NHL

"Since Ovechkin became captain on January 5th, Washington has won 11 of 12 games and scored at least four goals in all but one of them."

I guess he's taking that captaincy seriously.

Swedes, go to: Spel2, for the latest game reviews in swedish!

"Since Ovechkin became captain on January 5th, Washington has won 11 of 12 games and scored at least four goals in all but one of them."

I guess he's taking that captaincy seriously.

He's not the only one...Eric Staal has like 8 goals in the last 4 or 5 games since he's been named captain, best he's played all year

Now THAT's what I call a trade! Giguere and Phaneuf to Toronto for scraps and a bag of pucks (Stajan, Hagman, White, Mayers, Toskala)! We were stacked on d-men so even though White is good, we can cover for him. Toskala was being outplayed by The Monster so he's no big loss and Giguere is better anyhow. The only one I'll miss is Hagman since he's shown flashes of brilliance and he can score goals. Just needed a better center. Oh well, I'm hoping our loss in offence is made up by the huge increase in defence!

It's too late to salvage this season, but a good (lucky) draft pick and this type of rebuilding and I'm already looking forward to the 2010/11 season!

That's a big trade! Definitely an upgrade in goal and D for the Leafs. They should be a lot more competitive next year.

I'm not sure how this will play out for the Flames. The Ducks had two good goalies, so it's not a huge shake up for them and probably frees up money.

Now THAT's what I call a trade! Giguere and Phaneuf to Toronto for scraps and a bag of pucks (Stajan, Hagman, White, Mayers, Toskala)! We were stacked on d-men so even though White is good, we can cover for him. Toskala was being outplayed by The Monster so he's no big loss and Giguere is better anyhow. The only one I'll miss is Hagman since he's shown flashes of brilliance and he can score goals. Just needed a better center. Oh well, I'm hoping our loss in offence is made up by the huge increase in defence!

It's too late to salvage this season, but a good (lucky) draft pick and this type of rebuilding and I'm already looking forward to the 2010/11 season!

You missed out on Blake as well. He was part of the Giguere trade. Your offence has been pretty much gutted. Stajan, Hagman, White and Blake were 4 of your top 8 point producers. -_-

So when is Burke going to pick up someone that can skate with and feed the puck to Kessel?

Why couldn't they have traded Phaneuf before last nights game? Not that itwould have mattered.

Oh, and Mkreku, I don't think Toronto has a high draft pick this year, they lost it to Boston in the Kessel deal.

bnwdancer9ma7pk.gif

Jaguars4ever is still alive.  No word of a lie.

I can't really say that any team lost out in the deals today.

Anaheim saves nearly 3 million a year swapping Blake for Giguere. Blake could either end up on the third line on the Ducks or push for 30 goals. Toskala is off the books at the end of the year.

Calgary gets secondary scoring for the stretch, and get to keep a three time 20 goal man for 2 more years. Stajan is a UFA, so who knows where he'll end up.

Toronto gets a Stanley Cup winning goaltender and two young defencemen. They probably took the worst shot in the pocketbook, but its not like the Buds lack for any sort of cash.

I might even be able to view Phaneuf a little more objectively, since he won't be demolishing any Oilers for the next little while.

Edited by Kor Qel Droma

bnwdancer9ma7pk.gif

If Jokinen can get back to his old Florida form, then the Rangers made a great trade last night. If not, no loss anyhow. Toronto sure could have used a center like Jokinen though.

Why can't the Devils ever put together a trade like that? They really need someone up front with Parise, even more now that Elias is out. Can't help but hope by some miracle Kovalchuk will come our way when the playoffs get here

Looks like your wish has been granted, pal!

I'm just glad he didn't go to the western conference.

bnwdancer9ma7pk.gif

I'm surprised Atlanta was willing to take Patrice Cormier in that deal for Kovalchuk, after his elbow on that kid in juniors he is going to have a pretty rough reputation following him.

Looks like the 1st round pick is the only real valuable thing they got.