Could Bethesda outsource Fallout to Obsidian?

Morgoth

"as in no marketing at all."

False.

Do you even know what you're talking about, or do you just make random statements out of your ass?

As far as Cthulhu development, I think the game was supposed to be much bigger initially, with several detectives available as playable characters, so it was just a case of an inexperienced developer biting off too much. Still a work of art though, too bad it sold so poorly.

"Moral indignation is a standard strategy for endowing the idiot with dignity." Marshall McLuhan

False.

Do you even know what you're talking about, or do you just make random statements out of your ass?

As far as Cthulhu development, I think the game was supposed to be much bigger initially, with several detectives available as playable characters, so it was just a case of an inexperienced developer biting off too much. Still a work of art though, too bad it sold so poorly.

I guess they didn't have much marketing. I was not even aware that there was a Cthulhu game.

False.

I guess they didn't have much marketing. I was not even aware that there was a Cthulhu game.

I was only aware of it because somebody here played it and they all came to the general conclusion that the game didn't live up to the mythos iirc. Also it suffered from Indigo Prophesy syndrome.

Victor of the 5 year fan fic competition!

Kevin Butler will awesome your face off.

What's Indigo Prophecy syndrome?

Generally its accepted that indigo prophecy syndrome is when a game is REALLY fantastic for the first 3/4's of it then the developers either ran out of time or ideas and everything that was fun about the game evaporates into action territory with the main character seemingly pulling superpowers out of nowhere and then using them to try to defeat the evil villian.

Basically the game is good for the first part then the quality gets beaten by the stupid bat for so hard and long that it craps itself inside out...

you know what watch http://www.escapistmagazine.com/videos/vie...ned-2-Bloodshot

Victor of the 5 year fan fic competition!

Kevin Butler will awesome your face off.

False.

I was only aware of it because somebody here played it and they all came to the general conclusion that the game didn't live up to the mythos iirc. Also it suffered from Indigo Prophesy syndrome.

It is a pity when good games are not sufficiently publicized to generate large sales. I think King's Bounty currently falls into that category - I have only heard of it accidently.

What's Indigo Prophecy syndrome?

Generally its accepted that indigo prophecy syndrome is when a game is REALLY fantastic for the first 3/4's of it then the developers either ran out of time or ideas and everything that was fun about the game evaporates into action territory with the main character seemingly pulling superpowers out of nowhere and then using them to try to defeat the evil villian.

Basically the game is good for the first part then the quality gets beaten by the stupid bat for so hard and long that it craps itself inside out...

you know what watch http://www.escapistmagazine.com/videos/vie...ned-2-Bloodshot

That was hilarious! :lol:

Well I agree the first 1/3 of Cthulhu where you just sneak around and run away was the best and most inventive part, but I think that would've gotten tedious if extended to the entire game. The rest of the game was excellent also, and still quite inventive.

"Moral indignation is a standard strategy for endowing the idiot with dignity." Marshall McLuhan

"Do you even know what you're talking about, or do you just make random statements out of your ass?

As far as Cthulhu development, I think the game was supposed to be much bigger initially, with several detectives available as playable characters, so it was just a case of an inexperienced developer biting off too much. Still a work of art though, too bad it sold so poorly."

I heard about the game from multiple sources including game focused tvs shows, magazinenes, various boqards - including non gaming focused one - etc., etc. It was advertised, and was hyped. Wa sit hyped like, say, GOW2 or FO3? no. But, to say it wasn't hyped AT ALL, is flat out false.

DWARVES IN PROJECT ETERNITY = VOLOURN HAS PLEDGED $250.

Are you people talking about Call of Cthulhu: Dark Corners of Earth? That game was in development for eons, and constantly was pushed back. Back then in 2001, 2002 or so it got some moderate attention, I wouldn't say hype. The publisher went out of business, and then I think Bethesda picked it up. Then it was quiet. Then the game was suddenly released. At any rate, it was a dead born child, as the game failed sales wise, and the company went out.

I got the PC version and overall liked some parts of it, but could never really finish it thanks to backward old-skool design.

CoC:DCotE did get advertising when it came out; I certainly remember seeing ads for it because, frankly after its long development, I was actually surprised to see it come out.

I cannot - yet I must. How do you calculate that? At what point on the graph do "must" and "cannot" meet? Yet I must - but I cannot! ~ Ro-Man