V

Purkake

Hey, I don't have a problem with intelligent drama, SF is a solid vehicle for that. Jericho was good, for example.

What I don't get is the apparent necessity of US TV companies suddenly using ageing, cheesy IP like Galactica and 'V' to do it.

Cheers

MC

On the bright side, the next generation will be so fed up with the lack of original ideas that we will see nothing but completly new and probably uninteresting ideas for a few years - only to have the next generation continue the cycle and remake the old "original" ideas in "better" and "smarter" ways..

I call it -= The Hollywood Food-Chain =-

Fortune favors the bald.

Except for hamster-devouring-scene and shedding skin-scene, i cannot remember anything about V. I was maybe 5 or so when it premiered.

I really hope that it will be "Aliens just want to enslave humanity"-series, since that was cool part about it, i think :p

I cant remember much either but a few points that I do:

1) The V's were actually a genetically engineered slave race that escaped from the true bad guys. (or maybe that was their cover story)

2) Due to said engineering, they had two hearts to make them tougher.

3) Salt water was like sulfuric acid to them.

Edited by Gfted1

Except for hamster-devouring-scene and shedding skin-scene, i cannot remember anything about V. I was maybe 5 or so when it premiered.

I really hope that it will be "Aliens just want to enslave humanity"-series, since that was cool part about it, i think :p

1) The V's were actually a genetically engineered slave race that escaped from the true bad guys. (or maybe that was their cover story)

And milk made them drunk. They'd be able to have awesome parties here on Earth, but instead they want to slave all of humanity :)

You're thinking about the Newcomers in Alien Nation.

And milk made them drunk. They'd be able to have awesome parties here on Earth, but instead they want to slave all of humanity :p

Again, Newcomers in Alien Nation.

Alien_Nation.jpg

"When is this out. I can't wait to play it so I can talk at length about how bad it is." - Gorgon.

Alien Nation was great fun and a great idea. I remember the aliens hearing sex between humans and thinking someone was in danger.

"My hovercraft is full of eels!" - Hungarian tourist
I am Dan Quayle of the Romans.
I want to tattoo a map of the Netherlands on my nether lands.
Heja Sverige!!
Everyone should cuffawkle more.
The wrench is your friend. :bat:

• 4 months later...

How come alien female human/human thingies aren't fat with acne?

Notice how I can belittle your beliefs without calling you names. It's a useful skill to have particularly where you aren't allowed to call people names. It's a mistake to get too drawn in/worked up. I mean it's not life or death, it's just two guys posting their thoughts on a message board. If it were personal or face to face all the usual restraints would be in place, and we would never have reached this place in the first place. Try to remember that.

Not another V for Vendetta. Disappointed.

"Alright, I've been thinking. When life gives you lemons, don't make lemonade - make life take the lemons back! Get mad! I don't want your damn lemons, what am I supposed to do with these? Demand to see life's manager. Make life rue the day it thought it could give Cave Johnson lemons. Do you know who I am? I'm the man who's gonna burn your house down! With the lemons. I'm going to to get my engineers to invent a combustible lemon that burns your house down!"

The pilot was pretty good and actually set everything up nicely unlike a number of other pilots. I didn't expect to like Juliet's character, but she's really good and most others are at least likable, except for the TV douche of course. I totally did not expect Alan Tudyk,

too bad that he apparently died

. Morena Baccarin is still cute as a button, even if short hair doesn't really fit her. I can totally see her pulling off the evil Diana thing.

They pretty much jumped over their biggest hurdle by putting the Visitors reveal and the rebellion thing in the first episode instead of dragging it out. The TV interview intercut with the rebellion meeting was really well done.

Looking forward to more.

Edited by Purkake