Martial Arts Skill

Are those martial arts skills ever used on coworkers, for example, during bitterly disputed design meetings? :)

hand to hand combat: use the two sticks for punches (like fight night rnd.3), hold rt and they kick instead(snap kick angels, side kick variations), grabs Lt-different grabs with diff directions.

It'd be cool if it took some lessons from bruce lee's punches and kicks, some chi sao. Just throwing things out there.

If you're a sneaky bastard like me, stealth + unarmed FTW!

I prefer Taijutsu when it comes to martial arts. There is something in there for everyone from arm-bars to naginata. It just never gets old and there is a solution for every attack if you have a really good sensei who knows the art.

Did a little youtubeing of American Hapkido. Looks like it will be a very enjoyable martial art to kick ass with in Alpha Protocol. I was just curious...does anyone know if the devs plan to implement weapon disarms? how about counter moves?

I am really looking forward to the CQC the devs plan to implement. I really enjoyed The Bourne Conspiracy game and after recently watching the movie Taken I can't wait to get in on the action of Alpha Protocol.

Thanks

Edited by Fearless_Jedi

"Some people are always trying to iceskate uphill."

Blade(Wesley Snipes) from the movie Blade.

Edited for content

"The first human who hurled an insult instead of a stone was the founder of civilization." - Sigmund Freud

Actually, I think it's American Kenpo. Kenpo is more striking-based, and although I'm sure it has disarms I don't think AP will feature them. From the brief video clips and screenshots, it looks like just beating people up as if they weren't armed [/passive aggressive].

They have mentioned that enemies will sometimes block your moves, though I don't think they'll reverse them and knock Thornton on his ass.

I haven't seen Taken yet, but I'm hoping to. I hear that the plot is a little generic, but seeing Liam beat people up is worth the price of admission.

You where right it is indeed American Kempo. Did some more youtubing and this stills looks like it will produce enjoyable results. Anyway, my issue with any lack of disarm capabilities is that the bad guy may recover from a hit quickly and then shoot you while you engage him (or another person) in CQC. Without the ability to disarm an opponent you cripple the usefulness of CQC especially if multiple opponents have been engaged.

Say you came upon two bad guys one armed and one not armed as you round a corner. Immediately you engage the two attacking the armed person first with a couple hits then finishing the rest of your combo on the unarmed guy. Well what if that armed guy recovers? He'll get an easy chance to shoot u in the head! Now if you could disarms the guy to begin with (perhaps with the charged up attack) now you can perform your combos without worry. This is only one situation where disarms would be nice. I could think of many others.

Now I don't think they should redo the CQC system rather I just think they should make it so that the charged attack acts as a disarm when the opponent you face carries a gun. Would actually be very enjoyable is you did a charge attack disarm that knocked the badguy back then you can do a takedown that involves a nice animation of you shooting the guy in the head (or something like that). It's just a thought.

Edited for content

"The first human who hurled an insult instead of a stone was the founder of civilization." - Sigmund Freud

. . . yeah, I kind of get the impression that there won't be any unarmed or CQC-using enemies. As such, disarming them without incapacitating them would put the AI in a situation where it doesn't know what to do. Personally, if I got wtfdisarmed, I'd probably just cower on the floor, but videogame bad guys tend to be more resilient.

I generally save the CQC for when I empty a clip running at a guy, try to stalk my way through a level, or want to save ammo. IMO, the CQC is pretty fun and I'll probably try to do a complete run through of the game using mostly CQC and stealth. Then again, I've played through games like Mass Effect 3+ times, so I'll probably explore a different play style each time through.

Fearless, you've definitely got the right idea when it comes to effectively using CQC on a pair of opponents regardless of whether or not there is the ability to disarm.

...a nice animation of you shooting the guy in the head...

Shooting someone in the head is not included in my definition of nice.

Swedes, go to: Spel2, for the latest game reviews in swedish!

...a nice animation of you shooting the guy in the head...

Shooting someone in the head is not included in my definition of nice.

Good point. replace "nice" with "cool, ultra gory"

Edited by Fearless_Jedi

Edited for content

or want to save ammo.

So, the game no longer features unlimited ammo?

The twist ending is that you had limited ammo all along. :sorcerer:

"Alright, I've been thinking. When life gives you lemons, don't make lemonade - make life take the lemons back! Get mad! I don't want your damn lemons, what am I supposed to do with these? Demand to see life's manager. Make life rue the day it thought it could give Cave Johnson lemons. Do you know who I am? I'm the man who's gonna burn your house down! With the lemons. I'm going to to get my engineers to invent a combustible lemon that burns your house down!"

Unlimited ammo has been replaced by regenerating health.

Shhh, that's the second twist. :closed:

... or is this serious? Because I would like that, depending on how the health regenerates.

"Alright, I've been thinking. When life gives you lemons, don't make lemonade - make life take the lemons back! Get mad! I don't want your damn lemons, what am I supposed to do with these? Demand to see life's manager. Make life rue the day it thought it could give Cave Johnson lemons. Do you know who I am? I'm the man who's gonna burn your house down! With the lemons. I'm going to to get my engineers to invent a combustible lemon that burns your house down!"

And CQC has been replaced with a chainsaw bayonet.

How would that NOT be awesome?

And CQC has been replaced with a chainsaw bayonet.

How would that NOT be awesome?

Inthe magical land of copyright infringement.

Hey now, my mother is huge and don't you forget it. The drunk can't even get off the couch to make herself a vodka drenched sandwich. Octopus suck.

*grumbles about WH40k rip-off*

kirottu said:
I was raised by polar bears. I had to fight against blood thirsty wolves and rabid penguins to get my food. Those who were too weak to survive were sent to Sweden.

It has made me the man I am today. A man who craves furry hentai.

So let us go and embrace the rustling smells of unseen worlds

• 1 month later...
I can imagine pens, but towels?

Sometimes your own body is way better than objects around you.

ANYTHING. He even mentioned the glasses you're wearing. He even jokes about how you can kill a man with the tie you're wearing around your neck. A stick, if thick enough to penetrate through the throat. A rock. I can't remember in details about this, but he said if you strike the blow at a man's upper cranial area, then that'll knock em out for good.

i can believe all those ones but a towel?? come on dude

i can believe all those ones but a towel?? come on dude

A towel can be used defensively, though I question its killing power. *Maybe* you could use it like a garrote to do an artery choke (I honestly haven't tried), but you can choke somebody empty-handed as well. Also, if you were ridiculously good at popping towels, you might be able to use one for a preemptive strike to the face (distracting at least).

Today I found out you can kill a man by stabbing him in the armpit.

Thank you, online US Army Training Manual!