New S.T.A.L.K.E.R. Game

Until further notice, there can not be too many S.T.A.L.K.E.R. games. Good news :lol:

“He who joyfully marches to music in rank and file has already earned my contempt. He has been given a large brain by mistake, since for him the spinal cord would surely suffice.” - Albert Einstein

I wonder how badly the quest system is going to be designed.

My guess - pretty ****ing badly.

They've already said that they're giving up on faction wars and there will be 70 uniquely placed and designed quests (ie not procedurally generated)

If they bring it to consoles without actually making it for consoles (ala FEAR 1), then I'll be happy.

"Alright, I've been thinking. When life gives you lemons, don't make lemonade - make life take the lemons back! Get mad! I don't want your damn lemons, what am I supposed to do with these? Demand to see life's manager. Make life rue the day it thought it could give Cave Johnson lemons. Do you know who I am? I'm the man who's gonna burn your house down! With the lemons. I'm going to to get my engineers to invent a combustible lemon that burns your house down!"

No, not what I meant.

I love when good PC games are ported to the 360 so I can actually play them, but I don't like when they simplify it/consolise it. See FEAR1 and FEAR2. First was a pure PC shooter and the second was a generic pile of **** with what most people would call typical console gameplay changes (Quick time events, blooooooom and incredibly annoying intrusive UI).

I like PC games a lot, I just don't have a good PC. :)

"Alright, I've been thinking. When life gives you lemons, don't make lemonade - make life take the lemons back! Get mad! I don't want your damn lemons, what am I supposed to do with these? Demand to see life's manager. Make life rue the day it thought it could give Cave Johnson lemons. Do you know who I am? I'm the man who's gonna burn your house down! With the lemons. I'm going to to get my engineers to invent a combustible lemon that burns your house down!"

No, not what I meant.

I love when good PC games are ported to the 360 so I can actually play them, but I don't like when they simplify it/consolise it. See FEAR1 and FEAR2. First was a pure PC shooter and the second was a generic pile of **** with what most people would call typical console gameplay changes (Quick time events, blooooooom and incredibly annoying intrusive UI).

I really don't think STALKER could ever work on a console without MASSIVE compromises. Sorry :)

No, not what I meant.

I really don't think STALKER could ever work on a console without MASSIVE compromises. Sorry :)

Which is really a shame.

No, not what I meant.

Which is really a shame.

For you. I think it's great :)

I dont see why you would have to change anything for a console version of the game. The only thing is that you might have to add a tiny bit of auto-aim/snap-to-target so people can aim with the thumbsticks.

DISCLAIMER: Do not take what I write seriously unless it is clearly and in no uncertain terms, declared by me to be meant in a serious and non-humoristic manner. If there is no clear indication, asume the post is written in jest. This notification is meant very seriously and its purpouse is to avoid misunderstandings and the consequences thereof. Furthermore; I can not be held accountable for anything I write on these forums since the idea of taking serious responsability for my unserious actions, is an oxymoron in itself.

Important: as the following sentence contains many naughty words I warn you not to read it under any circumstances; botty, knickers, wee, erogenous zone, psychiatrist, clitoris, stockings, bosom, poetry reading, dentist, fellatio and the department of agriculture.

"I suppose outright stupidity and complete lack of taste could also be considered points of view. "

No, not what I meant.

I like PC games a lot, I just don't have a good PC. :ermm:

I really don't think STALKER could ever work on a console without MASSIVE compromises. Sorry >_<

Which is really a shame.

For you. I think it's great :)

You just hate consoles, don't you? Did it burn down your village and kill your mentor?

20795.jpg

As much as I loved STALKER:SOC, I felt STALKER:CS was somewhat shoddy and unremarkable. A lot of good fixes were made to the gameplay systems, such as the AI and weapon upgrades, but that was counterbalanced by poorly utilized maps, an even worse story than SOC, loss of the underground maps and locations, almost no additonal enemies and weapons (giving the same weapons, new names doesn't count), and a general loss of atmosphere.

The fact that the faction wars are being canned is good news though.

I wonder how buggy this game will be? Will it be:

a) very buggy

b) insanely buggy

c) the buggiest game ever made

Notice how I can belittle your beliefs without calling you names. It's a useful skill to have particularly where you aren't allowed to call people names. It's a mistake to get too drawn in/worked up. I mean it's not life or death, it's just two guys posting their thoughts on a message board. If it were personal or face to face all the usual restraints would be in place, and we would never have reached this place in the first place. Try to remember that.

I dont see why you would have to change anything for a console version of the game. The only thing is that you might have to add a tiny bit of auto-aim/snap-to-target so people can aim with the thumbsticks.

Well, stalker is very mouse-friendly with its inventories. And any sort of auto aim/snap to target would miss the point of stalker's combat entirely.

Plus I don't think there are enough buttons on the controller to map everything to.

a) very buggy

b) insanely buggy

I'll go with C for 10,000...because I need a new computer for this going-to-be-a-pile-of-crap-game.

And I don't mean the gameplay. I love the gameplay. But the first two games barely run on my computer, even though games with better graphics, (like Left 4 Dead), run very smoothly.

How I have existed fills me with horror. For I have failed in everything - spelling, arithmetic, riding, tennis, golf; dancing, singing, acting; wife, mistress, whore, friend. Even cooking. And I do not excuse myself with the usual escape of 'not trying'. I tried with all my heart.

In my dreams, I am not crippled. In my dreams, I dance.

a) very buggy

b) insanely buggy

I'll go with C for 10,000...because I need a new computer for this going-to-be-a-pile-of-crap-game.

And I don't mean the gameplay. I love the gameplay. But the first two games barely run on my computer, even though games with better graphics, (like Left 4 Dead), run very smoothly.

Left 4 Dead uses an engine from 2004, and was developed by one of the most well-funded studios in the industry

STALKER is made by a handful of people in the Ukraine, cut em some slack! (Not to mention the engine is doing much more intensive things than Left 4 Dead)

Well, hey, it's not my fault older engines are, (evidently!), better. :(

How I have existed fills me with horror. For I have failed in everything - spelling, arithmetic, riding, tennis, golf; dancing, singing, acting; wife, mistress, whore, friend. Even cooking. And I do not excuse myself with the usual escape of 'not trying'. I tried with all my heart.

In my dreams, I am not crippled. In my dreams, I dance.