale, I've been torn apart on whether I love it or not. Not that it isn't well done or funny, but the tv show shtick really isn't my thing. I've only played the two first episodes so far though. Really brilliant parts all around, especially the psychotherapy session and Sam's dream.

"My name's Brrraaddy Cultture. Yours is not. Too bad."

Funnily enough, I finally played to the bitter end in Knights of the OR 2 and immediately read a post-mortem with all the cut parts. Brilliant game, half done. Like asking for cordon bleu and the garcon bringing tartar sauce with it. Mesmerizing, tantalizing, but completely disappointing.

Besides those few gems, Civ IV eats my time steadily, I've contemplated throwing the BTS dvd to the dumpster, but that would just mean I'd dig my vanilla Civ IV iso from the depths of the hard drive. Feeding my addiction, there's a few total conversions that I have my eye on, especially Planetfall, since Alpha Centauri 2 is still a couple of years away. Man, the glory days of yore, farming kelp and busting mindworms and fanatics with illegal gas weapons! Energy monopoly and trade embargo on the human hive! Alien pirates on the high seas!

I'm visiting friends and relatives right now, which explains the being online thing. It's also the reason why "RESIDENT EVIL...FIVE!" and "CHHRRIIISSS" have been a bit too frequent on my eardrums. The game is like playing a really horrible exploitation d-movie converted into an anime. With covert racism as a seasoning. It's also a brilliant co-op game and tons of fun.

On that regard, freaking Street Fighter 4, FREAKING STREET FIGHTER 4

kirottu said:
I was raised by polar bears. I had to fight against blood thirsty wolves and rabid penguins to get my food. Those who were too weak to survive were sent to Sweden.

It has made me the man I am today. A man who craves furry hentai.

So let us go and embrace the rustling smells of unseen worlds

Very nice, young fellow. I'm still playing through Max Payne 2. I agree about the protagonist. I prefer 2 in virtually every way except for the protagonist. I don't know if that's because Max Payne is the first one in my mind or if I just see the character as more of that guy with the crazy crooked 'yeah, I knew I was going to die the whole time' smile on his face.

I'm thinking seriously of installing PS:T again and running one of the newer mods. The reason I would do that is to play it with my wife. I can show it on the big screen TV and I think she might dig it.

It'll love to play some PS:T, I never finished it back when I bought it and I took out again because of the "new" resolution mods!

But I just can't get it to work with the mods.. If I copy all the content on to the drives it just won't recognize my CD as legit, gods know why?, and if I don't the mod doesn't work... >_<

I've searched the webs and it seems to be related to my specific version (2 cds).. but I can't find a solution that works..

Fortune favors the bald.

I think fixing that is as simple as finding an .ini file or something, and changing the path for your CD.

Unfortunately no.. changing the ini files only makes the computer look for the content of the CDs on the HD, it still needs the disks to verify it's a legit copy - and somewhere along that road it doesn't seem to think mine is real..

Fortune favors the bald.

You've probably already thought of this but, why not use a no-CD patch?

Again a version issue, there isn't a no-cd patch I can find which circumvents the problem..

But this thread isn't about my PS:T issues, thanks for replying though!

Fortune favors the bald.

Hey, bro, enough spam makes it way into this thread. There shouldn't be a problem with helping with a legit problem.
That's true. It's always hairy business to discuss no-CD patches here, for obvious reasons, though. He's probably better off asking on the mod's board anyway - they know their stuff better over there, and guest posting is allowed.

- When he is best, he is a little worse than a man, and when he is worst, he is little better than a beast.

Batting my way around Too Human again, and of course my staple of WoW (12/13 in Ulduar).

Kinda in the mood for a FPS but not sure which one to play again.

Victor of the 5 year fan fic competition!

Kevin Butler will awesome your face off.

I think fixing that is as simple as finding an .ini file or something, and changing the path for your CD.

Unfortunately no.. changing the ini files only makes the computer look for the content of the CDs on the HD, it still needs the disks to verify it's a legit copy - and somewhere along that road it doesn't seem to think mine is real..

I remember getting my game to work with a very, very simple fix like this. Perhaps you bought yours later and it has tighter CD Copy Protection?

I may have missed a step or something, but it was really super easy to get the game to run off the hard drive.

I'm running BG2 off my HD via .ISO files right now -I ripped them so I did not have to carry the discs around- and all it required was either installing from the HD or changing the ini. :)

"Geez. It's like we lost some sort of bet and ended up saddled with a bunch of terrible new posters on this forum."

-Hurlshot

I've been checking out a few modules for NWN2. First up, I went fo Christian Mayr's A Bet, A Corpse. The word "insane" is best applied to this; it's eccentric, frequently psychedelically lit (no, seriously - there are more than a few areas like the inside of a lava lamp), and either I'm playing it wrong, or it's quite bugged, too. There's no XP and virtually no combat, either - this is basically a very screwed-up adventure game.

I'd try the Purgatorio demo, but I'm on a d/l limit, and that thing is huge.

Edited by Darth InSidious

This particularly rapid, unintelligible patter isn't generally heard, and if it is, it doesn't matter.

Worms 2 : Armageddon full version.

hmmm the more i play this, the more i want to play the original game. If only this is getting on PC, i might as well forget about it.

1.13 killed off Ja2.

People respond to you all the time, you yutz! Although I wasn't a huge fan of the Staw Wars Battlefront game I played. Wasn't horrible, just not my cup o' tea.

After like 15 posts later, I just think it's weird. Just these threads in the Comp and Console threads.

deicideLogo5.jpg