Gear of War 2

Kaftan Barlast

I just spent the whole evening co-oping this with a friend and I just wanted to tell you that it is an absolute blast. Its the manliest of men wading through blood, guts, mayhem and fire, and saying fun things on the way. Its also the prettiest game in the history of console gaming, and perhaps PC aswell :D

If you loved the first game, you have to get this one. If you didnt like it, then theres something seriously wrong with you and you should seek help.

...also, coletrain is the most awesome game character ever. see http://www.returnofterrytate.com/ for extra Lester Speight goodness

Edited by Kaftan Barlast

DISCLAIMER: Do not take what I write seriously unless it is clearly and in no uncertain terms, declared by me to be meant in a serious and non-humoristic manner. If there is no clear indication, asume the post is written in jest. This notification is meant very seriously and its purpouse is to avoid misunderstandings and the consequences thereof. Furthermore; I can not be held accountable for anything I write on these forums since the idea of taking serious responsability for my unserious actions, is an oxymoron in itself.

Important: as the following sentence contains many naughty words I warn you not to read it under any circumstances; botty, knickers, wee, erogenous zone, psychiatrist, clitoris, stockings, bosom, poetry reading, dentist, fellatio and the department of agriculture.

"I suppose outright stupidity and complete lack of taste could also be considered points of view. "

Yup, I agree with you, especially the thing about Cole being one of the best characters in videogame history.

In 7th grade, I teach the students how Chuck Norris took down the Roman Empire, so it is good that you are starting early on this curriculum.

R.I.P. KOTOR 2003-2008 KILLED BY THOSE GREEDY MONEY-HOARDING ************* AND THEIR *****-*** MMOS

I just spent the whole evening co-oping this with a friend and I just wanted to tell you that it is an absolute blast. Its the manliest of men wading through blood, guts, mayhem and fire, and saying fun things on the way. Its also the prettiest game in the history of console gaming, and perhaps PC aswell :D

Did they move away from the one colour palette, or something?

Also, the original was a pretty awful single player action game.

"My hovercraft is full of eels!" - Hungarian tourist
I am Dan Quayle of the Romans.
I want to tattoo a map of the Netherlands on my nether lands.
Heja Sverige!!
Everyone should cuffawkle more.
The wrench is your friend. :bat:

I wouldn't touch Gears singleplayer.

I'm still in Act 2, but the co-op campaign is pretty great (a bit easy on hardcore, maybe?). Very nice environments, and numerous color palettes!

Horde mode is arguably the best thing to happen to co-op gaming, though. 5p co-op, including online splitscreen, and waves upon waves of incrementally more difficult enemies. Every 10 waves, enemies get a stat boost (eg. double hp, double accuracy). The pacing and increase in difficulty is well-done, and having to fend off multiple enemy attacks from all fronts, retreating when needed, setting up defenses via proximity grenades or planting shields, etc. is all so very frantic. Not to mention that every map supports it.

Hadescopy.jpg

(Approved by Fio, so feel free to use it)

Apart from the co-op, GoW is also one of the few games where its actually fun to play deathmatch with only 3-4 players.

Hey Kaftan you still lack Xbox Live, dontcha?

Gotta get that and play Horde with us sometime.

Aye, still only live silver... and I have a modified box so I wouldnt dare go olin even if I did.

DISCLAIMER: Do not take what I write seriously unless it is clearly and in no uncertain terms, declared by me to be meant in a serious and non-humoristic manner. If there is no clear indication, asume the post is written in jest. This notification is meant very seriously and its purpouse is to avoid misunderstandings and the consequences thereof. Furthermore; I can not be held accountable for anything I write on these forums since the idea of taking serious responsability for my unserious actions, is an oxymoron in itself.

Important: as the following sentence contains many naughty words I warn you not to read it under any circumstances; botty, knickers, wee, erogenous zone, psychiatrist, clitoris, stockings, bosom, poetry reading, dentist, fellatio and the department of agriculture.

"I suppose outright stupidity and complete lack of taste could also be considered points of view. "

GoW for PC has a ****ty multiplayer support.

Don't ever get games that uses Windows live to play unless you are willing to be Microsoft's guinea pig. Unlike Valve who continues working the once buggy steam off their ass into a wonder of the present, Microsoft and Epic games are content enough to blame the lack of sales to piracy instead of a crap**** multiplayer system they implemented.

If you loved the first game, you have to get this one. If you didnt like it, then theres something seriously wrong with you and you should seek help.

Maybe you need some serious help? GoW was the most retarded pile of **** I've played for a long time. Retarded gameplay mechanism, retarded characters, retarded Art direction. That game was an insult to my good taste for video games.

This can only mean that GoW2 = GoW ****iness *2.

The first step to do something about your problem is admitting you have one. I am sure that with adequate therapy and a strict diet, you will eventually be able to come to terms with your awesomeophobia*

* a deep seeted irrational fear and hatred of things so good that they have been clinicly classified as awesome

Me and my friend finished it now, it was alot longer than I had expected. Lots of fun and big explosions everywhere :D It has a few sad moments though :sorcerer:

IMO Coop often does make even crap games awesome haha

Then you obviously havent player Mercenaries 2.. or Kane&Lynch... or that game that was like them but so inane that Ive forgot what it was called.

I was just saying that crap games are usually crap in co-op aswell.

Name one game which was **** in co-op.

Having a friend playing with you makes any game fun. It's like Co-op is the "instant win" button of game design.

"Alright, I've been thinking. When life gives you lemons, don't make lemonade - make life take the lemons back! Get mad! I don't want your damn lemons, what am I supposed to do with these? Demand to see life's manager. Make life rue the day it thought it could give Cave Johnson lemons. Do you know who I am? I'm the man who's gonna burn your house down! With the lemons. I'm going to to get my engineers to invent a combustible lemon that burns your house down!"

I was just saying that crap games are usually crap in co-op aswell.

Because I said in my opinion I find that often crap games can be made awesome with a coop mode?

OMG we have different tastes and opinions!

I have played plenty of crap games that I only enjoyed because I played with a friend.

While it's true that crappy games can be more fun thanks to co-op, it doesn't necessarily mean that they're worth playing anyway. With the richness of (online) co-op gaming we've had these last few months, it's pretty easy to pick and choose the good ones. Co-op may be a prerequisite, but it isn't in and of itself enough anymore.

Hadescopy.jpg

(Approved by Fio, so feel free to use it)

Yeah, if you don't have friends to play with

yeah yeah, that's it imply I have no friends...

GoW is average, it's not a bad game, it's just not something worth even starting a thread over in my opinion, it's average... Well except for the GFX, and engine side of things that's all cool.

I came up with Crate 3.0 technology. 

Crate 4.0 - we shall just have to wait and see.

Down and out on the Solomani Rim
Now the Spinward Marches don't look so GRIM!