What you did today

Gorth

I met someone this week. Nice lady, 34 professional (sort of), divorced no kids. I'm taking her to dinner tomorrow night. Not expecting a Shryke night but you never know...

"While it is true you learn with age, the down side is what you often learn is what a damn fool you were before"

Thomas Sowell

Not expecting a Shryke night but you never know...

certainly i wouldn't invite shryke... not that he's not a stand-up guy or anything, just that there might wind up being some "shryke night" while you're sitting at home with a beer, your dogs, and some boring blowout baseball game on the tube.

taks

comrade taks... just because.

Heh, I'd hang out with Shryke if I wanted to meet women. But not when I've already found one. That dude has the Kavorka!

Kudos if you get that reference! :lol:

"While it is true you learn with age, the down side is what you often learn is what a damn fool you were before"

Thomas Sowell

Both of my bosses left hours before quitting time. I spent the rest of the day trying to fix thier computers and get the office's wireless printer to work.

My car battery is dead. So until I scrape up enough cash to replace it, I have to bus/walk home or bum a ride. It was 102 out, and by the time I got home, my clothes were soaked. I showered, crashed into bed, and woke up around eight pm. I fixed Singapore street noodles for dinner, which was much harder than it ought to have been, read a little, and then worked on my short story. I headed back to bed around 4 am and slept until 2 pm when my cat barged into my room and used me as a trampoline.

2 pm! I haven't slept well for most of the week, but that's just ridiculous.

Also, a conversation I had yesterday.

Boss 1: We're going to have a meeting with XXX. Would you like to come? (Note: XXX is the website designer. There's no need to meet with him as he's finished with the company website. Now we just need to upload content.)

Me: Sure, I finished proofing the articles. What time?

Boss 1: One o'clock this sunday. (Note: Sunday?! You could have told me you were having a meeting on the weekend. Pointless meeting during week = fine. Pointless meeting during weekend = not so fine.)

Me: Um, well, my car. It's still not fixed, so I don't think I could make it...

Boss 2: That's no problem. I'll come pick you up. Don't worry.

Me: ... thanks.

Now I'm trying to think up a way to get out of this.

Edited by Maria Caliban

"When is this out. I can't wait to play it so I can talk at length about how bad it is." - Gorgon.

When my insomnia gets too bad I stay awake the whole night and the next day as a sort of cure. It does require that I have nothing scheduled though, even though my body isn't tired my brain goes into power saving mode and functions at around half capacity.

Na na  na na  na na  ...

greg358 from Darksouls 3 PVP is a CHEATER.

That is all.

Yeah you committed already and so did your boss. Even though it's less work for him to pick you up, it shows a weakness and you don't want to do that. You've made the obligation and unfortunately you must stick with it. But there's always an upside right? Might get to eat some delicious food stuffs (unless its at work..) but more importantly it sounds more like a personal experience rather than a professional call. If your boss didn't like you he most likely wouldn't have bothered since your not needed. Play your cards right and you two could be "friends" which could mean raise, promotion or just a little slack every now and then.

Edited by theslug

There was a time when I questioned the ability for the schizoid to ever experience genuine happiness, at the very least for a prolonged segment of time. I am no closer to finding the answer, however, it has become apparent that contentment is certainly a realizable goal. I find these results to be adequate, if not pleasing. Unfortunately, connection is another subject entirely. When one has sufficiently examined the mind and their emotional constructs, connection can be easily imitated. More data must be gleaned and further collated before a sufficient judgment can be reached.

Say your girlfriend insists you need to be around to meet her parents. Girlfriends can't be reasoned with, so he has no comeback. :(

"It wasn't lies. It was just... bull****"."

-Elwood Blues

tarna's dead; processing... complete. Disappointed by Universe. RIP Hades/Sand/etc. Here's hoping your next alt has a harp.

When my insomnia gets too bad I stay awake the whole night and the next day as a sort of cure. It does require that I have nothing scheduled though, even though my body isn't tired my brain goes into power saving mode and functions at around half capacity.

I'm so hardcore I stay awake longer than my insomnia!

I'm so hardcore I stay awake longer than my insomnia!

No, it's a real pain in the ass, anyone who has ever suffered from the real deal will tell you. Fortunately I respond well to pills.

Na na  na na  na na  ...

greg358 from Darksouls 3 PVP is a CHEATER.

That is all.

Would have been easier to dodge out when he first mentioned it was a sunday, say you had plans, whatever. Too late now, unless some family emergency could magically pop up.

I was tricked! He got me to commit and *then* he told me it was on Sunday.

"When is this out. I can't wait to play it so I can talk at length about how bad it is." - Gorgon.

Shryke got married??
I think even castration (by an envious male) would be more likely than marriage :ermm:

Shryke, you don't know what you're doing obviously ;) Good luck though!

Today, I slept loooong and well, thought about ordering another pair of white/silver lenses (they're friggin expensive and I don't know which brand, stores never let you try them out :(), met neighbours, texted a pretty gal and still waiting for reply, thought about database theory even if I've got some days off, and, uhm, that's it so far.

Citizen of a country with a racist, hypocritical majority

Shryke got married??

god no! :lol:

gotz a new girlfriend, so no more nights of drunken debauchery - unless it's with her :teehee:

when your mind works against you - fight back with substance abuse!