Xbox 360 Respawned

Gorth

9/9 is shipping. Release is 9/11. You may get lucky, and get them early; but you still aren't guaranteed to have it on 9/11. You guys made the n00b mistake of thinking that 'shipping date' = game in your hands automatically. L0L

DWARVES IN PROJECT ETERNITY = VOLOURN HAS PLEDGED $250.

You do know that most game stores have it a few days before release right?

Lou Gutman, P.I.- It's like I'm not even trying anymore!
http://theatomicdanger.iforumer.com/index....theatomicdanger

One billion b-balls dribbling simultaneously throughout the galaxy. One trillion b-balls being slam dunked through a hoop throughout the galaxy. I can feel every single b-ball that has ever existed at my fingertips. I can feel their collective knowledge channeling through my viens. Every jumpshot, every rebound and three-pointer, every layup, dunk, and free throw. I am there.

It's not a shipping date, it's a release date. That's a vague term which can mean shipping, or it can mean the game is in stores already and can't be sold until that day. EA often ships games early, Madden is sold at midnight of the release date in many sores as a promotion.

Regardless, I just called Best Buy. They got it in today and it's ready for me to go pick it up! Woohoo!

Hence the shipping date. L0L

Gut it? Git it? Good.

That doesn't help your argument at all.

Lou Gutman, P.I.- It's like I'm not even trying anymore!
http://theatomicdanger.iforumer.com/index....theatomicdanger

One billion b-balls dribbling simultaneously throughout the galaxy. One trillion b-balls being slam dunked through a hoop throughout the galaxy. I can feel every single b-ball that has ever existed at my fingertips. I can feel their collective knowledge channeling through my viens. Every jumpshot, every rebound and three-pointer, every layup, dunk, and free throw. I am there.

Sure, it does. It's ships on the 9th (today) so depending on the delivery truck (plane, whatever0 it is posisble for stores to start selling today; but likely not. The game is scheduled for official release on 9/11. But, even then, your neighbourhood store still isn't GUARANTEED to have it in stock on that day. Once EA ships it out, their control of when they game gets to stores and then is sold is limited.

Example: Some in Kanada get the game today, I likely won't have it to tomorrow, and most won't see it until Thursday. And, I have no doubt there be some crying on Thursday that x stores doens't have any copies. *shrug*

Did you buy 2K9? If you did, youa re weak. I played the demo, and I wept... at how horirblely crappy it was. Be patient. NHL 09 will be available for you soon.

P.S. One of my XBOX Live 'Friends' has NHL 09. Lucky jerk.

2k9?

I hate that series. It always seemed inferior to NHL for some reason.

"Alright, I've been thinking. When life gives you lemons, don't make lemonade - make life take the lemons back! Get mad! I don't want your damn lemons, what am I supposed to do with these? Demand to see life's manager. Make life rue the day it thought it could give Cave Johnson lemons. Do you know who I am? I'm the man who's gonna burn your house down! With the lemons. I'm going to to get my engineers to invent a combustible lemon that burns your house down!"

NHL09 rocks, as expected. I started a power forward center and I'm playing for Boston, starting in the AHL. My first game was good, I had a goal and 20 shots. I have to be careful on the line changes, though. Managed 6 bone crunchers as well. This game rocks.

NHL 09 is very fun, and basically a suped up 08. However, it has problems. The hits are even more ridiculous - espicially the boarding ones - and the stick lift is too easy and too perfect with little consequences for it done wrong...

Plus, I'm actually trying default controls, and man do I suck at shooting with it. L0L

I haven't seen bugs yet.. well other than i'm not used tod efault controls yet (i've always sued classic in the past)... I have a bad habit of screwing up my shots.. ie deking when i want to shoot or torpedoing my slap shot or shooting when i meant to deke). HAHA!

The only bugs I've seen have been a few issues with line changes. I've been stuck on the bench a couple times during the PK or PP, and once I was sent out as the extra attacker when we were down by a goal, but the AI was controlling me. Nothing too bad though, I deserve it for taking way too much ice time.

Guys, if we're playing Be A Pro mode, can we use our offline character online (like GTA IV) or do we need a separate online character?

You can use the character on and offline. I think they level up separately though.

Oh yes, you level up your skills. You gain xp for games. There are three different skill trees, offense, defense, and athleticism. Depending on your performance and your class, excuses me, position, you gain xp differently. For example, my power forward is gaining xp faster in athleticism, but a sniper would gain offensive xp faster. Performance is a big factor too, when I get straight A's in my performance I get a nice bit of xp, but it goes down if my performance does.

It's also a slow progression, each skill takes about 200 xp to raise, and you gain about 10-20 xp a game. There are a ton of skills too. I need to up my accuracy, my one-timers are waaaaay off.