OMG WE MISSED THE 600TH ANNIVERSARY OF THE ORDER OF THE DRAGON

Llyranor

The Order of the Dragon was first created on December 12, 1408 by Holy Roman Emperor and King of Hungary-Croatia Sigismund, and his queen, Barbara of Celje, following the battle for possession of Bosnia.[4] [5] From 1408-1437, the Order of the Dragon was the most important noble political association in Hungary and Croatia. Many kings founded their own orders of knights to support their thrones. Members of the order were mostly his political allies and supporters. [6] The Order of the Dragon Or from the beginning the Order of the Defeated Dragon[6] was inspired from the Order of St. George (Socitas Militae Sancti Georgii), created by King Charles I of Hungary in 1318. Its statute from 1326 required protection of the King from any plot against him, principles also upheld in Sigismund's Order. [5] The sigils of the order were an ouroborus and the flaming cross.[6] The Order of the Dragon had two degrees. The first one had 24 members which were allowed to wear as the Order's emblem both the dragon and the cross. The second degree had a waste amount of members, and its symbol was only the dragon. [6] The Order of the Dragon was quickly recognized internationally, and in 1409, it inspired the Spanish Order of Calatrava. [5] There was an initial group of inductees for Sigismund's Order, from 1408-1418, 24 in number. In 1431, Sigismund chose to expand the ranks of the Order. [6] A second group of inductees were initiated between 1431-1437.[5] Following Sigismund's death, the Order lost prominence. However, the prestigious Order's emblem was retained on the coat of arms of several Hungarian noble families, including B

Hadescopy.jpg

(Approved by Fio, so feel free to use it)

The father of Vlad Tepes (pronounced as T-e|as in tErminate|-p-e|same|-sch), a.k.a. Vlad the Impaler, a.k.a. Vlad Dracul, a.k.a. Count Dracola, was a member of the order of the Dragon. When becoming an adult, Vlad took the name "Dracul", which meant IIRC: "The son of the Dragon" or "Baptized by the Dragon".

"Some men see things as they are and say why?"
"I dream things that never were and say why not?"
- George Bernard Shaw

"Hope in reality is the worst of all evils because it prolongs the torments of man."
- Friedrich Nietzsche

"The amount of energy necessary to refute bull**** is an order of magnitude bigger than to produce it."

- Some guy 

The father of Vlad Tepes (pronounced as T-e|as in tErminate|-p-e|same|-sch), a.k.a. Vlad the Impaler, a.k.a. Vlad Dracul, a.k.a. Count Dracola, was a member of the order of the Dragon. When becoming an adult, Vlad took the name "Dracul", which meant IIRC: "The son of the Dragon" or "Baptized by the Dragon".

Interesting, you would have thought becoming an adult would have had the opposite effect.

People laugh when I say that I think a jellyfish is one of the most beautiful things in the world. What they don't understand is, I mean a jellyfish with long, blond hair.

portret_of_vlad_the_impaler_2.jpg

In 7th grade, I teach the students how Chuck Norris took down the Roman Empire, so it is good that you are starting early on this curriculum.

R.I.P. KOTOR 2003-2008 KILLED BY THOSE GREEDY MONEY-HOARDING ************* AND THEIR *****-*** MMOS

is that tongue or lip?

How can it be a no ob build. It has PROVEN effective. I dare you to show your builds and I will tear you apart in an arugment about how these builds will won them.

- OverPowered Godzilla (OPG)

tongue - back then you couldn't take silly pictures .. so they had to paint each other in silly poses, needless to say the parties pretty much died when someone took out the paintbrush to capture the moment..

Fortune favors the bald.