Mafia II

Purkake

Just played the demo, Im getting this game. Looks and plays like a dream.

Edited by Kaftan Barlast

DISCLAIMER: Do not take what I write seriously unless it is clearly and in no uncertain terms, declared by me to be meant in a serious and non-humoristic manner. If there is no clear indication, asume the post is written in jest. This notification is meant very seriously and its purpouse is to avoid misunderstandings and the consequences thereof. Furthermore; I can not be held accountable for anything I write on these forums since the idea of taking serious responsability for my unserious actions, is an oxymoron in itself.

Important: as the following sentence contains many naughty words I warn you not to read it under any circumstances; botty, knickers, wee, erogenous zone, psychiatrist, clitoris, stockings, bosom, poetry reading, dentist, fellatio and the department of agriculture.

"I suppose outright stupidity and complete lack of taste could also be considered points of view. "

Not really, the Just Cause 2 demo just confirmed the game was utter ***

DISCLAIMER: Do not take what I write seriously unless it is clearly and in no uncertain terms, declared by me to be meant in a serious and non-humoristic manner. If there is no clear indication, asume the post is written in jest. This notification is meant very seriously and its purpouse is to avoid misunderstandings and the consequences thereof. Furthermore; I can not be held accountable for anything I write on these forums since the idea of taking serious responsability for my unserious actions, is an oxymoron in itself.

Important: as the following sentence contains many naughty words I warn you not to read it under any circumstances; botty, knickers, wee, erogenous zone, psychiatrist, clitoris, stockings, bosom, poetry reading, dentist, fellatio and the department of agriculture.

"I suppose outright stupidity and complete lack of taste could also be considered points of view. "

I am playing the original right now. It's kinda not that great. It's a little fun to drive around in a bunch of early auto's, but the control is a bit unwieldy. Ah well, something to occupy my time until Mafia 2 is released.

Australians have to pay ****loads more for their games than people in USA or even us Europeans.

Wow. I mean.. even on Steam? That sucks. I mean it sucks big times.

I feel for you Bos =/

I believe Steam has to price their games at launch to match the major retailers (GameStop, Wal-Mart etc...). At least that's how it works on certain territories, I would imagine it's the same in Australia as well.

This is exactly the reason I don't buy full priced games off Steam. 50 euros from Steam or 30-35 euros from a couple of Finnish retailers that are selling their games tax free.

Hate the living, love the dead.

The difference ins't huge in Sweden, but it's still a no-go on Steam for me.

Mafia 2 retail: 348 SEK, includes physical items and p&p.

Mafia 2 Steam: 380 SEK, includes nothing.

Swedes, go to: Spel2, for the latest game reviews in swedish!

Australians have to pay ****loads more for their games than people in USA or even us Europeans.

Wow. I mean.. even on Steam? That sucks. I mean it sucks big times.

I feel for you Bos =/

Sad thing is, it might still be cheaper than retail. :lol:

I believe Steam has to price their games at launch to match the major retailers (GameStop, Wal-Mart etc...). At least that's how it works on certain territories, I would imagine it's the same in Australia as well.

This is exactly the reason I don't buy full priced games off Steam. 50 euros from Steam or 30-35 euros from a couple of Finnish retailers that are selling their games tax free.

Nah it's a publisher decision.

Retail $89-$109

Acti $89.95

Take2/THQ $79.95

EA/Sega $69.95 (EA were $20 cheaper 3-4 months ago)

Ubi/Square/Beth $49.95

Valve $39.95

So it's just publishers trying to cash in.

cylon_basestar_eye.gif

Nah it's a publisher decision.

Retail $89-$109

Acti $89.95

Take2/THQ $79.95

EA/Sega $69.95 (EA were $20 cheaper 3-4 months ago)

Ubi/Square/Beth $49.95

Valve $39.95

So it's just publishers trying to cash in.

Well yeah, but some of it has to do with big retail chains. The publishers need to keep the big retail chains like GameStop and Wal-Mart happy. Not sure if they actually got contracts that "force" them to sell games for xx amount of dollars at launch on Steam etc.

Hate the living, love the dead.

The difference ins't huge in Sweden, but it's still a no-go on Steam for me.

Mafia 2 retail: 348 SEK, includes physical items and p&p.

Mafia 2 Steam: 380 SEK, includes nothing.

Mafia 2 on Steam right now also includes Mafia 1, which may be an appeal for some people. At least, I assume it's being offered in Sweden as well.

Mafia 2 on Steam right now also includes Mafia 1, which may be an appeal for some people. At least, I assume it's being offered in Sweden as well.

Yes, you're right, I hadn't noticed that. That's certainly appealing for the people who don't already own Mafia. I'm not one of those people, unfortunately.

Swedes, go to: Spel2, for the latest game reviews in swedish!

Guest Slinky

Yes, you're right, I hadn't noticed that. That's certainly appealing for the people who don't already own Mafia. I'm not one of those people, unfortunately.

Hmh..

Mafia 1 + 2 at Steam = 50