BREAKING NEWS! Fallout3 banned in Australia

I'll backwards you...

Anyway, http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Office_of_Fil...eo_game_ratings

There are four classification categories for video games: G, PG, M, MA15+. Video games which exceed the impact of what the MA15+ rating allows are refused classification (RC). Games refused classification may be edited and resubmitted by their developers to garner an MA15+ classification.

A number of games have been "refused classification" here, but the offending content gets edited out and the game is released, Dark Sector and GTAIV being recent examples. GTAIV was modified and released at the same time as the rest of the world,, but Dark Sector took months.

Edited by Hell Kitty

Nah. Bethesda is still making it.

Murphy's Law of Computer Gaming: The listed minimum specifications written on the box by the publisher are not the minimum specifications of the game set by the developer.

@\NightandtheShape/@ - "Because you're a bizzare strange deranged human?"

Walsingham- "Sand - always rushing around, stirring up apathy."

Joseph Bulock - "Another headache, courtesy of Sand"

Here i thought that Australia's board of ethics classification was an ivory tower of elitist, and bourgeois men and women, who easily could commend on what the common riff-raff should indulge in, in terms of litterature, movies and popular culture. Clearly Fallout 3 was nothing that could inspire men to commit greater deeds, no virtue to pursue, no new insight to provide the feeble mind, and no philosophy that challanges the boundries of one's perception of society, order and reality. It has to be a game made by the common pleb, that we call 'Barbarians', for the common pleb.

Or maybe not.

"Some men see things as they are and say why?"
"I dream things that never were and say why not?"
- George Bernard Shaw

"Hope in reality is the worst of all evils because it prolongs the torments of man."
- Friedrich Nietzsche

"The amount of energy necessary to refute bull**** is an order of magnitude bigger than to produce it."

- Some guy 

By Common Plebs, For Common Plebs.

:thumbsup:

Murphy's Law of Computer Gaming: The listed minimum specifications written on the box by the publisher are not the minimum specifications of the game set by the developer.

On a related note my ear is blocked and it's getting really annoying.

Get Llyr's tongue out of it. That might help. :thumbsup:

Btw, i am currently reading Plato's "The Republic", so i am a bit biased at the moment.

But apparantly, the ethics board weren't a round table of men and women, sworn to reassign the taste of the public for the greater good. Instead, they are a bunch of soccer-moms wanting to keep to the population at mental and emotional level of less than 15.

Nietzsche is not pleased.

- George Bernard Shaw

"Hope in reality is the worst of all evils because it prolongs the torments of man."
- Friedrich Nietzsche

"The amount of energy necessary to refute bull**** is an order of magnitude bigger than to produce it."

- Some guy 

that's just frakking stupid.

video game classification authorities are bloody idiots, a bunch of condescending snobs who wouldn't dream of banning a shakespeare play because of the violence (c.f. titus andronicus), but who believe that video games are inherently a kid's medium and therefore they have to act as moral guardians for the frakking nation.

frak them. frak them in their stupid asses.

dumber than a bag of hammers

^ based on earlier rumors it seems to be drug use.

Then Bill Hicks is certainly NOT pleased (or is he :thumbsup: ).

'Actually, I'm against drugs being legalized, and this is why. Last weekend, my friend and I went into a farm, took some mushrooms, and we sat on a field. I looked up into the sky and saw God. He told me that there is nothing to fear, that he loves every single creature on this planet, and he showered gifts of forgiveness and love onto the Earth, and I realised that there was nothing to fear, and I loved everything ... Now, if that isn't a bad thing for this country, I don't know what is. How can we continue to make weapons if we love everything?'

//EDIT: Wait a minute, i just contradicted myself. If we all love everything, then Fallout 3 wouldn't been banned. But if we love everything, then there wouldn't be a Fallout 3 to begin with. Just forget about the quote above and let's continue to laugh at lower class' simple and neanderthalian concept of reality:

hedbotyd0.jpg

"Prra-ha-ha-ha-ha-haaaa"

Edited by Meshugger

- George Bernard Shaw

- Friedrich Nietzsche

- Some guy 

That's insane. One of the few things that is absolutely instrinsic to human nature is the desire to get off your face. It crosses every cultural and national line.

"It wasn't lies. It was just... bull****"."

-Elwood Blues

tarna's dead; processing... complete. Disappointed by Universe. RIP Hades/Sand/etc. Here's hoping your next alt has a harp.

So does this mean that all Australians are officially underage?

Nah, no how hard they try, the buggers still want to pursue something silly as an education or higher learning. But atleast they're making a moral statement on the taxpayers money, because that's the most important thing in life, you know :thumbsup:

- George Bernard Shaw

- Friedrich Nietzsche

- Some guy 

Lobotomies for everyone!

And Fallout 3 will sell by the tens of millions!

(Sorry, i just had to)

- George Bernard Shaw

- Friedrich Nietzsche

- Some guy 

Show me a society that hasn't invented alcohol and i'll show you a society that didn't make it out of the stone age.

So, getting drunk is the mother of invention?

:thumbsup:

Man, they must have really gotten smashed when they made the A-Bomb.

:huh: