Xbox 360 Respawned

Gorth

Would've bought Gears 2 but no Xbox Live means I won't bother. That, and I've already watched the entire campaign on youtube.

"Alright, I've been thinking. When life gives you lemons, don't make lemonade - make life take the lemons back! Get mad! I don't want your damn lemons, what am I supposed to do with these? Demand to see life's manager. Make life rue the day it thought it could give Cave Johnson lemons. Do you know who I am? I'm the man who's gonna burn your house down! With the lemons. I'm going to to get my engineers to invent a combustible lemon that burns your house down!"

Spotted the type, Krooks. But yeah, you're right. Horde might very well be the best multiplayer mode ever. We'll see what L4D delivers.

We made to wave 20, Bok! We didn't survive it, but we made it there.

Hadescopy.jpg

(Approved by Fio, so feel free to use it)

Guardian is awesome, so is the single-player mode. We are at the first beast barge now and it's been hella fun.

Love the mortar, love the levels, especially love the new monsters. The game has tons more personality now.

kirottu said:
I was raised by polar bears. I had to fight against blood thirsty wolves and rabid penguins to get my food. Those who were too weak to survive were sent to Sweden.

It has made me the man I am today. A man who craves furry hentai.

So let us go and embrace the rustling smells of unseen worlds

Gears1 was my GOTY 2006 and completely justified with the 360 purchase for me. Gears2 has far FAR exceeded all my expectations. I'm not too far into the campaign (ending Act 2), but it's been very nice (and gorgeous - I think this may be the prettiest next-gen game I've seen). One downside is that it seems a tad easy on hardcore. Hopefully insane will be a good challenge.

Haven't touched PvP, and don't even know if I'll ever be bothered to. Wingman does seem like an interesting mode, though.

The real highlight of the game has been Horde Mode. This has arguably provided some of best (if not *the* best) co-op experience I've ever had. Given how much importance I attribute to co-op play (a top priority for me), this pleases me greatly. Even on hardcore, our team has only made it to wave 27 so far (it really depends on the map as well, it seems - though we've only played a few). It's very hectic, as you get overwhelmed by large numbers of enemies from every direction. Defending different flanks, going for ammo runs, falling back and bringing our mobile defenses with us (shields, proximity grenades), finding good defensive positions. It's all so very awesome. I also appreciate how every map really dictates different tactics, given the defensive properties of the terrain. With this mode, I'll definitely be supporting any map pack Epic gives us.

In any other given year, this would have *easily* been my GOTY. However, given how fantastic the Left4Dead demo was, I'll give that game a good spin first before I make any decision (if any).

This may be my favorite co-op game ever. By extension, possibly my favorite game ever. It may be the new game shine talking, but Epic really went above and beyond what I expected of them.

/hyperbole

Hadescopy.jpg

(Approved by Fio, so feel free to use it)