Hottest place on Earth

Humodour

We have no A/C, so hot weather makes any living above 30 degrees celsius impossible. However, we have central heating (i have experienced -40 degrees celsius btw) which makes it comfortable to be inside. Besides, if you're outside in the cold, you can always add another layer of clothes in order to keep warm. In hot weather, you strip all your clothes, but then it is of no use, you're litterally boiling up with no where to go. No thank you.

Most nothern europeans don't know how to handle warm weather - during the day we open up all windows and then proceed to wonder why it's like a frying pan inside in the evening - if we instead open the windows, but closed the shutters, we could get the breeze but not all the warmth, which would make a pleasent temperature in the evening.

And the most foolish thing to do when it's 35+ is to take your clothes off - it's much more comfortable to put on 2 layers which are long and very thin. Much like the Indians and Pakistani people do. The thing is the sun and wind warms your skin if you take your clothes off, which makes it feel much more hot than it is.

Fortune favors the bald.

I'm glad I live in Western Washington. None of these cold or heat problems of Australia and Oklahoma.

Hey now, my mother is huge and don't you forget it. The drunk can't even get off the couch to make herself a vodka drenched sandwich. Octopus suck.

I love the heat, the hotter the better. I have fond memories of growing up in Florida where you wear the humidity like a coat and just the exertion of drying yourself from a shower causes you to sweat. Lived a few years in Vegas and while it is technically hotter then Florida, its a dry heat. Kinda makes you squint, breath through your mouth and burn yourself on the car seat when you get in but nothing like sweet oppressive 95% humidity.

Oh yeah, right now its 28F. Gogo Chicago!

(i have experienced -40 degrees celsius btw)

That's just horrible. :(

The central heating system in my parents house way up north have dual extra backup systems in case of extreme cold, and they do get used several times each winter. And my dad installed a wood stove that uses air from outside so that no already heated indoor air gets flushed out the chimney. I had the doubtful pleasure of moving about 3 tons of firewood from the lorry to our shed so we could last without electricity.

Sweden rules.

DISCLAIMER: Do not take what I write seriously unless it is clearly and in no uncertain terms, declared by me to be meant in a serious and non-humoristic manner. If there is no clear indication, asume the post is written in jest. This notification is meant very seriously and its purpouse is to avoid misunderstandings and the consequences thereof. Furthermore; I can not be held accountable for anything I write on these forums since the idea of taking serious responsability for my unserious actions, is an oxymoron in itself.

Important: as the following sentence contains many naughty words I warn you not to read it under any circumstances; botty, knickers, wee, erogenous zone, psychiatrist, clitoris, stockings, bosom, poetry reading, dentist, fellatio and the department of agriculture.

"I suppose outright stupidity and complete lack of taste could also be considered points of view. "

I like to think my -30C is worse.

Or at least deadlier.

"Alright, I've been thinking. When life gives you lemons, don't make lemonade - make life take the lemons back! Get mad! I don't want your damn lemons, what am I supposed to do with these? Demand to see life's manager. Make life rue the day it thought it could give Cave Johnson lemons. Do you know who I am? I'm the man who's gonna burn your house down! With the lemons. I'm going to to get my engineers to invent a combustible lemon that burns your house down!"

In all seriousness, Can somebody please convert this to Fahrenheit?

YOU'RE the one with the weird unit system, you convert it.

Actually it's a german system, 100F is his wifes temp (when she was menstruating so she was hotter than normal), and 0 is the coldest day in his village.

Victor of the 5 year fan fic competition!

Kevin Butler will awesome your face off.

In all seriousness, Can somebody please convert this to Fahrenheit?

YOU'RE the one with the weird unit system, you convert it.

Actually it's a german system, 100F is his wifes temp (when she was menstruating so she was hotter than normal), and 0 is the coldest day in his village.

And that's not weird?

Where are the pics with the major babes Walsh?

The jury finally have a decision:

HiRes200802191138528208811_nadine3.jpg

Gentlemen, I give you the hottest place on Earth.

"It wasn't lies. It was just... bull****"."

-Elwood Blues

tarna's dead; processing... complete. Disappointed by Universe. RIP Hades/Sand/etc. Here's hoping your next alt has a harp.

It's supposed to be the coldest month in Denmark, and it's barely chilly.

What is 'barely chilly'? To me 'barely chilly' is like 15 to 20 Celsius. Chilly is 10 to 15 and freezing is below 10. :*

It's 20 Celsius outside here atm, although my room is 30 C because of stored heat.

I hate Celsius. Why cant the rest of the world convert to our systems of measurement?

Hey now, my mother is huge and don't you forget it. The drunk can't even get off the couch to make herself a vodka drenched sandwich. Octopus suck.

Celcius makes sense - 0 is freezing 100 is boiling..

and Farenheit From wiki:

"The zero point is determined by placing the thermometer in a mixture of ice, water, and ammonium chloride, a salt. This is a type of frigorific mixture. The mixture automatically stabilizes its temperature at 0

Fortune favors the bald.

Logic has nothing to do with it. Humans aren't logical. We should go with the system that matches human behavior.

It's because you don't have any feeling for what the increments feel like.

Minus degrees : bloody cold.

0-10 cold

11-14 slightly chilly.

15-19 normal to hot.

20-25 hot to very hot.

30+ uncomfortably hot, or just right for lounging all day on the beach.

Edited by Gorgon

Na na  na na  na na  ...

greg358 from Darksouls 3 PVP is a CHEATER.

That is all.

Logic has nothing to do with it. Humans aren't logical. We should go with the system that matches human behavior.

Actually, Fahrenheit is a pretty silly system and choosing it because it's not logical is an even sillier reason.

There's a reason America is basically the only country in the world still using it (and even then only for non-technical use).

If we could only convince the English to drive on right side, the Americans to use the metric system and Celcius calculations and all the other odd balls to fall in line..

maybe.. just maybe.. we could finally have peace on Earth.

Fortune favors the bald.

Maybe you just have a good treshold for cold? Because I was out walking today and it felt pretty cold to me.

I'm insulated, like a seal, by virtue of my spare tire around the waist, and I also have a high tolerance for cold. Heat is definitely worse, it affects your ability to think straight.

Na na  na na  na na  ...

greg358 from Darksouls 3 PVP is a CHEATER.

That is all.

If we could only convince the English to drive on right side, the Americans to use the metric system and Celcius calculations and all the other odd balls to fall in line..

maybe.. just maybe.. we could finally have peace on Earth.

Driving on the right is a holdover from revolutionary France. You weirdos only do it to avoid the guillotine.

And what gives with my Nadine Velasquez picture disappearing? It's a conspiracy I tells ya.

"It wasn't lies. It was just... bull****"."

-Elwood Blues

tarna's dead; processing... complete. Disappointed by Universe. RIP Hades/Sand/etc. Here's hoping your next alt has a harp.

Here are some tasteful hot babes

800px-1886-female-bathers-No4-nude.jpg

DISCLAIMER: Do not take what I write seriously unless it is clearly and in no uncertain terms, declared by me to be meant in a serious and non-humoristic manner. If there is no clear indication, asume the post is written in jest. This notification is meant very seriously and its purpouse is to avoid misunderstandings and the consequences thereof. Furthermore; I can not be held accountable for anything I write on these forums since the idea of taking serious responsability for my unserious actions, is an oxymoron in itself.

Important: as the following sentence contains many naughty words I warn you not to read it under any circumstances; botty, knickers, wee, erogenous zone, psychiatrist, clitoris, stockings, bosom, poetry reading, dentist, fellatio and the department of agriculture.

"I suppose outright stupidity and complete lack of taste could also be considered points of view. "