Annie Carlson interview

funcroc

http://www.gamervixens.com/provixens/annie...ertainment.aspx

What does your job entail?

Depends on the project - on Alpha Protocol, my job was helping to write and coordinate the text/dialogue of the game; for Storm of Zehir, I handled the majority of the writing duties, as well as helping create areas, items, and revamp the item drop system. Basically, my tasks range from level design to systems work, with a heapin' helpin' of writing thrown into the mix.

What's your favorite thing that you've worked on?

Tricky question... it often depends on the task, or the game, or the time and resources involved. I really loved helping out with the voice work for Alpha Protocol (I'm a complete sucker for VO), but I'm also a fan of writing. Getting to collaborate with Brian Mitsoda, the former creative lead for Alpha Protocol, on writing was really cool, but it was also a lot of fun (and a LOT of work!) to do the writing for Storm of Zehir. Eh... man. I don't know. I try not to play favorites - I guess the thing I like best is learning new stuff. That first time when I was given free rein to make items in Neverwinter Nights 2 - that was my first big assignment, and it's hard to beat the kind of thrill that was for me.

Oh, so that is why there has been a distinct lack of guitar solos in the Alpha Protocol section :o

Good to know that she is still alive and kicking :ermm:

“He who joyfully marches to music in rank and file has already earned my contempt. He has been given a large brain by mistake, since for him the spinal cord would surely suffice.” - Albert Einstein

• 3 weeks later...

Get me up to speed any reason stated why she left and where is she now?

She was the bomb, did a interview with her on nwn2news and she really did a fantastic job and very pleasant to chat with.

Admin of World of Darkness Online News

News/Community site for the WoD MMORPG

http://www.wodonlinenews.net

---

Jericho sassed me so I broke into his house and stabbed him to death in his sleep. Problem solved. - J.E. Sawyer

---

"I cannot profess to be a theologian; but it seems to me that Christians who believe in a super human Satan have got themselves into a logical impasse with regard to their own religion. For either God can not prevent the mischief of Satan, in which case he is not omnipotent; or else He could do so if he wished, but will not, in which case He is not benevolent. Fortunately, being a pagan witch, I am not called upon to solve this problem."

- Doreen Valiente

---

Expecting "innovation" from Bioware is like expecting "normality" from Valve -Moatilliatta

Get me up to speed any reason stated why she left and where is she now?

She was the bomb, did a interview with her on nwn2news and she really did a fantastic job and very pleasant to chat with.

Moved to Seattle to pursue writing, I gather from Anthony Davis' post over at the Codex.

I cannot - yet I must. How do you calculate that? At what point on the graph do "must" and "cannot" meet? Yet I must - but I cannot! ~ Ro-Man

Why are all these good people moving on from Obsidian? ;)

I blame our restrictive word filter. [Dratted thing. Gosh darn it, oh how it irks me.]

Edited by SteveThaiBinh for the sake of propriety.

"It wasn't lies. It was just... bull****"."

-Elwood Blues

tarna's dead; processing... complete. Disappointed by Universe. RIP Hades/Sand/etc. Here's hoping your next alt has a harp.