Alpha Protocol on GTTV next Friday

Mmmm. Good thing MT is designed as a Stud in polygonal presentation. :w00t::wub: Else all players will be bitchin'.

If only though you could get face customization templates at the very least with FaceFX like Aliens RPG would had.

I think it looks pretty good actually. What's more, I think it actually looks fairly fun which is not something I tend to think about most action-RPGs. I just hope the action and encounters won't become mindnumbingly boring and repetitious after the first few fights or so. That definetely happened with Mass Effect for me. The system there works pretty good, but my god does it get boring quick.

Hopefully the additional skills like stealth, sabotage and so on will spice things up.

Main bad vibe I get is that the framerate really seems to slow down at some points, I hope it won't be that bad in the final version.

EDIT: Also, what on earth was up with the giddy "wink wink" excitement from the interview guy over being able to romance the women? Avellone shoulda punched that fool right there.

Edited by Starwars

Listen to my home-made recordings (some original songs, some not): http://www.youtube.c...low=grid&view=0

Awesum!

Yeah, definitely need some polishing on the animation side which shouldn't be a problem at this time. And why is the frame rate seeming smooth at one point and so slow on the other? Is it due to the problem of being recorded or the respective performances from different consoles?

Old man: You are wasting my time.

MT: *Head smash*

BAD ASS.

Awesum!

Yeah, definitely need some polishing on the animation side which shouldn't be a problem at this time. And why is the frame rate seeming smooth at one point and so slow on the other? Is it due to the problem of being recorded or the respective performances from different consoles?

I think it's because they've a debug build running, which is always slower than a final compile.

Some animations seem still to be jerky, but that's not a fun breaker for me. Overall, I'm now even more looking forward to AP.

Only the interviewer asked dumb questions: "How many endings? 5? 6?" Geez. They travel all that long way to keep asking dumb questions...

In addition, does perks give any additional gameplay or reflection of your character with the exchange of other NPCs? Or simply an achievement.

Its interesting to note that the gun skills doesn't actually affect accuracy at all, but does improve accuracy while moving with added points. Though I'm still wondering how many points is required to unlock the skill feat like chain shot?

I checked the neogaf forums and it seems they felt the graphics are not up to par to their taste. Personally I don't think its the issue of the models themselves, but the lightning has yet to be finished adjusting which does make the characters look strange under some shadow conditions. But I do find it amusing in some segments of the video the models are presented in 16 bit color. I hope its simply in a debugging mode build.

Edited by Zoma

The GT stream is really jerky, for me, even if I let it preload for a long while.

Anyway: awesome. Finally getting to see the CQC in action is great, and AP seems to have the best fighting animations this side of anything. Facial animations could still use a bit of polish, but they're already at least as good as in Mass Effect.

I'd like to hear some clarification on how the lockpicking minigame works as it looks to close Oblivion's minigame for comfort.

"My hovercraft is full of eels!" - Hungarian tourist
I am Dan Quayle of the Romans.
I want to tattoo a map of the Netherlands on my nether lands.
Heja Sverige!!
Everyone should cuffawkle more.
The wrench is your friend. :bat:

It governs roofing and general home maintenance skills in the game? He'll be visiting places where rainfall and general humidity are a serious issue.

"My hovercraft is full of eels!" - Hungarian tourist
I am Dan Quayle of the Romans.
I want to tattoo a map of the Netherlands on my nether lands.
Heja Sverige!!
Everyone should cuffawkle more.
The wrench is your friend. :bat:

This game is looking better and better every day! Talking about some small "problems", I'm sure they'll polish everything. After all, that's the reason why it's not released yet.

Does anybody know the difference between Technical Aptitude, Sabotage and Infiltration skill?

Yay at interface screens.

Dear Obsidian,

Please show more:

1) Extended dialogue

2) Extended gameplay (stealth, gadgets, hacking, and so on)

Showing off mainly combat doesn't really do the game justice, when it features so much more. I know you're trying to sell to the action audience, but you should also show them exactly *why* AP is different from generic shooter#234732. Make Mass Effect comparisons if you have to, because as it is many ME fans don't even know this exists.

Hadescopy.jpg

(Approved by Fio, so feel free to use it)

Being a spoiled PC enthusiast brat, I hope we PC gamers will get the choice of choosing higher texture resolution. Some of them looks too washed out.

Make sense that infiltration is for lockpicking, though I suspect its a streamlined list of skills aside from lockpicking which includes hacking too?

What's technical Aptitude for? Mana points for doing the insane super human skills?

Edited by Zoma