Fable 2 scores 10/10 on Eurogamer...

Nightshape

But at any rate, your post shows a lack of knowledge of how the specialized press works, in any field. Because, believe it or not, there is a give-and-take working relationship between journalists and companies.

My post does no such thing, and claiming I don't know "how the specialized press works" is pointless condescension. I'm not arguing for games journalists, claiming that there isn't a "give-and-take working relationship between journalists and companies", I'm arguing against those who dismiss any and all reviewers who give a top score and accusing them of being sellouts, based only on their own biased opinions. "I don't agree with game X getting a top score, refuse to believe the reviewer is giving an honest opinion, therefore they must be a sellout." Oh, and I didn't need to be careful not to quote your post directly because mine wasn't a direct response to yours.

It's one thing to be aware of corruption in any type of business, it's another matter entirely to accuse anyone who operates a particular way of being corrupt when you have absolutely no evidence.

arguing with yourself?

Victor of the 5 year fan fic competition!

Kevin Butler will awesome your face off.

More needless crying over someone maybe having a differnt opinion than yourself. Big deal. And, if they get 'bribed' to give higher scores. Big deal. We're talking about video game reviews. And, this talk about how in the past reviewers were more 'honourable' is also hogwash.

Besides, if anyone buys a game simply based on another's opinion is dumb. Plain, and simple. We have a brain, use it, and make your own decision.

As for inflated scores. Yeah, they've inflated; but they basically mean the same thing. Instead of 9 meaning 'best game'; '10' is the new 9. *shrug* Not a big deal.

DWARVES IN PROJECT ETERNITY = VOLOURN HAS PLEDGED $250.

• 1 month later...

Porting usually takes 6 months to a year. If there is a port coming I don't see it being out no later than Fall/Winter of 2009. Of course it will require DirectX 10 of course. ;)

"Your Job is not to die for your country, but set a man on fire, and take great comfort in the general hostility and unfairness of the universe."

Porting usually takes 6 months to a year. If there is a port coming I don't see it being out no later than Fall/Winter of 2009. Of course it will require DirectX 10 of course. :lol:

Thanks for the reply. Looks like I won't be playing it even if it is ported. >_<

Sorry to resurrect a dead thread, but I read some reviews of Fable 2 that sounded interesting. Does anyone know of any talk to port this to PC, or will it remain an XBox exclusive?

Molyneux has 'hinted' at a PC version before. And I doubt it will be Direct X 10 only.

"When is this out. I can't wait to play it so I can talk at length about how bad it is." - Gorgon.

DX10-only sounds like a very good businessplan. Nothing sells like marginalising your own consumer base.

"Some men see things as they are and say why?"
"I dream things that never were and say why not?"
- George Bernard Shaw

"Hope in reality is the worst of all evils because it prolongs the torments of man."
- Friedrich Nietzsche

"The amount of energy necessary to refute bull**** is an order of magnitude bigger than to produce it."

- Some guy 

You don't think you will upgrade to a DirectX 10 card eventually? I highly recommend it.

No. Husby has forbidden Vista on any computer in the house. Once Direct X 10 is required, I will be replaying old games until the day I die. Which probably won't be that far way, unfortunately.

You need to understand that Di has more important priorities than that, such as maintaining her state-of-the-art security system to keep stalkers like Fenghuang away.

That was unkind. What have I done to you to elicit such unpleasant insult?

It would seem that we have graduated from gaming discussion to the personal.. Please feel free to discuss matters that might lead to relationship building opportunities to PM ... otherwise, my assumption, is we'll just discuss the topic at hand :x

with respect,

Fionavar

Thread Closed ...

The universe is change;
your life is what our thoughts make it
- Marcus Aurelius (161)

:dragon: