Diablo II builds

I'm not sure what the trick to using it is, but I never managed to use Wall of Fire to any real affect.

Fireball on the other hand is awesomeness. :)

That fire trail skill is pretty cool too... wanna chase me? Ok.... :)

• 4 weeks later...

In the wake of Diablo 3, I figured a few people might be more malleable to the idea of an Obsidian Diablo 2 group?

It will be over IP (not battle.net), so you needn't worry about n00bs coming and ruining the game, or randoms joining and cheating.

We only really need about 2 to 4 people for a fun game (8 can get too crowded).

Dark Raven: Nice looking sorc. I made a melee sorc once with enchant. She did ****loads of damage but couldn't really take the hits.

Edit: Yeah, that's right, I'm looking at you Shryke, Moat, Dark_Raven, Xard and mkreku.

Edited by Krezack

In the wake of Diablo 3, I figured a few people might be more malleable to the idea of an Obsidian Diablo 2 group?

It will be over IP (not battle.net), so you needn't worry about n00bs coming and ruining the game, or randoms joining and cheating.

We only really need about 2 to 4 people for a fun game (8 can get too crowded).

Dark Raven: Nice looking sorc. I made a melee sorc once with enchant. She did ****loads of damage but couldn't really take the hits.

Edit: Yeah, that's right, I'm looking at you Shryke, Moat, Dark_Raven, Xard and mkreku.

:thumbsup:

2010spaceships.jpg

Hades was the life of the party. RIP You'll be missed.

*Rolls for saving throw against reinstalling D2*

success!

I don't know how D2 is since the last I played was when they first introduced synergies. Don't know how its changed.

My last character was a Hammerdin, and from my memory, it wasn't too hard even with lowly find it yourself equipment. I used to play in groups in Hell mode and my Hammerdin was still viable even with pretty sicky gear. I think its a good build to start with, then as you accumulate more and more loot, you can hand them down to more gear based characters.

I don't have my copy of D2 anymore, and I'm too busy for more games anyhow.

But fond memories of my level 70-something Amazon built around that awesome unique bow - Buriza? Or was Buriza the crossbow? See, I was totally kicking butt with that bow, until I was stupidly persuaded to trade it for the crossbow. That's when I lost interest, I think.

Otherwise, fire/cold/elec sorcs were my thing. Fondly remember static electricity, wall of fire and that flying ice orb.

I don't know what happened to my D2 copy either. I was thinking it'd be neat to check it out again in preparation for 3, but I do have Titan Quest and maybe that will suffice for my action RPG itch. I can usually only take about 20 hours of click and kill before I burn out for a bit.

Uhm.. I have my Diablo 2 up and running, but I am reading this thread with interest. I have my paladin (yes, I was that unoriginal) at level.. 16 perhaps? So far I've spent ONE skill point.. on some really weak Prayer skill that was supposed to heal me but doesn't seem to do anything but drain my mana.

I am so clueless as to how to build a paladin properly. I'll take it up to level 30 or so and read your (and other online) suggestions first before I'll start messing around with online. By the way, I am in some place called Inner Cloister right now in the single player campaign.. The enemies keep freezing me and I keep dying :wacko:

Swedes, go to: Spel2, for the latest game reviews in swedish!

...I am in some place called Inner Cloister right now in the single player campaign..

There is only one campaign whether it's single or multiplayer.

Why do you keep dying? Are you surrounded? Do you use potions?

Auras (Prayer is an aura, right?) are in my opinion only really usefull in multiplayer (since they affect other players and their minions) and you should think about skilling up something else.

I never were that hot on palladins but may I suggest Bash (knockback, stun, damage) or Zeal (multiple enemies)? I seem to remember that those two skill aren't too bad when the endgame comes and should work well now. :wacko:

Edit: Also, prayer does heal but slowly.

Edit the second: And is VERY effective in multiplayer.

Edited by Moatilliatta
sporegif20080614235048aq1.gif

Isn't Fanaticism mostly a hack through weak enemies fast skill? Not really that usefull in singleplayer.

It works well with Zeal. Paladin basically becomes a walking whirlwind of destruction, attacking everything around him at insane speeds.

Sacrafice csts 8 percent health per use and can be dangerous for an inexperienced user.

Not that I'm clever on paladins or anything, just saying.

Sacrifice has a nice synergy with Zeal. +10% to damage when using Zeal for each point put in Sacrifice, AFAIK. Even on its own it can be a very useful skill, especially against bosses, but yeah, some caution is required.

20795.jpg

Uhm.. I have my Diablo 2 up and running, but I am reading this thread with interest. I have my paladin (yes, I was that unoriginal) at level.. 16 perhaps? So far I've spent ONE skill point.. on some really weak Prayer skill that was supposed to heal me but doesn't seem to do anything but drain my mana.

I am so clueless as to how to build a paladin properly. I'll take it up to level 30 or so and read your (and other online) suggestions first before I'll start messing around with online. By the way, I am in some place called Inner Cloister right now in the single player campaign.. The enemies keep freezing me and I keep dying :wacko:

I'm level 16 too in the jail! Come play with me.

I can help you out with skills this way, too.

Will PM you my IP.

Latest patch here: http://ftp.blizzard.com/pub/diablo2exp/pat...DPatch_112a.exe

Edited by Krezack

So I'm looking through the Diablo 2 strategy guide that I've no idea where I got from:

Wouldn't conviction work well for a singleplayer paladin as it targets his enemies? I must admit that I've never tried it and don't know if the progression on higher levels is good since it slows down more than I would like.

Fanaticism seems to give very little attack rate 8 points or so in and I'm not too fond of that, but I guess it could be a usefull skill.

I seem to remember why I never really enjoyed paladins, they suck. :wacko:

sporegif20080614235048aq1.gif

Fanaticism was the most powerful paladin skill in Diablo 2 Classic and still remains equal first. These days Holy Shock and Holy Freeze are also contenders. (I prefer Holy Freeze myself since it's more interesting.)

Fanaticism speeds up the player's attacks something chronic, gives a hefty damage bonus, AND a big chance to hit increase.

I don't know where you read that but Fanaticism multiplies your damage by 5 at level 20, and more than DOUBLES your attack rating.

A very simple build is: 4 zeal, 20 sacrifice, 20 fanaticism. With this you'd do more than 7 times your normal damage, attack faster than you can blink, and your attack rating would be multiplied by 3 times. Not to mention your allies would adore you.

Conviction makes attack rating meaningless (they have no defence) and combined with vengeance - it does unfathomable amounts of elemental damage. It only hits one target at a time, though, unlike zeal, and doesn't have the speed increase of either zeal or fanaticism. I believe it gets useful again in hell where crowd skills are less powerful. But otherwise it's a chore selecting every monster, even if you score one hit kills.

Edit: not to mention that the Paladin is one of the safest characters to play because he can get incredibly high defence and block with holy shield.

Edited by Krezack

Why do you keep dying? Are you surrounded? Do you use potions?

I keep dying because I suck at Diablo 2 paladins..

There are these weird archers that make me blue and slow when they shoot me. And they begin shooting me before they even appear on screen. So I have to try to run towards them while being blue and slow and every hit they score on me stops me in my tracks. So I'm not really surrounded, I'm just slow and out of potions.

Swedes, go to: Spel2, for the latest game reviews in swedish!

I broke down and bought a copy from the Blizzard online store. It looks kinda terrible. Isn't there anything to fix the resolution? I know its an older game, but for some reason I remember it being nicer looking.