The Community is 5 Years Old

Fionavar

We are nearly ready and should go live in the first few days of Feb, with the screenshots and clear details of everything.

Deliberately bad fan fiction is also welcome, I've planned something special for bad fiction.

I have a question regarding profanity and certain themes that may be too graphic for young children. Will I be able to use graphic detail about violence, sex, and drugs within my story becuase if not then I might as well not do it at all because that's basically what my entire story hinges upon to be entertaining.

There was a time when I questioned the ability for the schizoid to ever experience genuine happiness, at the very least for a prolonged segment of time. I am no closer to finding the answer, however, it has become apparent that contentment is certainly a realizable goal. I find these results to be adequate, if not pleasing. Unfortunately, connection is another subject entirely. When one has sufficiently examined the mind and their emotional constructs, connection can be easily imitated. More data must be gleaned and further collated before a sufficient judgment can be reached.

Because this is a competition officially hosted by Obsidian, with prizes coming out of their basket, it would be unwise of them to give away t-shirts to R-rated material.

We will endeavour not to be draconian about it, but have to keep within certain limits. I suggest that as a basic rule, sexual content is left implicit and passing (i.e. 'romantic'), drug use is not overtly glorified, and again, violent descriptions are not gratuitously excessive. If you want to know whether something will 'make the cut' theslug, PM me.

Because this is a competition officially hosted by Obsidian, with prizes coming out of their basket, it would be unwise of them to give away t-shirts to R-rated material.

We will endeavour not to be draconian about it, but have to keep within certain limits. I suggest that as a basic rule, sexual content is left implicit and passing (i.e. 'romantic'), drug use is not overtly glorified, and again, violent descriptions are not gratuitously excessive. If you want to know whether something will 'make the cut' theslug, PM me.

It's far harder to regulate a brothel when it's in python, which is the sovereignty of the more decent boy bands.

• 3 weeks later...

Just a quick reminder that we are closing in on the end of these board features celebrating Obsidian's 5th year online community! We will likely extend the deadline a week into March, in order to give some people additional time to submit their fanfic and caption entries! Thanks so much for the energy contributed thus far!

The universe is change;
your life is what our thoughts make it
- Marcus Aurelius (161)

:dragon:

• 2 weeks later...

Well we've arrived at the end of the competition ... winners will be announced and contacted in the next week ... stay tuned and thanks everyone for your contributions and passion!

The universe is change;
- Marcus Aurelius (161)

• 2 weeks later...

It is with great pleasure that I announce the winners of our 5 year celebration of the Online Obsidian Community. The Caption Contest has been take by Kirottu for the caption of the first image:

...and the world famous Ass Bandit was on his way to make another thievery that would even boggle the minds of gods.

And the winner of the fanfic is Calax! Thanks so much everyone for the enthusiasm and participation. If both members will contact me through PM with their full name and mailing address, we will get your prizes to you!

with thanks,

Fionavar

The universe is change;
- Marcus Aurelius (161)