Iran to Execute Those Who Leave Islam

Humodour

@Mods: I will do my best to not offend anyone and show proper respect.

----------------

Ok, first and foremost, homosexuality is forbidden in Islam. The same is true with bestiality, incest and sex that involves body wastes (I've no idea what the term is). There's just no getting past that. And secondly, Iranian law as we all know is based on the Qur'an and the Hadith which automatically render homosexuality illegal in Iran. However, Iran have went through positive changes by allowing its citizens to undergo Sex Reassignment Surgery (SRS). While this may not seem much, it is a sign that Iran, though slow, is capable of change from the inside.

And let me make one thing clear, I DO NOT agree with their law of executing homosexuals. The sooner this law is abolished the better. But you have to bear in mind that not all predominantly Muslim countries deem it necessary to execute homosexuals. Take my homeland Indonesia for example, hanging/stoning of adulterers is practically non-existent. The same is true with homosexuality. Though my government do not recognize their right to marry and start a family, our law does not dictate their execution.

You may argue that Indonesia doesn't base its laws on the Qur'an/hadith and therefore the prosecution of homosexuals can be avoided, but the fact is my country is the largest Muslim country in the world and for the most part, we are a very religious people. Although I concede that generally more and more Indonesian people are starting to adopt to the western lifestyle (increasing number of fatherless babies, premarital sex, AIDS, Indonesian Playboy magazine etc).

My point is that not all Muslims are homophobic, just as not all westerners are suffering from superiority complex and racism.

Regarding the Iranian government executing people leaving Islam. Islamic countries that based their law on sharia consider leaving the state religion as a form of treason. This law is based on the time of Prophet Muhammad (pbuh) when the Muslims were dwindling in numbers and when they were facing total obliteration. So it's more of a military context than anything else. And as far as I know, the US constitution still carry the death penalty/imprisonment for acts of treason right?

-------------------------

@Sand:

The Middle East is volatile enough without the west sticking their noses in where it don't belong. The toppling of their democratically elected government, the imposing of sanctions by the US and its allies, the warring period with Iraq and the threat of invasion from the US and Israel and God knows what else, have kept Iranians from knowing peace and progress for a long time. Those of us living in peaceful countries couldn't even begin to imagine what life must be like for them, When will it end for them?

You Americans... You talk of freedom and tolerance when all you do is kill!

And what's worse, your government consider themselves as being qualified to tell other people how to run their country when they can't get the dirty things that are going on in their own country straightened out.

Now I am not here to condemn America, I am not here to make America look bad, but I am here to tell you the truth... And if truth condemns America, then she stands condemned.

coexistreflection.gif

The Middle East is volatile enough without the west sticking their noses in where it don't belong. The toppling of their democratically elected government, the imposing of sanctions by the US and its allies, the warring period with Iraq and the threat of invasion from the US and Israel and God knows what else, have kept Iranians from knowing peace and progress for a long time. Those of us living in peaceful countries couldn't even begin to imagine what life must be like for them, When will it end for them?

money, it's a hit

don't give me that do goody good bull****

and

Money, it's a crime

share it fairly but don't take a slice of my pie

money, so they say

is the root of all evil today

but if you ask for a rise it's no surprise that they're

giving none away, away, away

It was all about money back then and so it is now.

Edited by Xard

How can it be a no ob build. It has PROVEN effective. I dare you to show your builds and I will tear you apart in an arugment about how these builds will won them.

- OverPowered Godzilla (OPG)

I am feeling the need to add the following:

The 'normative' perception of Christian, Islamic and, in general, Judaic informed interpretation of sexual orientation remains textually, not contextually, based. That having been said, there are authoritative challenges (i.e Liberation Theology) that effectively challenge the sweep that is occurring within this thread. I do not mean to suggest that the POV raised are 'wrong,' but I would offer that they are not exhaustive ...

The universe is change;
your life is what our thoughts make it
- Marcus Aurelius (161)

:dragon:

Though my government do not recognize their right to marry and start a family, our law does not dictate their execution.

Well hurrah.

Although I concede that generally more and more Indonesian people are starting to adopt to the western lifestyle (increasing number of fatherless babies, premarital sex, AIDS, Indonesian Playboy magazine etc).

Aha, so now AIDS is indicative of a western lifestyle. You could have fooled Africa, the continent hardest hit by the pandemic.

The differentiation is not so much one of religion but one of fundamentalism. Islam is not liberal, although of course Muslims can be. The same can be said of Christianity, although when do you think there will be openly gay Imams, I think never, and yet I'm sure thats what they would have said of Anglican priests 100 years ago.

Edited by Gorgon

Na na  na na  na na  ...

greg358 from Darksouls 3 PVP is a CHEATER.

That is all.

I'd like to point out that the difference between Iran and about any catholic country, for example, is that in Iran the religious leaders are also the political leaders. There simply isn't any separation between church and state in Iran. If the pope had the same political power as Iranian religious leaders, European laws towards homosexuality and apostasy, wouldn't be all that different from those in Iran.

"My hovercraft is full of eels!" - Hungarian tourist
I am Dan Quayle of the Romans.
I want to tattoo a map of the Netherlands on my nether lands.
Heja Sverige!!
Everyone should cuffawkle more.
The wrench is your friend. :bat:

Another weekly portion of 'evil Iran' news...

Can't wait for the next episode :)

Well... is the news false? Yes or no? Do you just ignore that this is happening, or do you actually hate homosexuals and agree that should be hanged? Or is it just western propaganda that homosexuals are murdered and that what Achmadinejad (whatever his name is) said, 'NO HOMOSEXUALS IN IRAN' ::cough:: cause they're all killed ::cough::, is true. :lol:

Inquiring minds want to know. I notice those who seem to defend Iran just skirt around the issue or change the subject.

Edited by GreasyDogMeat

My point is that not all Muslims are homophobic, just as not all westerners are suffering from superiority complex and racism.

You Americans... You talk of freedom and tolerance when all you do is kill!

These two statements seem to contradict one another. Is it just me?