SoZ Bug report

Rhomal

a. The quest from West Harbor where you need to rescue the mayors son from the cult. After killing all the big bads in the area and talking to the son he keeps on repeating I need to talk to the cult leader. Seems the script does not fire off letting him know the fight ended already/leader is dead.

b. For some odd reason NPC's ingame that join my party feel the need to heal using heal kits other non-hostile NPCs. For example merchants and his guards when I join a caravan battle. Chars I created at the start of the game do not seem to exhibit this behavior.

c. With all party scripts to use healing items on the chars will ONLY use heal kits and not heal pots. Which in effect makes them almost useless unless one wants to micromanage in battle.

d. When trying to find the temple of umberlee quest I have traveled up and down the coast many times (where I was told to look for it) and the temple does not appear at all. My search skill in the teens.

Thanks!

Admin of World of Darkness Online News

News/Community site for the WoD MMORPG

http://www.wodonlinenews.net

---

Jericho sassed me so I broke into his house and stabbed him to death in his sleep. Problem solved. - J.E. Sawyer

---

"I cannot profess to be a theologian; but it seems to me that Christians who believe in a super human Satan have got themselves into a logical impasse with regard to their own religion. For either God can not prevent the mischief of Satan, in which case he is not omnipotent; or else He could do so if he wished, but will not, in which case He is not benevolent. Fortunately, being a pagan witch, I am not called upon to solve this problem."

- Doreen Valiente

---

Expecting "innovation" from Bioware is like expecting "normality" from Valve -Moatilliatta

As far as I can see they visit these forums far more then the 'official' forums now a days.

Plus, I am not very welcome over there anymore.

Edited by Gorth
Cross forum stuff removed

---

Jericho sassed me so I broke into his house and stabbed him to death in his sleep. Problem solved. - J.E. Sawyer

---

"I cannot profess to be a theologian; but it seems to me that Christians who believe in a super human Satan have got themselves into a logical impasse with regard to their own religion. For either God can not prevent the mischief of Satan, in which case he is not omnipotent; or else He could do so if he wished, but will not, in which case He is not benevolent. Fortunately, being a pagan witch, I am not called upon to solve this problem."

- Doreen Valiente

---

Expecting "innovation" from Bioware is like expecting "normality" from Valve -Moatilliatta

in any event, is loads o' annoying bugs in soz. the shield equip bug is the one that drives us to distraction as we pretty much gotta turn off character ai for any party member that has some special ability like divine might or bardic inspire. sudden realize that your paladin is fighting a bunch of gnolls bare-fisted is a tad irksome. the shield equip thing is supposed addressed in 1.22, but is simply so many silly bugs that one wonders what were the qa protocols for this game. nobody noticed that the doomguide npc couldn't gain spells? yeah, with how stat driven d&d is it is near impossible to catch every mistake, but there were some real obvious stuff that somehow got missed in soz. how on earth could warlock "imbue item" be messed Again? how many more nwn2 releases does obsidian need to get that one right?

also, 'cause am not sure if developers noted our comments in the spoiler section, if you export a soz character to use in motb, that exported character does not seem capable o' acquiring the jnpc loyalty feats. (am much more understanding when these kinda bugs go unnoticed.)

*shrug*

on the positive side, many o' the bugs has been fixed via community workarounds, and few o' the bugs makes soz genuine unplayable, although some o' the intentional included game development choices may make game unplayable for some.

curious, am recalling that josh said that buffs ending at map transitions were functionally unfixable for obsidian. there appears to be a community member contributed workaround. am wondering if obsidian is planning on addressing long-term buffs in the patch or whether the fix is still considered more bothersome than the status quo. am not a fan of using fan fixes that may make game unpatchable.

HA! Good Fun!

Edited by Gorth

"If there be time to expose through discussion the falsehood and fallacies, to avert the evil by the processes of education, the remedy to be applied is more speech, not enforced silence."Justice Louis Brandeis, Concurring, Whitney v. California, 274 U.S. 357 (1927)

"Im indifferent to almost any murder as long as it doesn't affect me or mine."--Gfted1 (September 30, 2019)

But on topic, thanks for reminding me of that shield bug I encountered that issue as well... Should have added that to my list as well. Not sure how that slipped my mind. Old age I suppose... haha

As for the QA issue I would bet a $20 spot they had a VERY small QA budget. Does that forgive them missing some obvious bugs (at least to you or I?) no. However that would explain these nagging bugs that didn't take too long to pop up for us.

However according to the manual most all the QA folks, about a half dozen, have french names. Which implies to me, Atari handled the QA.. was not internal. And that would explain a fair amount.

Edited by Gorth

---

---

- Doreen Valiente

---

Thread pruned with blunt scissors, including whole and partial posts. No, I am not qoing to send a bunch of PM's, I am sure people know where it went wrong.

Let's stick with the SoZ bugs (rhetorical question)? :(

“He who joyfully marches to music in rank and file has already earned my contempt. He has been given a large brain by mistake, since for him the spinal cord would surely suffice.” - Albert Einstein

Thread pruned with blunt scissors, including whole and partial posts. No, I am not qoing to send a bunch of PM's, I am sure people know where it went wrong.

Let's stick with the SoZ bugs (rhetorical question)? >_<

Curious.. what exact rule was violated here in this thread? After reviewing the forums rules I am failing to see where me talking about my time as a bioware mod violates any of them. Clarification appreciated.

---

---

- Doreen Valiente

---

Harassment: We ask that the users of this board treat one another with respect, even when opinions differ. Personal attacks that are intended to cause unwanted attention, embarrassment, or harm will not be tolerated. In addition, Obsidian does not tolerate disrespectful and/or slanderous posts about its competitors, developers and publishers. Such posts will be subject to editing or deleting, with its posters censured or banned.

ON TOPIC EH?

Otherwise I'll close this.

War is Peace, Freedom is Slavery, Ignorance is Strength

Baldur's Gate modding
TeamBG
Baldur's Gate modder/community leader
Baldur's Gate - Enhanced Edition beta tester
Baldur's Gate 2 - Enhanced Edition beta tester

Icewind Dale - Enhanced Edition beta tester

Harassment: We ask that the users of this board treat one another with respect, even when opinions differ. Personal attacks that are intended to cause unwanted attention, embarrassment, or harm will not be tolerated. In addition, Obsidian does not tolerate disrespectful and/or slanderous posts about its competitors, developers and publishers. Such posts will be subject to editing or deleting, with its posters censured or banned.

ON TOPIC EH?

Otherwise I'll close this.

Just to note, it is only disrespectful and slanderous if it is false.

"Your Job is not to die for your country, but set a man on fire, and take great comfort in the general hostility and unfairness of the universe."

Just to note, it is only disrespectful and slanderous if it is false.

Basically, and more to the point, of what I implied to him via PM.. none the less we shall agree to disagree and move forward as he choose to apply 'homebrew' rules (or ultra-liberal view of the forum policies/wording); none the less it is what it is. While I don't agree with his opinion for the reasons you stated I will accept it as anything else is futile anyways. Moving on...

Another well I am not sure if 'bug' is the correct word, but it seems as if pathfinding has taken a hit since this xp. Not sure if this is my imagination, simply a baking issue or just the way some of the areas were designed. With the much smaller areas within most of this module perhaps it has always been this way but the small area just brings out some of the 'quirks' of the pathfinding mechanics. Nothing close to game breaking just ocasional oddities.

Another AI issue, again perhaps this is no a 'bug' just the way it is, but it seems the 'use dispel magic' option either does not fire at times or its sensitivity needs to be upped. I found I have to micro manage having my spell caster (warlock in this case) use said spell about 50% (at best) of the time where said spell would be applied to other casters. Seems sometimes she does other times she does not. I am not sure if there is some common variable that triggers it that I am simply not noticing.

And while not a bug per se (unless its more then they planned) but must echo others... the random encounter frequency needs to be lowered to about half of the current amount. They really are out of hand.

---

---

- Doreen Valiente

---