NHL

• 1 month later...

None. All in Swedish and the latest news (only an hour old) is a text message from Sundin saying he hasn't decided anything yet. It's some friend of his that's talked to a sports reporter in my home town. They're usually very thorough and don't publish news unless they're correct so I don't know what to believe.

Swedes, go to: Spel2, for the latest game reviews in swedish!

• 3 weeks later...
I can't post links from my phone, but I just read that San Jose traded away some salary to Vancouver. I wonder what they have planned. Heatley, perhaps?

SJ shipped Ehrhoff and Lukowich to the Canucks, interesting. Ehrhoff makes 3 million a season, so it definitely clears space. He has great speed, but he misses the net like crazy when he releases his shot. I'm actually more upset about Lukowich, he is a very solid stay at home D-man with a low price tag.

I'm definitely interested to see what happens next, should be interesting.

That Mike Komisarek video was hilarious :brows:

Depending on what the Sharks would have to give up for Heatley, they could be even more of a threat than they are already. I could see him, and Thornton having 100+ points easily with Thornton with 80 assists, and Heatley with 50-60 goals.

DWARVES IN PROJECT ETERNITY = VOLOURN HAS PLEDGED $250.

Hopefully, but I am a bit concerned that Heatley is on the downside of his career. Time will tell, I guess.

I wonder who they will give up. I don't think it's Marleau, at least the front office is playing it close to the chest if it is him. My guess is Cheechoo and someone else, maybe Michalek.

Of course they could go another direction completely and not get Heatley at all, who knows! I really expected this to happen in July.

Honestly the only trade between the two teams I can see happening is Marleau for Heatley.

Well, Ottawa isn't in a good spot here, as Heatley has made it very clear he wants out, and with his no trade clause he can nix most teams that would offer much. So SJ isn't going to offer Marleau easily. Originally I thought Cheechoo and Ehrhoff, and maybe a prospect, would be good enough. Now I'm thinking Cheechoo, a 1st rounder (they just got one from Vancouver) and maybe someone else.

Marleau for Heatley is a fairly even trade. He may not have Heatley's numbers, but Marleau is a pretty amazing player and he is a consummate team guy, a big change from Heatley.

Didn't Marleau just get stripped of the Captaincy? Obviously, the Sharks aren't that impressed with him if they are gonna trash him like that.

Marleau was a pretty solid captain IMO, I'd be upset with the organization if they took it away from him

The whole captaincy thing is about trying to shake the team up enough to play better in the playoffs. It's an odd situation really, I think it's more about looking for a scapegoat. The fact that Marleau isn't pissed off and asking for a trade speaks well of his attitude. Although maybe he needs to be more of a son of a bitch to be an effective captain. I don't know, it's the only sport where being a captain seems important, nobody even cares about football and baseball team captains.

The whole captaincy thing is about trying to shake the team up enough to play better in the playoffs. It's an odd situation really, I think it's more about looking for a scapegoat. The fact that Marleau isn't pissed off and asking for a trade speaks well of his attitude. Although maybe he needs to be more of a son of a bitch to be an effective captain. I don't know, it's the only sport where being a captain seems important, nobody even cares about football and baseball team captains.

Correct me if I'm wrong here, but in the NHL is it true that only the team Captain can speak/argue with the referees?

"While it is true you learn with age, the down side is what you often learn is what a damn fool you were before"

Thomas Sowell

Correct me if I'm wrong here, but in the NHL is it true that only the team Captain can speak/argue with the referees?

Yes, but I've never seen a ref reverse a call, so I wouldn't call that crucial.

It's not about reversing calls, but asking for clarification and bringing issues to the referee. Though at the pro level it's much less of an issue. Refs don't hand out unsportsmanlike penalties any time a player talks to them.

• 2 weeks later...